Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57485 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #375 on: 26 Apr 2003, 18:23:49 »
:D   You guyz will hear a great news this sunday...... or saturday afternoon :D

fragsta

« Reply #376 on: 26 Apr 2003, 21:17:22 »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! Loads of kewl stuff is happenin this week! CH47E, Sea Harrier, and now afghan map! WOOHOO!

Chomps

« Reply #377 on: 27 Apr 2003, 02:58:16 »
I guess we got the good news already.  ;D

http://ofp.gamezone.cz

Nazul

« Reply #378 on: 27 Apr 2003, 05:08:45 »
great work CAT, this new town is good fun, just been having street battles against bibmi's militia. :)
only bug i saw is with a 3 storey building and a ladder on the outside of it, when climbing up it the soldier warps into the building and can see thru it, kinda like a wall hack.
keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

The Avon Lady

« Reply #379 on: 27 Apr 2003, 07:11:26 »
I was hoping to see the town at GB75 restored. :-[

Nevertheless, I've rebuilt an updated PBO and tested it out along with the anim cutscene. All's fine.

I'm willing to mirror a ZIPped version but I need an updated README. In the last full version I downloaded, there were 3 READMEs: README1st by OFP.Info, README2nd and readme042203 by the author. It would be great to have a single readme, with an updated summary of corrections, contact info and install instructions for this full version.

There are only two files: the island PBO and the anim MISSION.SQM file. The latter needs to be installed to OFP\AddOns, using the full path name saved in the ZIP file. The island PBO itself can go into either OFP\AddOns or into a -mod AddOns folder of the installer's choice.

CAT, can you put together this README and then I'll upload the mirror copy?

edit: little details I noticed (also in update 1):

Somewhere around FA40, there's a collapsed bridge running across a gorge. Of course, that might be intentional but it would be ever so usefull if it could be repaired.

Somewhere around EA41 there are large rocks on hillsides whose bottom broder is protruding above the sloped ground level. I would guess that there are more of these around. I'm just reporting what I've noticed.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2003, 08:52:40 by The Avon Lady »

fragsta

« Reply #380 on: 27 Apr 2003, 10:08:26 »
Is the update map the whole island or do u need other pbos?

The Avon Lady

« Reply #381 on: 27 Apr 2003, 10:12:42 »
The Update 2 file, posted above, is a relatively small update. You must have the full addon with the prior Update 1 applied to it before manually applying Update 2 to produce an updated PBO file.

I am currently uploading a complete copy of the island addon, fully updated. It's a big download and will available in about an hour or so.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #382 on: 27 Apr 2003, 11:48:30 »
thanks people for the warm words.  The bridge, I'm still waiting for one of our MOD member to complete it since I'm still under a lot of work.  I hope he'll finish it soon (ROBO-01) The ladder on the 3 story building.  I know that thing is buggy :'(but If I make it to straight up with no slope of what so ever, the player or AI will just fall right down when he reaches the top.. buggy...

oh Avon Lady, do you think you could copy and paste what it says in the readme in the reply?  I never saw the ofp.info readme so :-[  
Also what do you mean by only seeing the mission.sqm file and the catintro.pbo? Do you mean you can't see the cutscene? Oh by the way, you have to have the catintro.pbo in the original ofp addon folder since in the config.cpp where I specify the location of my map for the cutscene, I added the line for the original ofp addon folder path since that's where my catintro.pbo is located.  I should have included this in the readme to.  That's why I guess I need beta testers :P.

About mirroring the stuff there's no problem with it ;)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #383 on: 27 Apr 2003, 12:02:59 »
oh Avon Lady, do you think you could copy and paste what it says in the readme in the reply? I never saw the ofp.info readme
Here's my own copy of README1ST.TXT, that replaced OFP Info's in my mirror file:
Readme by The Avon Lady

This is a fully built ready to install copy of CAT's Afghanistan Island,
including the addon's 2nd update, released on Sunday, April 27, 2003.

I take no responsibility for this addon, other than mirroring a download
copy. All comments and questions about the addon should be directed to the
addon maker.

------
How to install?

- Extract the CATINTRO.PBO file directly into your OFP\AddOns subdirectory
  or into a -mod folder's AddOns subdirectory.

