Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 3WX/MIA Projects and status...  (Read 2848 times)

MadAussie

3WX/MIA Projects and status...
« on: 25 Apr 2004, 05:12:20 »
Gday all...
A quick post to outline a few things...

At present MIA_DesertTeaser isle is almost ready for public release.

We've recently added many things which are outlined at our forums: http://hooahman.massinfluence.net/cgi-bin/boards/ikonboard.cgi
 or 3WX forums : http://3wx.concept404.com/

Now for important issues:
3WX is currently doing a few projects... one of which is a pbo reshuffle of many small miscellaneous items that are/were either not WRPedit friendly or needed small edits.
Also MIA_DesertTeaser needed alot of small files (eg zwadars soccerfield, Martins radiotower etc) so compiling into one pbo was easier for public D/L.

At present the Pack is complete (minus readme) and ready for release but we are lacking permissions...
Either misdirected emails.. or dissappeared from OFP (Axe watertower author)
Anyway...
Ive made this post with the hope that i can get the permission here (incase of wrong emails etc)
We are trying hard to get all the permissions as we dont want to release without them.

We need permissions from ITA (colorchanger from g8mod) for his aircraft shelters.
Martin for his radiotower and some textures we've used
AWOL for his bridges (had permissions prev. but would like re-confirmation)

Thanks got Zwadar, Veit (KKB) and Mig for permissions for their stuff.

Also big thanks to Agent Smith and Leone (3wx and OPGWC respectively) for all their hardwork on preparing this pack, which is ready to go!!

The sooner we get permissions... the sooner MIA_DT is released publicly (and the new object pack)

MadAussie out...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:3WX/MIA Projects and status...
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2004, 14:15:53 »
You can contact Martins at his website here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~martins.addons/games.html

There is an email address on his page.

It must be valid because I was able to contact him there a few weeks ago.

You may need to copy paste that link......it didn't come out correctly in here.

Planck
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2004, 14:17:30 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

MadAussie

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2004, 16:21:28 »
Gday all...

Thanks for advice before Planck.. muchly appreciated as usual.

Now we have martins permissions... and at my last communication with Agent Smith (Who is working on project) was advised release of F3wx_O1.pbo isnt far away... In final beta testing  etc now    ;D

I am now currently hoping someone from FDF mod will notice this post as their permissions are the last we need.. (although objects can be added to future packs)
I have sent emails and am hoping FDF personell will notice this within 2 weeks  :-\

Also if anyone can help with textures from Arabic/MiddleEastern Phonebooths.. we are basically needing the text for Phonebooth. (in Arabic)

Anyway.. I am having much fun with the BETA and am sure many other WRP guys will too...

Many thanks to people who have donated stuff.. fully recognised in the readme by Agent Smith.
Zwadar.. Mig.. Veit (KKB)... Martin.. Leone (OPGWC).. Colorchanger (G8mod)..and BAS

And please if you can help further or would like to donate something please email me or Agent Smith..
(PB Our forums have changed URL http://ofpcentral.com/mia/index.php but 3wx houses official thread for this subject)

MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2004, 16:22:14 »
Gday guys..

A few quick things...

All permissions have been sent and answers recieved.
Thanks to all those who gave permissions (and shame on those that didnt  ??? )
Agent Smith is releasing the 3wx 3rd party object pack very soon now!

This pack is great.. I expect all wrpeditors will like it..
It is even prepared for WRPedit (ODOL format)

Now more news...

MIA are re-releasing the catintro.pbo this week. (many thanks to NOMAD and Catshitone)
The isle itself hasnt changed or been edited much.. I will provide details of the bugs/suggestions thread at release and will update according to public opinion.
The pbo has been downsized considerably.. now a very neat 17meg.
Alot of objects have been updated and new objects added.

To celebrate this MIA or MadMan Industries and Associates are also releasing our bonus isle or the MIA_CatintroUp.pbo
This is our extreme update of original isle.. we have added a river and vaster/bushier deserts as well as other improvements. eg Asphalt roads and power poles.
This version is basically retextured like cats isle but we have a retextured version being worked on now by Rhysduk.
This isle will also have a bugs/suggestions thread i will give details of at release..

