Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music Licensing/restrictions  (Read 3497 times)

The Negotiator

Re:Music Licensing/restrictions
« Reply #30 on: 31 Aug 2005, 11:11:16 »
Ok as a mission maker.. i use ANY music i want and i also use as much as it as i need..

i dont give a rats ass about legal terms.. who gona know..  you see plenty other people using music in other games  :)

Offline C0LDSt33L

• Members
  • Member of the SotM Team
« Reply #31 on: 31 Aug 2005, 14:18:39 »
:o That was blunt but I'm not going to argue. However, I'm not sure how keen OFPEC would be on hosting your mission if it had like an entire album in that pbo ;).

Bluelikeu

« Reply #32 on: 01 Sep 2005, 17:18:28 »
just as several other said, companies would not freak out when they see that you have their music in a mission. Nor would they even find out if it did, but the point is that they would rather not spend 100 thousand dollars on a law-suit just to get their song out of your mission, it is simply not logical for the company to do this, they would lose more money than they would gain. Legally it is wrong to do that, morally, I see that music is extremely expensive nowadays, 30-40 dollars a cd is just criminal. If I buy one album, I don't have enough money to buy another for at least a month. For that price i say that we should be allowed to use it in the manner that some of us do.

[Edit]
But I would say that the duplication of songs should not happen in these forums, or in any other part of this site.
I'm not willing to take that chance that OFPEC runs into any problems, it would be devastating :'(
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2005, 17:21:33 by Bluelikeu »

bored_onion

« Reply #33 on: 01 Sep 2005, 17:36:04 »
kind of a schizophrenic post there, Bluelikeu  ::)  :)

somebody please solve or lock this thread - i think OFPEC's position has been made clear by the staff
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2005, 17:37:02 by bored_onion »

Bluelikeu

« Reply #34 on: 01 Sep 2005, 17:44:31 »
"kind of a schizophrenic post there, Bluelikeu "

there is a little schizophrenia in all of us ???

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #35 on: 01 Sep 2005, 18:49:07 »
Yes I've been watching this thread waiting for the right moment to lock it.   I think this is probably it.

#Locked
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2005, 18:50:00 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play