- Extract the MISSION.SQM file into your OFP base subdirectory, making sure to
  specify the USE FOLDER NAMES option in WinZIP or the equivalent option in
  whichever ZIP file extraction program you are using.

Additional requirements
------

Please refer to the other README files included with this download.

Also what do you mean by only seeing the mission.sqm file and the catintro.pbo? Do you mean you can't see the cutscene?
No, all I mean is that in my download install file you will find just those two files plus my readme and the 2 other readmes. That's all. Everything works fine.

Regarding the anim cutscene, I recommend two things:

1. The views from foot level are a little annoying. Could you position the camera a little further back so that we don't feel like we're being stepped on? :)

2. The text shown during the anim should be positioned at the bottom of the screen - not the middle, where it gets easily overlaid by OFP's main menu text.
Oh by the way, you have to have the catintro.pbo in the original ofp addon folder since in the config.cpp where I specify the location of my map for the cutscene, I added the line for the original ofp addon folder path since that's where my catintro.pbo is located.  I should have included this in the readme to.  That's why I guess I need beta testers :P.
As my README above states, yes, the anim has to be installed in OFP\Addons. This is generally true of all island addons. Generally speaking, it is best never to install anything into OFP\RES.

In your island's case, the island PBO itself can be installed in either \Addons or into any -mod folder's AddOns subdirectory.

The beta update 2 version of Afghanistan Island can now be downloaded from this FAQ download mirror. It's a ZIP file, about 50MB.

fragsta

« Reply #384 on: 27 Apr 2003, 12:09:22 »
Exactly how big is the whole thing gunna b? i have 56k!!!!!!!!!!!

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #385 on: 27 Apr 2003, 18:35:35 »
:-O Foot view? hmm....... that cutscene, does it use the BAS units?  I updated the cutscene and used only the default units and I remember using the foot view for the BAS units.  I hope the ofp.info included the updated cutscenes.

Ok, I'll make a new readme then.  I'll upload it tommorrow when I come home from school since it's just to late right now.  I'll upload the updated cutscene that was suppose to be included in the upgrade pack.  It's attached in the buttom.

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #386 on: 27 Apr 2003, 19:04:26 »
Hey CAT,

The island is a wonder onto itself, but the new urban city just added....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Simply amazing!! the attention to detail is incredible. Things look so carefully placed like walking into the actual city itself. Has to be the best looking I've ever seen. Lots and lots of potential my friend.

Is there any hope of there being any kind of supplement that would include a more complete Camp Rhino instead of 2 objects? And is there any hope of putting in an airfield....not for realism mind you just to use something for airstrikes for us scripting noobs...

Again your dedication really payed off on this one  BRAVO !!

Morpheous

« Reply #387 on: 27 Apr 2003, 19:06:42 »
hi friend :-)

It is here link for GREAT CAT_sh*t_ONE_MMs island : ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/catintroupdt1.rar (ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/catintroupdt1.rar). It works normally. I think that the link on great Russian site http://www.flashpoint.ru/ is from our site. Try the link above :-)

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

Damn none of ofp.info's downloads work?
I use DAP and it keeps aborting? :P

ofp.info

:)

dealer

« Reply #388 on: 27 Apr 2003, 19:23:30 »
Yupi!I finally managed to download your island..Big thanks goes to theavonlady and I updated it...The city is amazing..Big with narrow streets..
Everything I ever wanted..I can`t wait to play it in Mulriplayer....Till now I noticed that few buildings when you look at them from distance have white textures..Oh and the intro doesn`t work for me...It gives me missing catwpsttdessoldiere.pbo...Can you help me please?

The Avon Lady

« Reply #389 on: 27 Apr 2003, 21:55:52 »
:-O Foot view? hmm....... that cutscene, does it use the BAS units?  I updated the cutscene and used only the default units and I remember using the foot view for the BAS units.  I hope the ofp.info included the updated cutscenes.

Ok, I'll make a new readme then.  I'll upload it tommorrow when I come home from school since it's just to late right now.  I'll upload the updated cutscene that was suppose to be included in the upgrade pack.  It's attached in the buttom.
The anim you posted here is not the same one as in OFP Info's Update 2 file, which I downloaded today. The update 2 file at OFP Info is one that requires the BAS and UCE addons.

You better check if there's anything else wrong with the Update 2 file. ???