After the release of AGS Industrial update and 3wx pack we will also release our beta of MIA_DesertTeaser or soon to be called 'Iraz'
This is my personal favourite and as the above isle is far from finsihed but still very playable.
The only downside to this isle is the required 40 meg of addons.
Most people should already have them and if not all can and should be downloaded seperately.
Catintro    
AGS Industrial and Harbour
Mapfacts baracken, Airport, Sheds and heaps packs
3wx objects pack and finally a MIA_Xtex pack.. that contains Ebuds Palms (thanks ebud)

Finally.. why would i release unfinished isles??

a) Due to Real Life commitments i dont have the time to finish as soon as liked
b) I have been speaking of these isle for a while and wanted to give public a taste
c) I would like to get public opinion on all isles so that any changes can be made before isles develop fully.

Updates??
 Updates to Catintro will be few due to pack size.. we will try and update only when really needed
 Updates of MIA DesertTeaser and MIA_CatintroUp will only be small.. about 1 meg each

None of this would be possible without the behind the scenes work from Agent Smith, Leone and 3wx crew  (also all authors who donated objects)

Thanks    ;D

That covers it...
Ill make a post in beta thread as they are released...

MadAussie out...

BTW.. This time isles 'will' be released as expected... promise

MadAussie

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2004, 07:04:42 »
Gday all..

I am having probs with BIS forums and posting so i am posting some pics of upcoming beta isles here...

Hope you like em..
More to come soon

MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2004, 14:01:08 »

In screenies I am using HYK US units..  BAS units
Quakergamer's Hummers and Lee H Oswald's desert 5t trucks
Sometimes Rudedogs M2A2's or SIG's tanks. I would advise any desert lover to get these addons for coalition sides.

Progress shot of Highway overpass!

MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2004, 16:35:19 »
More shots of overpass...

Pics are Work in Progress...
As you can see the pictures need Arabic highway signs and cement barriers.
We also need help with Lge Marsh bush sections.. (single bush.p3d provided)
If anyone feels that they can contribute or help please contact MIA or 3WX.
(the pipelines pictured are from AGS Industrial update.. one to look out for!)

MadAussie out...

Homefry31464

« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2004, 16:11:48 »

More here.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2004, 16:12:52 by Homefry »

Offline revellion

• Contributing Member
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: 01 Jun 2004, 14:21:04 »
Nice work :D, i've waited to see a decent looking Desert Island that is'nt just Desert Like the BIS one :), and that town and the bridge and all combined with AGS stuff....... WONDERFUL  :o
Best Logistic Addons and Missions: www.TheChainOfCommand.com

Ironsight

« Reply #9 on: 02 Jun 2004, 16:34:43 »
That overpass reminds me on some of my old projects

MadAussie

« Reply #10 on: 03 Jun 2004, 14:07:32 »
Gday again...

Ive been busy with small edits to MIA_Iraz... and getting catintro objects updated for re-release... Sorry for delay.. re-release very soon   ;D

Ironsight... what ever happened to your old project?
(If you have spare time.. contact me as i have 3 isles that are or need to be worked on.. and any  help to lighten workload is appreciated)
RE Highway/Overpass..
There is some AI probs with soldiers jumping off bridge when engaged occasionally.. but clever sripting and waypoints can avoid most issues.
Vehicles travel well over the bridges/overpass's too... but main issue is AI probs with two close parrallel roads... (because of this only one area has/or will have  two laned
highways purely for atmosphere   ;D)
Ill post screenies soon and then hope to release some beta's soon.. catintro.pbo downsized to 17meg and re-released.. and then a MIA_beta isle pack with MIA_Iraz isle (50% done) and our beta update of catshitones afghanistan (MIA_CatIntroUp.pbo).  

MadAussie out...

« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2004, 14:09:48 by MadAussie »

Ironsight

« Reply #11 on: 03 Jun 2004, 15:19:59 »
Ironsight... what ever happened to your old project?
(If you have spare time.. contact me as i have 3 isles that are or need to be worked on.. and any  help to lighten workload is appreciated)

The old project landed on large pile with other old projects  ;D

I want to help but I don't have much time (helping Delta Hawk creating a Texas island wich takes a lot of time), but let me tell you that I am working on a new island (way better than those old projects  ;) ). It's a republic in the Gulf and will be cool to play desert missions on it  :D.

Hope it doesn't land on the pile with other projects  ;D
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2004, 15:33:26 by Ironsight »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2004, 12:48:46 »
Looks amazing :D
Might have mised if you said, but when's it comming out? ;)
- Ben

Homefry31464

« Reply #13 on: 13 Jul 2004, 05:09:50 »
There isn't a release date, all I can tell you is that the island is progressing nicely.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2004, 14:03:35 »
Gdgd :)
- Ben