Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unit hasweapon "weaponname"  (Read 898 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Unit hasweapon "weaponname"
« on: 01 Apr 2005, 17:04:36 »
Quick question... Hopefully

I'm making a death match MP mission where I want one side to be cops and one side (with only one player in a group called killers) to be an Assassin.
All non-player units in group killers are deleted at the beginning of the mission. Meaning the only remaining (player) unit will be leader killers. If more players choose to be in group killers the mission ends.

A repeatedly checking trigger sences if the Assassin is armed:

condition : leader killers hasweapon "revolver" OR killer hasweapon "ingram"

on activation : leader killers addrating -10000

on deactivation : leader killers addrating 10000

I chose the rating variation as the solution because I didn't want to use setcaptive, since that gives the cop player a warning if he spots him, even if the leader killers is setcaptive. The idea is that any unit should be a potential Assassin and should not be suspected until he is armed.

My question is if this trigger will work well in MP or if there is a risk of the rating number to be different on each computer ? Meaning that the rating for leader killers might be -10000 even though he is currently unarmed ?

If so will it be enough to include the "AND local server" in the condition field of the trigger (does the server then transmit the correct rating to all computers) ? (I have a gamelogic named server on the map).

If not will I have to use the to my experience not so reliable PublicVariable solution ? with a trigger working only on the server  transmitting a variable to the clients which activates a trigger setting the rating ?

Finally I should say that all works perfectly in the editor.

Thank you anyone who can give an answer
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:Unit hasweapon "weaponname"
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2005, 17:54:44 »
Don't know if "rating" can be different on server/clients in a MP game. My guess is that changes in rating will be recognized by all machines, though I've never used rating in any mission myself so it's merely a guess.

There was a new thread started yesterday with similar discussions. Check it out:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=22956

There is a short tutorial in there by General Barron who gives some good advice on MP-testing.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2005, 18:29:19 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!