Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UH60 land and wait until all players are out  (Read 1942 times)

MetalG

UH60 land and wait until all players are out
« on: 20 Mar 2005, 23:29:29 »
Does anyone know how I can make a UH60 land and wait in multiplayer (!) until all players are out of the helicopter? I tried the transport unload waypoint which works fine in single player but not in multiplayer, the chopper just hangs over the transport unload waypoint without landing, forcing everyone to eject.
I need the thing to completely land, unload the folks in the back and then fly away again.

MetalG

Re:UH60 land and wait until all players are out
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2005, 19:03:29 »
Is there any way to force the chopper to wait until all soldiers in cargo have disembarked before moving on to it's next waypoint? I'm pretty sure there is as I've seen it in MP missions however I don't know how to do this myself.

MetalG

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2005, 21:03:22 »
Is there noone who can give some info on this or maybe direct me to a tutorial? I tried searching for this kind of problem but I am unable to find additional information.

Am I doing something wrong so I don't get any replies or is this problem simply not solvable?

Offline nigel

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2005, 00:09:47 »
I'm a llama, but I'll reply anyways.

I'm having no problems with the transport unload waypoint in one of my maps.  I have 2 groups.  1 is the choper with a transport unload waypoint, and the 2nd is the group in the chopper using an unload waypoint.  Works for me.  If I may suggest 3 things (although you probably already know this) 1) Dont use the maximum speed thingy for the chopper... I find they tend to crash.  2) Set the behaviour of the chopper to safe, and 3) disable the chopper's AI auto targeting.   This way they'll zip in, drop em off, then zip out.

Cheers.
(Hope this helps)

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2005, 01:21:03 »
its a well known bug that occurs when ai's and players are in the same chopper at the same time.

If you check the scripts section, i believe there is something in their that will serve your purpose.

alternatively, have you ai pilot set to a getout and then a getin waypoint
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

MetalG

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2005, 21:55:50 »
Thanks for your replies guys.

Nigel, I don't have any trouble with the transport unload WP either in singleplayer, however when I try this online the chopper just hovers over the WP, forcing everyone to use the eject function instead.
Disabling the AI's auto targeting is a good tip, didn't think of that one.

Terox, there is no AI in the helicopter with the exception of the pilot and the gunner (or do these also cause this bug to appear?). I tried this online with one other human player, the helicopter just hovers over the WP. Also I've been looking for a script to handle this problem but I can't seem to find any that solve this one.

Offline nigel

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2005, 22:05:00 »
Bah, can't believe I didn't think of posting this.

Put an invisible H on the unload waypoint so the chopper can land.... Maybe even on the waypoint's activation thingy, put a line like "uh60 land "get out"

invisible H's help an AI chopper to land.

MetalG

« Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2005, 13:44:21 »
Yep I got the invisible H, however I don't want the pilot and gunner to actually get out of the helicopter.
The helicopter should wait until all players are out, and then proceed to it's next waypoint. If I understand this correctly, using uh60 land "get out" the uh60 will land and the pilot & gunner will disembark from the chopper as well?

Offline nigel

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2005, 15:14:26 »
nah, the uh60 land "get out" tells the chopper to hover low enough to let people get out.   I think it's about 3m or so.

If this stuff doesnt work, I think you may need to write a script.   Have the waypoint execute it.  I'd use a @ 'distance' for the chopper/invisible H.  then commandstop uh60, uh60 flyinheight 0  (since it wont land, gotta force it to), then a condition to end the script when all the units are out.  dont forget to also set the flyinheight back up it's original height.

Chris330

« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2005, 10:15:36 »
Yep it's a pain. You'll probably find that the helicopter will turn its engines off when it lands too. Even if you don't want it to  :(

MetalG

« Reply #10 on: 30 Mar 2005, 11:48:09 »
Yep it is a pain indeed  8)

I appreciate all the help. I made a new setup: created a 'move' WP right before the 'transport unload' WP, and the init field of that move WP I set the flyinheight to -1. So logically that would mean the helicopter will still not exactly land but it will be close enough to the ground for everyone to disembark safely and make it all look 'normal'. Afther the transport unload WP I inserted another move WP with in the init field flyinheight 50.

I just need to test this online to see if it actually works.

MetalG

« Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2005, 15:19:43 »
Ok tested the method I described in my last reply, and it seems to work in multiplayer for helicopters carrying and dropping off only players.