Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP Movie  (Read 4526 times)

Phantom

OFP Movie
« on: 11 Jul 2003, 20:34:55 »
Max_Killer_Payne and myself are looking into makin an OFP Film, not giving away any story yet, but what do u guys thinki of an ofp movie, how long do u think you'd watch for?

max_killer_payne

Re:OFP Movie
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 21:47:05 »
Yeah, we wanna gauge what sorta time limit you guys think we should have.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2003, 07:24:17 »
If itÂ's good IÂ'll watch for an hour(and IÂ'm not in a hurry), if itÂ's more avarge and just get boring with same angles and same style and blah blah blah IÂ'll watch 5-10 mins at most.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2003, 11:02:14 »
Cheers Armstrong, anyone else?

Gooner861

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2003, 19:37:32 »
Like armstrong said if its good camera work, and something original and new i wud definetely watch for about an hour. Give us a little peak in2 the plot. Go on we know u want 2.  ;D

Phantom

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2003, 23:23:49 »
the reason we didn't give u a peak before was because we were still debating what we would do. now we've decided on a cutscene/mission type thing, so the cutscene's will be there to tell the story, and the missions stuff will be there to keep you busy. but as for the scenario, we've got one, an have already started work, but i'll have to discuss it with max, so i know how much we're gonna tell people and what.

ste150

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2003, 21:12:41 »
Same again, I'd watch it as long as it was interesting - You gotta think about the size of the download for us poor Dial-up users if your gonna make an hour-long movie though...
Stevo :)

anti garble

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2003, 21:33:46 »
 ;D film making in ofp is my game ,:) . i find that 15 mins is a good time . and this also is hard to fill. if ya doing a car chase. i could lend ya mine :)

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2003, 22:07:46 »
no car chase mate, but thanks anyway
and about dial-up, i think that the majority of people on broadband were on dial-up at one stage, and i know what it's like!

max_killer_payne

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2003, 22:37:58 »
Okay, scince I didnt catch you online Phantom. I thought I'd just say this. The movie/mission that me and Phantom have been working on will probably be ready in beta by Saturday. I just need to discuss things about the mission with Phantom.

Phantom

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2003, 09:04:05 »
yeh, the weekend should be fine, e-mail me when i'm not online mate

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:14:04 »
I've been expermenting with using different screen capture programs in order to grab stuff out to .AVI files so that they can be edited in an NLE application, adding effects and such. But, the sad thing is, the ones that gives you good quality in terms of resolution and detail, has crappy framerates and lags the hell out of things, and the ones that give you good framerates and don't lag everything to death, has crappy resolution and detail.

:(
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Phantom

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:24:53 »
that's because it's not designed to be done like that. you need a TV In/Out port on your V Card, then you plug it into your VCR and have your TV into the vcr, record what you've got into the VCR and then it's easier to be edited.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:35:06 »
I think you're missing my point.
This software is designed to capture everything on screen and save it to an .AVI file.

I know you can do it the VCR-way, but like effort, plus I only have S-Video out on my gfx-card.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Phantom

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2003, 11:44:22 »
i didn't miss your point, i just said that it's meant to be done with a tv inout because it's shoddy on computers unless you've got a damn good one. i've got a damn good one and it's crap on mine

Mr_Shady

« Reply #15 on: 16 Jul 2003, 14:00:45 »
I find that straight-to-avi screen capture's handy as it lets you vid edit them straight off. I can film a shot in OFP, then chuck it straight into adobe premiere pretty much. So far I've got fifty seconds of footage for the official RSF squad promo video  ;D

Look out Spielberg!

Phantom

« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2003, 14:51:15 »
i'm sure it is if you can get a program that won't lag your computer back to the stoneage. what program are you using.

HyperBart

« Reply #17 on: 16 Jul 2003, 15:38:11 »
i think ppl would like to see the movie ingame... and when you do that, you should divide the film up in chapters and make a mission (intro) of each chapter, linking them together in a campaign... that way, when you press espape by accident, you won't have to watch 10 min movie you already saw...

Phantom

« Reply #18 on: 16 Jul 2003, 16:13:53 »
there are missions put in, it's basically every time there's a chance to fire your weapon, your there

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jul 2003, 10:02:03 »
there are missions put in, it's basically every time there's a chance to fire your weapon, your there

Sooo, basically you are talking about making a mission, with lots of cutscenes, right?

Anyway, there is no way I'd watch more than about 10-15 minutes of an OFP movie, unless it was DAMN creative, well-acted and well-done. We have all seen cutscenes, intros and outros, and unless you work VERY hard at making something completely unlike what we have all seen a million times, it would just get old after about ten minutes. I have yet to see a cutscene in OFP that didn't get tiresome about halfway through.

However, if you got VERY creative with things like music, cutrsc, fades, zooms, sound and anything else at your disposal, I would watch it for longer than 10 mins.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jul 2003, 10:08:37 »
Well, if you do it like a movie proper (like Kooky is planning for his RSF bit) it will be fun to watch, and will probably keep you interested for more than 10-15 minutes.

The way we're doing it (I'm helping out) is that we use FRAPS to grab the picture off the screen, and put this into Adobe Premiere and edit it together like real footage. This allows us to make proper edits and also apply effects, title overlays and such.

Rest assured it will be kick-ass :)

Phantom

« Reply #21 on: 17 Jul 2003, 11:04:48 »
i know how it works. and even though our ofpec staff, can you please not use this topic to advertise your own work

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 17 Jul 2003, 11:24:27 »
Look, I'm just trying to help out. What if someone comes along thinking "I want to make a movie in OFP", they spot this thread and read it.

They will either make one completely in-game using only camscripting, or they might want to bring it out of OFP for editing in a proper application, and then they'll know how to do it.

If I wanted to just advertise our stuff, you would notice it. I'm just bringing forth the information about how we go about doing our stuff, that's all.

Phantom

« Reply #23 on: 17 Jul 2003, 12:50:27 »
i did notice it.

So far I've got fifty seconds of footage for the official RSF squad promo video  
and
rest assured it will be kick ass

sound like self promotion to me

max_killer_payne

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jul 2003, 20:50:56 »
Im sensing a bit off agro goin on here. So ill just fill you guys in on some more details.

Basically members of this forum will appear in this. Maybe by there nickname or by thier real name. So keep an eye out for things like that.

ste150

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jul 2003, 20:51:02 »
Now now - lets not get nasty  :P

Is It goona be ready for Saturday? Whee are you gonna post it - let me now and i'll d/l

cheers
Stevo :D

Phantom

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jul 2003, 23:38:24 »
it would've been done by today, but i'm havin some major probs with the chopper taking 29 seconds to get started. Also, the people who appear in it, are just there for a laff, so don't get to uppy about it.

Captain Winters

« Reply #27 on: 18 Jul 2003, 00:22:54 »
i know how it works. and even though our ofpec staff, can you please not use this topic to advertise your own work

gods sake, man. calm down! you're like a ragu monkey will people and their self promotion. cry about it  :P
BTW- Check out www.ofp-icm.com for the sweetest clan ever!

Tanks! 8)

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 18 Jul 2003, 01:39:03 »
Phantom, have you ever wondered why it's always the threads you're posting in that go out of hand? You're not telling anyone how to behave in our forums, especially considering the behaviour you have been showing so far.

Provoking people and then reporting them seems to be your style, right? If I'd be you I'd work on my own behaviour before pointing on others.

Apart from that I can't find a mission idea in this thread. How to make a movie surely has nothig to do with OFP editing and we also never allowed blatant advertising like this in the forums.

So (before the thread flares up even further): Topic locked.