Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57492 times)

dealer

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #405 on: 29 Apr 2003, 11:18:08 »
Hmm what I find strange is that I have no lag in the city even when in a chopper with alot of units down...I have a little bit slower computer then you avonlady and I run th Afghanistan map with a view distance of 2000..
Well the happier I am..Anyway I keep hearing how cool was a city in the first version that got deleted...I haven`t seen it but what is the reason of it beeing deleted and any chance you gonna put it back?

The Avon Lady

« Reply #406 on: 29 Apr 2003, 11:24:25 »
I keep hearing how cool was a city in the first version that got deleted...I haven`t seen it but what is the reason of it beeing deleted and any chance you gonna put it back?
Must be the one at GB75 I've been begging to have restored. It was a small village situated in a narrow gulley between mountains, with the north end opening up to a desert plan.

from the north entrance, the town went gradually up on a mild incline. The building were perfect, there were some buildings on cliffs above overlooking the town.

BAS team's Naqual made a Delta Force mission against African militia soldiers. It was terrific, lots of action and sure had the feel of desert CQB. Now all the enemies just stand around on open sand terrain, waiting to get shot. :'( :'(

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #407 on: 29 Apr 2003, 13:35:48 »
LOL ok, I'm putting back the town, or supperb village in the strip again.
Do you guyz want the same exact buildings? or could it be different buildings but with a similar placements?

Yeah I hope someone could make a complete, or atleast a pretty descent list of bugs so I could fix it and release the final upgrade pack for the month or 2 (can't release more than this since it'll start allowing people to make their own campaign before ours :o )

I hope to see the list of bugs soon ;D

Again thanks people.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #408 on: 29 Apr 2003, 15:24:05 »
LOL ok, I'm putting back the town, or supperb village in the strip again.
Do you guyz want the same exact buildings? or could it be different buildings but with a similar placements?
Whoopee! Same exact thing, please. It was perfect! Just check that none of them are floating above the ground. This isn't an Indiana Jones movie, ya know.

Thanks! :)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #409 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:09:29 »
alright ;) oh by the way people, this is not Somalia alright? Remember, this is Afghanistan LOL I got a e-mail saying nice Somalia map, can't wait for the full version....... ok... I don't know if he saw the name of the map when clicking on it LOL.  This Afghan map... actually.... I went to the source and it said central Afghanistan.......... so I'm going to change the name of my map to central Afghanistan.  Currently it says Southern Afghanistan because that was what I thought in the first place but after going back to the site with discriptions of the sat photo it said "Central Mountaneous Afghanistan."  So for those people making some missions for my map..... if you have a briefing saying Southern Afghanistan, be sure to change it to central Afghanistan ;) That's all. Going back to work.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #410 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:11:23 »
Why not just call it Afghanistan? Makes life much easier. ::)

Morpheous

« Reply #411 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:59:55 »
Haha Somalia map who was it?  :P

Nice so the town is back in just make sure we dont get too much manhattan style here remember this is a country with sporadic amounts  of civilization hubs  ::)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #412 on: 29 Apr 2003, 18:47:15 »
ok some bugs you asked you get it ;D
The problem with the bridges I ques you already now it ;)
Some building rocks with ladder you can get up there comes no menu where stays climb ladder up ;)
At distances some building some parts go white ;)
Thats for bugs and for suggestions I liked the roads in the first release please add it back ;)
and as for the streetlamp make a new model for it ;)
And last for now it would be very cool if you add some airport with afghan building for the airport and some military bases ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #413 on: 30 Apr 2003, 01:11:17 »
I second that, Roads and Military bases all the way, and most deffinatly an Airport, (how else can I reenact the Ranger's capture of the Kandahar air port  ;) ) but I'm still having trouble with the animation, where exactly should the PBO and the folder with the animataion be with reguards to the Operation Flashpoint folder? thanx in advance  ;)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #414 on: 30 Apr 2003, 07:09:37 »
where exactly should the PBO and the folder with the animataion be with reguards to the Operation Flashpoint folder?
The anim is just a single MISSION.SQM file. It should be here:

\OperationFlashpoint\AddOns\CATIntro_anims\Intro.catintro\mission.sqm

;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #415 on: 30 Apr 2003, 22:55:51 »
Okay Good I was wondering why a lot of cutsceenes were in two folders, I'll see if it works Thanx

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #416 on: 01 May 2003, 02:00:08 »
I have the anims.pbo of afghan map in the catintro.pbo so I have unpacked the old catintro.pbo and put the anim.pbo in it and the anim of the island works perfect it even dont ask for catsttdesertsoldier.pbo ;)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #417 on: 01 May 2003, 07:08:11 »
I have the anims.pbo of afghan map in the catintro.pbo so I have unpacked the old catintro.pbo and put the anim.pbo in it and the anim of the island works perfect it even dont ask for catsttdesertsoldier.pbo ;)
OFP Info and The FAQ are coordinating their efforts to mirror the exact same files when the island is next updated, so that everyone has the exact same thing. Stay tuned. ;)

Morpheous

« Reply #418 on: 01 May 2003, 19:32:01 »
And last for now it would be very cool if you add some airport with afghan building for the airport and some military bases

I hear you  ;D
Exactly what i wanted too dont you worry mates CAT had told me he was working on this too but thats a whole new island  :o
You'll be blown away by the new models and objects in that map , but you'll find answers to this on our website when its up  ::)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #419 on: 01 May 2003, 22:19:42 »
The anim is just a single MISSION.SQM file. It should be here:

\OperationFlashpoint\AddOns\CATIntro_anims\Intro.catintro\mission.sqm

;)

Works Perfect, thanx  ;)