Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Russian Static Machine Guns Anyone?  (Read 6822 times)

bigdog632

Re:Russian Static Machine Guns Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2003, 23:47:40 »
i dont remember who made them but did you look through those bunker packs they have a few out some had static MGs, im not sure about a PK though

KyleSarnik

« Reply #16 on: 18 Sep 2003, 02:18:36 »
ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/DKM_APC_BETA09.rar

This not only has some really nice russain APCs but also a couple of static MGs that are really nice... They have animated parts and HD mags, plus the  models and sounds are very good.... Probably the best ones i've seen....

Drozdov

« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2003, 15:08:38 »
I've already downloaded the 0.8 version of that addon. I'm not downloading a 10mb file (on 56k) just for one machine gun. I already have the KORD. I also have two versions of the ZU23 you pictured. Why hasn't anyone made a PK?

KyleSarnik

« Reply #18 on: 18 Sep 2003, 20:43:14 »
The new one is worth it (and so is cable interent...) but over all its a really nice pack and better then the older one... And if your into JAM and use it in alot of your missions these are good because the sounds kinda sound like JAM sounds.....

Drozdov

« Reply #19 on: 18 Sep 2003, 21:12:36 »
Is it actually any different? The old one was really nice... brilliant sound effects, in particular for the BMD 3. Although I do wonder if these come from after Flashpoint's time period. And I wish I had Broadband. It's just the equipment we'll need (there's extra because we'd need two modems plus a router and networking stuff) costs well in excess of £200. Still trying to convince the purse string holders that its worth it. Gimme a PKMS! I actually downloaded Oxygen yesterday... don't have a clue how to use it though. The tutorial I downloaded didn't help. It looks complicated.

m21man

« Reply #20 on: 18 Sep 2003, 21:28:47 »
The APC pack really is excellent. It's got two types of HMGs, the KORD and NSV ( ??? ). I think that they're even lower to the ground than the old ones. Also, there's an APC with the ARENA system,which can jam some homing missiles :D.

As for the issue of cable, you're lucky compared to me. Due to my unique location (A couple miles into the woods ;D), just the act of digging the trench to the house and placing the cable tubes would cost the same amount as...let me see...buying 1667 copies of the GOTY edition at list price  :P :P :P.

Drozdov

« Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2003, 22:10:30 »
You live in the woods? Are you a bear?  :o

Is the 0.9 version really worth an hour's downloading when I already have the 0.8 version? Given that there's only one extra item? I don't have JAM, by the way. It's something to with weapons, and a big download, isn't it?

I want a PKMS!  :)

KyleSarnik

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2003, 22:15:48 »
Dont forget about the new BTR-80 with the ability to carry soldiers on the roof as cargo...

And there are also desert versions of all the APCs (except the BTR-80)

KyleSarnik

« Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2003, 22:19:09 »
lol just read your post Drozdov...

What you havnt heared about JAM????
http://www.ballistic-studios.com/jam.asp

It comes with the BAS Blackhawk pack along with the SOAR pilots....

Drozdov

« Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2003, 22:33:51 »
They don't look very comfortable up there. What if they go under a low bridge? Oh wait, there aren't any in Flashpoint. Still, I'm happy with my soldiers safe inside.

And I have heard of JAM, but I wasn't all that interested in it.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2003, 22:37:16 by Drozdov »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2003, 23:45:03 »
They can still sit inside... you just have to put some game logics in the roof cargo spaces. Its just so you can carry more soldeirs than before. You should look into JAM, its really usefull... I love the sounds and the air targeting and personel targeting RPGs (perfect for BHD) and that you can carry about 30 grenades in a vest...

m21man

« Reply #26 on: 19 Sep 2003, 01:20:52 »
Hey, I'm not a bear. Just because I live in the woods and subsist on a diet consisting primarily of meat and berries doesn't...Oops, you didn't read that ;D.

Even if you don't want the BAS MH-60s (Which are awesome addons, by the way ;) ), you should get the pack for JAM. After all, wouldn't the resistance groups in your campaign be primarily using unguided RPGs as opposed to more expensive and rare Strelas?

KyleSarnik

« Reply #27 on: 19 Sep 2003, 02:57:59 »
 ::)

m21man

« Reply #28 on: 19 Sep 2003, 04:44:54 »
Isn't that a pic of the BAS HMG?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #29 on: 19 Sep 2003, 12:03:21 »
yes it is