Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Invalid Crew"?  (Read 1092 times)

Alias B Incognito

"Invalid Crew"?
« on: 19 May 2003, 15:12:39 »
the game crashes and i get this message everytime i try to play some of my missions. They worked fine a while ago, since then i have deleted some addons but they aren't in those missions, not even as 'