Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 helo Q's ;)  (Read 827 times)

Flapje

2 helo Q's ;)
« on: 31 Mar 2003, 15:26:17 »
Hello again, my fellow OFPers

does any of you know how to set the speed of a chopper? I tried setvelocity, but OFP doesn't seem to recognize it :hmm:  
and, is there a way to let a chopper hover while unloading his troops? I tried placing the waypoint at 3m (didnt work) and I tried using eject script, but the helo is too fast and will injure or kill them.

thnx in advance

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
Re:2 helo Q's ;)
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2003, 15:51:28 »
Hello

How to change speed of vehical?
I think this is how you do it:
groupOne setSpeedMode "TYPE"

Set group speed mode. Mode may be one of: "LIMITED" (half speed,"NORMAL" = full speed, maintain formation,"FULL" = do not wait for any other units in formation.

Chaning the height of the chopper in flying?
unitname flyInHeight 50

This will tell make the chopper fly in the height you put in the space of 50.  (1 - 1000)  It chould go higher but might lag above 9999.

Making a chopper hover while ejecting soldiers?
Heres a way you could do it:

Have a waypoint TYPE:  Hold where ever you want him to hover and make a trigger around the waypoint activation by whoever you want to activate it.  Have the Countdown (5,5,5) to give time for the chopper to stop.  Put the commands to make the men eject in the On Activation of the trigger.  

-or-

Use this for you ejecting, its a lession step by step that i gave someone else:

Hello

If you don't want to use the script way use this one...  I know what you want, this is what i did.  You can look at the picture i made to look over... It in the next Reply (Too Big To Put In Here)
Two ways of doing this:

1:  Waypoint way...
(This is for the soldiers starting in the chopper)
Make a chopper (UH60 or anykind) and name it C1 (anything will do), also make it flying.
Make your units (12 soldiers) and name them A1 - A12.  In A1 INI Field (General "Leader") put:
grp=group this; "_x moveincargo C1" foreach units group this
Make a waypoint for the chopper (C1) type: MOVE, and in the On Activation Field put:
C1 flyInHeight 150
(150 or higher will make the soldiers be alive after ejecting...)
Next Waypoint for chopper (C1) type: MOVE, and in the On Activation Field put:
A1 action ["Eject", C1]; A2 action ["Eject", C1]; A3 action ["Eject", C1]; A4 action ["Eject", C1]; A5 action ["Eject", C1]; A6 action ["Eject", C1]; A7 action ["Eject", C1]; A8 action ["Eject", C1]; A9 action ["Eject", C1]; A10 action ["Eject", C1]; A11 action ["Eject", C1]; A12 action ["Eject", C1];
Note:  I would highly go with the trigger way but heres a tip, make 3 waypoints that have this in the On Activation:
WP 1:
A1 action ["Eject", C1]; A2 action ["Eject", C1]; A3 action ["Eject", C1]; A4 action ["Eject", C1];
WP 2:
A5 action ["Eject", C1]; A6 action ["Eject", C1]; A7 action ["Eject", C1]; A8 action ["Eject", C1];
WP3:
A9 action ["Eject", C1]; A10 action ["Eject", C1]; A11 action ["Eject", C1]; A12 action ["Eject", C1];
So the people willn't knock together as they get out all at once.
Make a waypoint for the General (A1) type: GetOut where the 2nd waypoint for Chopper (C1).

2:  Trigger way...
Do the same with the INI Field of A1 and C1 but you don't need to put anything in the On Activation Field for the waypoints.
Use the Waypoint Style that is shown in the picture but use triggers to make the soldiers eject.  Follow the waypoint line and put 3 trigger on it that have this in the On Activation Field:
TR 1:
A1 action ["Eject", C1]; A2 action ["Eject", C1]; A3 action ["Eject", C1]; A4 action ["Eject", C1];
TR 2:
A5 action ["Eject", C1]; A6 action ["Eject", C1]; A7 action ["Eject", C1]; A8 action ["Eject", C1];
TR 3:
A9 action ["Eject", C1]; A10 action ["Eject", C1]; A11 action ["Eject", C1]; A12 action ["Eject", C1];
Its something like the waypoint way but with the trigger way you can make it be so theres a time limit before they jump out and have different people activate it.
If you need something us just ask.

Bye

Hope thats what you are talking about.
Bye

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2003, 16:06:20 »
heli1 land "get out"

will make it hover near the ground.    Syntax not guaranteed.

There are chopper tutes in the Ed Depot.   And an assortment of scripts.    Also search the forum, this sort of thing is a very common problem.

You can set the speed of the chopper in a waypoint's "speed" field.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2003, 16:27:31 »
 heli1 land "get out" this will, cool, well i learned something today  :P

Flapje

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2003, 19:50:07 »
I know about the limited, normal and full speed modes, but I was wondering if there was a command like flyinheight to change your speed in m/h or something  ::) I couldn't really get macbuba's thing to work, but I'll just go and search the tutes now, didn't have much time this afternoon ;)

Flapje

« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2003, 16:35:45 »
I couldn't find anything useful ???  So to make things clear: the question is not to eject or anything, I just want to unload cargo about 2 or 3m above the ground from an helicopter. So, it mustn't land, but hover. And the other question was if there was a command like flyinheight to change the speed of the helo.

Thnx for your previous answers anyway, although I couldn't do anything with it :)  
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2003, 16:39:04 by Flapje »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2003, 17:38:46 »
Try a different landing area, it might help.   The ground needs to be pretty flat.

As far as I know there is no "flyinspeed" command.

Try one of the heli landing scripts, I think snYpir wrote one.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2003, 17:39:12 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play