Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP Movie  (Read 4528 times)

Phantom

OFP Movie
« on: 11 Jul 2003, 20:34:55 »
Max_Killer_Payne and myself are looking into makin an OFP Film, not giving away any story yet, but what do u guys thinki of an ofp movie, how long do u think you'd watch for?

max_killer_payne

Re:OFP Movie
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 21:47:05 »
Yeah, we wanna gauge what sorta time limit you guys think we should have.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2003, 07:24:17 »
If itÂ's good IÂ'll watch for an hour(and IÂ'm not in a hurry), if itÂ's more avarge and just get boring with same angles and same style and blah blah blah IÂ'll watch 5-10 mins at most.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2003, 11:02:14 »
Cheers Armstrong, anyone else?

Gooner861

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2003, 19:37:32 »
Like armstrong said if its good camera work, and something original and new i wud definetely watch for about an hour. Give us a little peak in2 the plot. Go on we know u want 2.  ;D

Phantom

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2003, 23:23:49 »
the reason we didn't give u a peak before was because we were still debating what we would do. now we've decided on a cutscene/mission type thing, so the cutscene's will be there to tell the story, and the missions stuff will be there to keep you busy. but as for the scenario, we've got one, an have already started work, but i'll have to discuss it with max, so i know how much we're gonna tell people and what.

ste150

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2003, 21:12:41 »
Same again, I'd watch it as long as it was interesting - You gotta think about the size of the download for us poor Dial-up users if your gonna make an hour-long movie though...
Stevo :)

anti garble

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2003, 21:33:46 »
 ;D film making in ofp is my game ,:) . i find that 15 mins is a good time . and this also is hard to fill. if ya doing a car chase. i could lend ya mine :)

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2003, 22:07:46 »
no car chase mate, but thanks anyway
and about dial-up, i think that the majority of people on broadband were on dial-up at one stage, and i know what it's like!

max_killer_payne

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2003, 22:37:58 »
Okay, scince I didnt catch you online Phantom. I thought I'd just say this. The movie/mission that me and Phantom have been working on will probably be ready in beta by Saturday. I just need to discuss things about the mission with Phantom.

Phantom

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2003, 09:04:05 »
yeh, the weekend should be fine, e-mail me when i'm not online mate

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:14:04 »
I've been expermenting with using different screen capture programs in order to grab stuff out to .AVI files so that they can be edited in an NLE application, adding effects and such. But, the sad thing is, the ones that gives you good quality in terms of resolution and detail, has crappy framerates and lags the hell out of things, and the ones that give you good framerates and don't lag everything to death, has crappy resolution and detail.

:(
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Phantom

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:24:53 »
that's because it's not designed to be done like that. you need a TV In/Out port on your V Card, then you plug it into your VCR and have your TV into the vcr, record what you've got into the VCR and then it's easier to be edited.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:35:06 »
I think you're missing my point.
This software is designed to capture everything on screen and save it to an .AVI file.

I know you can do it the VCR-way, but like effort, plus I only have S-Video out on my gfx-card.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Phantom

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:44:22 »
i didn't miss your point, i just said that it's meant to be done with a tv inout because it's shoddy on computers unless you've got a damn good one. i've got a damn good one and it's crap on mine