Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...  (Read 57643 times)

PunkerSXDX

Re:Afghan map, coming to completion with many new models...
« Reply #315 on: 16 Apr 2003, 02:02:28 »
I havn't had the pleasure of D/Ling your island yet cat, (I will once you're somewhat more satisfied with it your self  ;) ) But One thing that really bugs me about User made Islands is when you finish with a Mission (in the Editor or SP) the Main menu Screen has you continueing to play  the mission, behind the Menu so when you click an option my gun shoots, I know you're supposed to beable to fix this with cirtaian file in the Addons folder, (most Islands have one but it doesn't work  :P) will your island have such a file when completed? I think it would be really cool if it did

(the only user made Islands with a good file that I have are STT Desert Malden, and KEG Winter Kolgujev)

NE wayz still looking forward to the finished product cause I can't D/L a 30MB Beta  ;)

PFC_Mike

« Reply #316 on: 16 Apr 2003, 02:46:02 »
what are the mosque coordinates on the map? I *still* cannot find it after hours of searching.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #317 on: 16 Apr 2003, 07:05:03 »
EF39 Mike.  It should say CAT mosque when you move the cursur on top of the building.

Avon Lady-Thanks for the bug report.  I deleted that object  ;)  By the way off topic but our school always buy stuffs from Avon Lady for fund raising  ;D

Gerald-yeah our forum is currently down... I heard the server is upgrading something.  Our temporary forum is over at raptors site  http://forums.galwar.co.uk/ under nomad mod foru.  But you gotta register first (I think.)

Norsu-hmm Maybe.  But I like putting stuffs in one single file :D but I'll still try to work with that Idea.  Maybe in the next upgrade.  In the upgrade, I also include some fixed stuffs like my mosque, I've updated it so now you won't encounter any invisible walls ;)

I'm making more textures for my terrain right now.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #318 on: 16 Apr 2003, 07:40:41 »
By the ways, I don't know how many of you notice it but if you go to "trigger"-->"edit"--> and under the sound section, look under the enviornment sound section for "catbombhillsound" or something that starts with cat.  It'll give a environment sound of a war zone (mortars exploding far away and stuffs.) ;D

The Avon Lady

« Reply #319 on: 16 Apr 2003, 07:41:41 »
By the way off topic but our school always buy stuffs from Avon Lady for fund raising  ;D
An entire school?! :o

/avon plans overseas summer vacation

Please tell me you don't live in a Little House on the Prairie! :'(

Maybe I should add an affiliate link to a pyrotechnics supplier! ;D

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #320 on: 16 Apr 2003, 08:35:41 »
Yup.  The entire schooll.......... well our school is small.  Only 130 students in all.  But I gotta raise $1000 till the end of April!! I'm desparate,,, so I'm trying to get people to buy stuffs from it :D

LMAO and our school is very very small.  To some, it might just look like a small house complex.  SO did you find that environment sound for my island?  I like playing covert mission with that environment sound going on.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #321 on: 16 Apr 2003, 08:48:38 »
SO did you find that environment sound for my island?  I like playing covert mission with that environment sound going on.
Why don't you give us a great demo mission to demonstrate this?

There's another mission out for you Island, by BAS team member Nagual. Look here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=29172;st=60

PFC_Mike

« Reply #322 on: 16 Apr 2003, 15:38:25 »
do check out the new temporary forums, they're small but registering takes 30 seconds and no need to check email

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #323 on: 17 Apr 2003, 00:50:09 »
what about the Menu screen thing  ???

I feel forgotten  :'(

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #324 on: 17 Apr 2003, 08:27:09 »
LOL sorry punker-you're talking about the cutscene right? Yup I've already made that.  I've also updated my map in many parts of the island to.  Unfortunately, Cervo, who apparently uploads files to the ofp.info site is currently on vacation so he can't upload any upgrade packs but he told me that he'll be back by sunday or monday.  When he comes back, he'll upload the upgrade pack which will include a cutscene (temporary) and an update of my map which includes many new terrain details (with new textures, new buildings, new bridge, new every thing.... ;))

So stay put.  I hope he'll come back as soon as possible, because I gotta talk to him to. ::)
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2003, 15:01:14 by CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM »

Maurekk

« Reply #325 on: 17 Apr 2003, 11:54:10 »
He CAT, this is the best island I have ever seen, but do u will make names for the towns in the edtior? cause searching for them is not funny on this big island!!! and will there be some streets?

coud u "fix" this things in the upcoming demos?

sorry for my english

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #326 on: 17 Apr 2003, 14:56:25 »
Yeah I'll be adding town names  "BUT" there are no real town names becaz the part of Afghanistan that I'm making is comprised of very small, superb, house complex.  But I'm still thinking of adding Mazar-e-Sharif even though the real one won't fit in the island.

The picture attached is an example of a small, superb house complex that I'm talking about.  I had to reduce the resolution do to the file size limit so it might be hard for you to see some more realistic rugged mountanous textures that'll be included in the next upgrade pack ;D I personally like the textures and it's a success.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #327 on: 18 Apr 2003, 03:50:00 »
You got that new sky pack didn't cha  ;) that looks amazing, I'll DL the Afghan Map as soon as the guy gets back  ;D

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #328 on: 18 Apr 2003, 07:46:35 »
just a copy of my updated readme.  Also has the fixed bugs.

More improvements will be done in future (Every hour or so LOL.)
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

updated April17,2003
-----------------------
Cut Scene added.  move the 'CATIntro_anims' folder to the same folder catintro.pbo is located at.
-required addon for cutscene
 {
    BAS DELTA;
   BAS MH-6;
   UCE Middle Eastern Resistance;
   CATINTRO;
 };
};
So how frequently should I DL updates?
-maybe once every week or once every 2,3 days.
----------------------------------------------------------------
How to DL future updates of my island?

