Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [COOP] SteelDart  (Read 3426 times)

Offline BuhBye

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
(Review Completed) [COOP] SteelDart
« on: 02 Oct 2007, 02:35:00 »
I was board and tossed together a junker mission for something new.

Mission Layout...

10 player MP Coop
No Re-spawn (Too small)
On Sahrani
ArmA Ver 1.08
Mission ver 1.1
No addons
Mission Size 24.8KB

Playable Slots
          1 Sniper/Spotter team (2)
          1 SF Recon team (Mines) (2)
          1 SF Recon team (Satchels) (2)
          1 AT team (4)
                                 Total of 10

Mission is simple... Ambush (4) T-72s and (3) BMP-2s.

Though it is MP, it can not be completed without at least 1 AT slot (If they dont die) Other units are support or just to make the job easier and add some room for others.

There is a briefing/ No overview.

I have tested it and have found no issues, So let me know what you think. But again its just a junker LOL.

This is my first submittle so sorry if I missed something.

edit: Changed island name to avoid confusion - Denz

edit: Thanx, I also updated a couple of other things.

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2011, 03:23:48 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: Convoy Ambush
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2007, 11:53:17 »
I'll give this a try when I get someone to play it with me... ;)
By the way, the island is called 'Sahrani'. You should fix that on your post as there is a custom made island called 'Saharani' and it might make people confused.
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2007, 11:54:49 by Rellikki »

Offline BuhBye

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2007, 08:20:35 »
WOW not real popular Huh? I said it was a junker not a piece of junk. Yes its short but its not easy.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2007, 09:25:11 »
Can it be played solo?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline BuhBye

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2007, 18:05:35 »
Sure, If you are going to play it solo you should turn off AI and take an AT slot. I had a pretty good time playing it solo.

Give it a shot and see what you think. I dont have much time into it so I wouldn't mind adding something if you think it would make it better. I thought about adding some infantry so you would have to deal with them, but I would like to keep it fairly simple. Sometimes you just want a break from the 4 hr missions and you just want to kill something and be done, ya know?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2007, 19:39:29 »
Steel Dart - played it in SP, left AI on to be able to teamswitch (needed the additional AT rockets).

Package
No readme nor promotional picture. Please add them ;).

A mere suggestion: why not change the title of this forum topic to 'Steel Dart' the name of this mission?

Briefing
Please split the text into a few paragraphs, they make it a lot easier to read the text. The map contains a lot of small yellow and red arrow markers causing the map to be overly crowded. Please remove at least some of them, or delete them entirely.

Good set up of the teams, but consider using callsigns for them. SniperTeam could be named Hawk for example, this reduces the amount of text on the map, making it easier to read it. Assign callsigns in the plan section.

Don't think that there is a weapon selection. Connsider adding one.

Mission
At what time does the convoy arrive? Please give me an estimation, so that I can plan my actions properly (set up a defensive line etc. especially important in MP). I don't like the initial ambush position, the mountain is too steep for me to be able to hide myself properly - and I will have to do so in order to reload safely. Like the hint saying "convoy 100 m away".

The AI is practically useless, but serve as walking ammo carriers enabling me to strike at the tanks. I manage to get killed three times, using the last AT soldier to get rid of all the tanks. Pretty difficult at the range I engaged them (them making the left hand turn) - nevertheless I can destroy all of the tanks with only one retry.

Debriefing
Score of 0 and no debriefing text. I suggest adding one to the briefing.html.

Overall
Enjoyable mission for a quick few minutes of fun. Could use some polishing.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline BuhBye

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [MP] SteelDart [Beta Test]
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2007, 20:39:05 »
I thought you needed the read me and Pic for the submission of the map, not the testing. So I didnt add them.

There is 2 ammo creates with 8 each AT rockets for SP play. They are located where the AT team begins.

Changed topic name.

I have been trying to figure out how to break up a brief into paragraphs for years. Ill goto the editing section and ask.

Good idea on the callsigns. Will add.

Weapon selection... There is not one. If I add one that will change the intended layout. IE a sniper could get AT as well as all 10 slodiers could get AT which would remove any chalenge at all. Do you really think I should add one?

I can add a time estimate.

Cover on hill... I used the rocks up there very well for cover. I think its a far better pos than out in the field or a tree.

I will add a de-brief.

Thanx!

Offline BuhBye

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [COOP] SteelDart [Beta Test]
« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2007, 00:31:12 »
SteelDart ver 1.1

Updated markers

Updated briefing and added de-briefing

Added readme and mission screenshot.

Added time announcement on covoy arrival in mission.

Note: I am having an issue with de-briefing #3 (All west dead) The text isnt showing up in the de-brief screen. Let me know if it works for you please.

Download is updated above.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [COOP] SteelDart [Beta Test] Update 1
« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2007, 20:54:06 »
 Rellikki
drop me a line  id  like to play this with team mates  not  bots

edit:
Should be handled via pm not the forum Gents.. tsk. tsk *wags finger* -Denz
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2007, 10:15:57 by Denz »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: (Review Completed) [COOP] SteelDart
« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2008, 22:33:41 »
Review completed.

Feel free to share your opinion with us in the after-review discussion.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:30:36 by Cheetah »