Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57489 times)

The Avon Lady

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #390 on: 27 Apr 2003, 22:02:01 »
Also, what are the coords for the new city?

fragsta

« Reply #391 on: 27 Apr 2003, 22:37:21 »
I'm confused...is the whole thing ready in one pbo yet? ???

The Avon Lady

« Reply #392 on: 27 Apr 2003, 23:21:36 »
I'll upload the updated cutscene that was suppose to be included in the upgrade pack.  It's attached in the buttom.
Anim cutscene fails with a missing addon error msg for CatSTTDesertSoldier or similar.

Some more comments about the map:

1. The streetlamps in towns look awfully inappropriate.

2. A coastal port facility and town would be nice.

mattmayhem

« Reply #393 on: 27 Apr 2003, 23:25:39 »

1. The streetlamps in towns look awfully inappropriate.

2. A coastal port facility and town would be nice.
A coastal port would be even more inappropriate...Afghanistan does not touch any ocean.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2003, 23:26:06 by mattmayhem »

The Avon Lady

« Reply #394 on: 28 Apr 2003, 00:04:42 »
A coastal port would be even more inappropriate...Afghanistan does not touch any ocean.
This map can be used for other areas in the MidEast and Africa. Naguals original mission for this map using African Militia was a great example.

You've got coastline. Flaunt it! ;D

Strangelove

« Reply #395 on: 28 Apr 2003, 01:23:01 »
Man this is HUGE, in every way. Huge thread, huge file, huge effort, hugely good and hugely beyond the capabilities of mine and I suspect many other computers... at least when it comes to multiplayer (I'm getting time-lapse over the towns... it's like Jason and The Argonaughts all over again).  :D

Anywayz... some of the building models and textures are really groovy... just what is required for a much needed desert map. Has anyone asked permission / got plans to use this stuff to do a smaller, less laggy island for slower computers and/or multiplayer?

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #396 on: 28 Apr 2003, 16:34:55 »
Hi people.  ok  I'll answer questions and demands one by one.

Strangelove- Thanks I know it's laggy because it's pretty darn laggy on my CPU to LOL.  I'm pretty much open on the idea of people using my stuffs.  Actually, in most cases, I write in teh readme not to ask for permission or about credits because I'll rather be using those time replying to people for my map :D but that was before I joined a mod team.  So currently people could use my buildings and textures "BUT" they can not release their maps before mine is finished that's all ;D  :P Well understandable isn't?

Avon Lady-Port huh?? LOL ok, well I guess I'll add on on the river.. maybe one of those little boats which I'm planning on making ;)  The light... uuh.. yeah I guess it is inappropriate LMAO.  I'll take that off on the next upgrade ;D
:-O The cutscene still doesn't work?? Damn that's freaking wierd......... I never used any of my units in it... dang :-S Oh by the way, the city is at Ei 80.

Fragsta-awmm I'm not really sure what you mean by your question.  Do you mean, if my map is 100% finish and ready to DL? or is the demo packed into a single .pbo and ready to play? If you mean by 100% of it, no I'm not finish yet.  Actually, I'm still deleting many objects around the map which I placed on the early stages of development of the map (which I trashed do to the terrain reality) so I'm still in the stage of redeveloping the whole island.

dealer-yup I found out what the problem was.  I DL'd the upgrade pack from ofp.info and found out that one texture file was missing (I forgot to include it in the upgrade pack when sending it to them.  So it'll be fixed and be include in the next temporary upgrade pack next week.

Thanks all.

oh Morpheus, when I say temporary upgrade pack, there will not be any major upgrades or anything (I still remember what I promised when we talked together couple of nights ago ;) )  The upgrade pack that will be released next week will just include the texture files which was missing and just a little more expansion in the city.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #397 on: 28 Apr 2003, 18:12:04 »
Bug: went up in the minaret to the upper landing. Cound not crawl to the edge of the landing and attempting to throw a grenade was suicidal due to invisible force fields. :o ;D

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #398 on: 28 Apr 2003, 19:42:32 »
 :o Just tried that out and............ god dang it........... I thought I fixed that through all the updates....... actually, the bug got worse.... hmm... I gotta fix that as soon as possible....... thanks avonlady.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #399 on: 29 Apr 2003, 00:53:04 »
Hey I Just DLed the Island last night, (it took 7hrs. 45min. ish) and I'm very Impressed it's second only to Nogova, and the Big towns are Better than Nogova's, but the Cutsceen didn't work for me, I just got the File from ofp.info and all that was in the rar was the catintro.pbo file, no cutsceene or Readme, if you could point me in the direction of what I missed, I'd appreceate it. Good Work 5 of 5 stars  ;)

Cervomix

« Reply #400 on: 29 Apr 2003, 04:40:43 »
Yeah sorry i forgot to add it in the rar so here is the intro

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/rest/CATIntro_anims.zip

Unzip it in your \addon folder it should create \addon\CATIntro_anims\Intro.catintro\mission.sqm

Cat_shit, i put East soldier instead of STT one because of errors messages to guys who don't have the addon, i hope you don't mind. ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #401 on: 29 Apr 2003, 05:39:31 »
Why thank you my good man  ;)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #402 on: 29 Apr 2003, 06:57:40 »
Cat_sh*t, i put East soldier instead of STT one because of errors messages to guys who don't have the addon, i hope you don't mind. ;)
On the contrary! The whole purpose of replacing the original BAS and UCE addons anim was to remove any need for unofficial addons for the anim. So Cat came through, as advertised on TV. :D

This anim looks like a clip from Reuter's raw video footage. Nice work! However, I, too, have to report a relative lag fest when playing the anim or just flying a chopper around the town. I've got a 2Ghz machine with 512MB and a 64MB GF card.

BTW, I'm sure you know but in the big mosque there are windows with a greyish sort of thexture that just don't look right. The boring black window textures are better.

Cat, when Update 3 comes out, please produce it with an updated README. Also please create a separate list carefully noting which files are supposed to be in the PBO, so that any others can be deleted to reduce the PBO file's size. Thanks.

Morpheous

« Reply #403 on: 29 Apr 2003, 09:59:30 »
Hey nice going Avon find somemore bugs will ya  :P . Ok guys everyone try and find all the bugs you can find so in the next update CAT hopefully fixes them all .... especially with relation to buildings and their warping walls ::)

Lets have a list made up of bugs ok ;)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #404 on: 29 Apr 2003, 10:03:23 »
Lets have a list made up of bugs ok ;)
There were fly maggots in the vegetables at the shuk. :o

Oh....................... not those kinda bugs. ;D