Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (SOLVED) How would one make an AV8 (GBU) drop it's payload?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Hi,

I'm currently making a mission where two AV8s pass over a SLA town and are supposed to drop their bombs onto the town. However, I don't know how to make them do that... :whistle:

Would someone be so kind as to post a way to manually make AV8s (without the guide of a laser designator) drop their payload? (I.E. via a trigger)

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2007, 16:15:12 by Zipper5 »

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: How would one make an AV8 (GBU) drop it's payload?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:00:44 »
See shark attack's simple airstrike script in the beta testing board here. From that you would find:
Code: [Select]
myAV8 fire "BombLauncher";
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2007, 16:04:01 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:04:53 »
Hm, I did a search before I posted this and nothing like that came up.

Thanks anyways. :)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:11:09 »
If you check my post, you'll see I edited out the search comment part. I tried it too and had problems!  :shhh:
urp!

Offline paddy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama whipping good
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:46:49 »
Weeell, you may use this piece of code
Code: [Select]
myAV8 fire "BombLauncher";but all this does is force the AV8 to release a bomb, its not that great for any kind of targeting!!!
You could play about with the flightpath of the planes (remember to set their behaviour to careless so they dont respont to threats) but that could take time to get the bombs on target.
There were a load of good airstrike scripts for OFP that OFPEC had hosted back in the day, I found this one in the OFPEC Editors Depot.  Basically it directs a plane (you have to give it some init code and the plane has to exist already in the mission editor) to fly over a target and then simulates a bomb drop with some shells.  It's more mission orientated, i.e. it adds an entry to the action menu of a selected unit and I think would probably use a mapclick command to direct the strike but you could fairly easily modify it for a cutscene.

If you need help modifying the script for ARMA, understanding a bit more about how to implement it or are just stumped post back and i'll try and help!!!  I'm sure Mr.Peanut will help as well :D and correct my mistakes.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2007, 21:13:33 »
Do you need the harrier firing guided bombs by its own against real targets that should be effectively destroyed, or it is just for eyecandy? If the former, you may do it easily with Mando Missile ArmA. Check there mando_airwar21.Sara where an enemy AI harrier will aproach your airfield and will start demolishing it with its bombs from safe range.

which are the targets to destroy in that town, if any?

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2007, 21:36:18 »
Thanks for your help guys.

The target was the defenses in the northern end of the town. With the two AV8s dropping all of both of their payloads onto the target, it obliterates them quite nicely.

Guess I can say my question's been answered. Thanks again. :)

Offline paddy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama whipping good
« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2007, 23:02:43 »
Remember to host your mission on OFPEC so we can all enjoy your genious!!  :P

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2007, 16:13:36 »
Remember to host your mission on OFPEC so we can all enjoy your genious!!  :P

Heh, will do (of course)! :D

Here's a little screenshot from the beginning:

Topic solved. :)