-In the future, I will not upload all these massive files but instead only upload some new models, textures, and .wrp files so people could decode the .pbo and just add those additional or updated files into the folder and re-pack the folder into .pbo format.  By doing this, it'll save hell of time for everybody and for me :-D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
How to install?
-You will need the stuffpbo program or other program that could convert folders, files into .pbo format.
-step one.  Create a new folder name "CATINTRO"
-step two. Open all the .rar files and move all the files inside to the "CATINTRO" folder.
-step three.  Stuffpbo or convert the catintro folder into .pbo format.  Besure to name the filename catintro.pbo
-step four.  Move the catintro.pbo file to the default Addon folder and not the resistance addon folder.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixed bugs
4/04/03
--------
-catintro.wrp-terrain improvements
-catafghancaveo21.p3d
-catafghancliffgreyvlarge2_8.p3d
-CICOTBR5.paa
-CICOTBR4.paa
-CICOTBR3.paa
-CICOTBR2.paa
-CICOTBR1.paa

4/05/03
-----------
4/06/03
-----------
4/07/03
-----------
4/08/03
-cleo1~13.paa
-----------
4/09/03
-catafghancliffobject2_8.paa-fixed getting locked up in object when going near it.
-catintro.wrp
-----------
4/10/03
-catafghancliffobject2_8.paa-bug fixed where getting locked up when getting near to the rock.
-catintro.wrp
-CICOTBR6.paa
-------------
4/11/03
-CLeoDB1,2,3,4.paa
-CLEODBB1~13.paa
-catintro.p3d
--------------
4/13/03
-CleoB1-13
-catintro.wrp
--------------
4/14/03
-cattreedwn-fallen tree at
-wd2.paa
-catintro.wrp
-config.cpp
by the ways, 40% credit goes to Leone from the Gulf War Crisis Mod for his significant contribution to our team by providing us with this beautiful base textures for my island :D
-catbrdg.p3d-temporary textures for now.
---------------
4/15/03
-catmiddleeasternminaret-fixed the invisible wall for the mosque
-catmiddleeasternmosque-fixed the invisible wall for the minaret
-catafghanbuildingo211-fixed the soldier running right through the wall (the house with blown off roof.)
-catintro.wrp
-config.cpp-took away the catintro2 because it wasn't suppose to be added to the demo.
----------------
4/17/03
-catmiddleeasternminaret-fixed players were able to go right through the building "cat minaret"
-catmiddleeasternmosque-fixed "" "catmosque"
-config.cpp-changed the ingame map name from "catintro" to "cat southern Afghanistan"
-catafghanbuildingo21.p3d-fixed texture missing problem "cat destroyed afghan building 1"
-catafghanbuildingo22.p3d-fixed texture missing problem and unstability when proning on roof "cat destroyed afghan building 2"
-catintro.wrp-updated.
--CICOTBR6.paa-some white textures in the map.
--------------------
4/18/03
-crrt1~14.paa
-catintro.wrp
-config.cpp-fixed too loud back ground bombing sound for the enviornment.
-CAB4LB,LF,LS1,LS2,LT.paa-fixed obvious color change when lod switch of catafghanbuilding 4
-CAB11LB,LF,LS1,LS2,LT.paa-fixed obvious color change when lod switch of catafghanbuilding long no roof
-CAB12LB,LF,LS1,LS2,LT.paa-fixed obvious color change when lod switch of cat afghanbuilding 4 with no roof.
-CATIntro_anims-added cutscene-move to addon folder with the CATINTRO.pbo
-CATAfghanCliffgreyvLarge2_3.p3d-changed model
-CATAfghanCliffgreyvLarge2_6.p3d-changed model
---------------------
4/18v2/03
-CATMiddleEasternMinaret.p3d-fixed cannot enter the minaret.
-CAT Walls.p3d-new model
-catcaveo21.p3d-fixed the collapsing of the cave which created huge lags.
------------------------
4/19/03
-catintro.wrp-edited many elevations in the southern center of the map.
-config.cpp-added few lines to fix the destruction of caves and rocks.
-catafghancliffvlarge2_3.p3d-fixed didn't show up in the mission editor.
-catafghancliffvlarge2_6.p3d-fixed it appeared as not a forest but a black box in map.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
known bugs
-missing cave textures of caves (will be fixed by 4/20/03)
-many unblended textures in the terrain (will be fixed through out the upgrade.)
-Bridges positioned in different elevations, basically mispositioned (I need help in bridge positioning obviously.)
-invisible walls ontop of cave.... which stops bullets and won't allow AI to see through it.
---------------------------------------------
I give credits to Leone and A.W.O.L for their textures and model ;-)
I also give credit to all my MOD members who are supporting me from every angle.
Current Mod member in NOMAD team
-PathFinder
-Robo 01
-Ace
-Robbo (group leader)
-Raptor
-CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM (me)
-P-Machine (I don't know if he's still active.)
-Gerald Duvale
-PFC_MIKE
-Others (I don't know them yet.)
---------------------------------------------
We're still looking for more Modellers and texture makers (also if you want to take over the wrp editing we'll look for wrp editors to (possibly for the second Afghan map which will represent the middle Afghanistan.)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #329 on: 18 Apr 2003, 09:33:42 »
I finally downloaded this yesterday, I downloaded it in work and brought it home on 27 floppies ::) and it was worth it  8)
Cat, this has got to be the best island I've ever seen! The many, many hours of work you've put into it really show, great stuff!  :thumbsup: :cheers: