Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Russian Static Machine Guns Anyone?  (Read 6823 times)

Drozdov

Russian Static Machine Guns Anyone?
« on: 15 Sep 2003, 20:00:33 »
Surely someone must have made a Russian machine gun addon. Really, it was lazy of BIS to only include the M2 machine gun, only adding one word (East) to discern between Russian and American versions. It shouldn't be hard to make a version of whatever the Russian equivelant of the M2 is.

m21man

Re:Russian Static Machine Guns Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2003, 21:47:59 »
Here's a really good KORD heavy machinegun here:
http://www.ofpvault.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=22&min=10&orderby=titleA&show=10

Look for KORD 1.2 ;D.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2003, 21:49:56 by m21man »

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2003, 05:22:41 »
I finally found the site I was looking for :D (Finally :P). It's ( http://www.boa.flashpoint.ru/ ). It's got a large amount of great addons, including the KORD 12.7 HMG, and a towed version of the ZU-23 (At night, the tracer patterns could almost be called beautiful 8) ). Check out the site though, it's got loads of great addons on it.

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2003, 07:18:43 »
In fact, if you want quality addons for your new campaign, I'd recommend downloading everything on the boa.ru site. The BTR-80s are great for resistance warfare, and they'd look really good as dinged-up militia vehicles in your new campaign.

Drozdov

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2003, 12:25:38 »
Ah, very nice. You're a one-man army! That's what I was looking for, I'll download them. I'll leave the post open though.

Drozdov

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2003, 14:01:13 »
Hmmmmm, the KORD isn't exactly what I was looking for, though it's still quite nice. How about a lighter machine gun? I downloaded some of their other addons... they were cool. The apc pack (with the BMDs and BMP 3 and BTRs) was great.

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2003, 16:27:37 »
what machine gun are you looking for...

Drozdov

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2003, 17:16:44 »
A light-medium machine gun, I suppose. Like the M2, but Russian. I don't know much about Russian machine guns so I don't know the specific name. The KORD's bullets are a bit big, it's a bit innacurate, and most importantly it's magazine fed. 50 bullet magazines go rather quickly.

Drozdov

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2003, 17:59:03 »
Ok I searched for info on Russian machine guns and I've found one that looks like it fits the bill. It's a PKMS. Anyone found an addon of this?

http://www.sovietarmy.com/small_arms/pks.html

bigdog632

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2003, 18:23:01 »
ive never looked for one but id be surprised if one wasnt out there

Drozdov

« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2003, 18:39:39 »
Okay, I've found a mounted PK machine gun. Doesn't look all that great, but I'll try it out.

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons/PKmg.zip

Drozdov

« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2003, 20:48:22 »
Okay, well, that sucked. The sight was all wrong. Anyone else had better luck?

m21man

« Reply #12 on: 17 Sep 2003, 20:54:08 »
Nope. I did download Inquisitor's high-res weapons (I've heard that they're murder on weaker graphics cards :o), and if he had included a mounted PK in that pack, it would have completed it very well. His mounted M-60 was amazing, it had great textures, sounds, and it even had kick ;D.

Drozdov

« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2003, 21:11:17 »
and if he had included a mounted PK in that pack, it would have completed it very well

Yeh, and if I could make an addon I wouldn't need to search the web for other peoples' stuff. And if I could fly I could go on holidays very cheaply.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2003, 22:50:56 »
get the new APC pack at www.ofp.info

its got some russain machine guns as well as a sweet new BTR80 with cargo places on the roof....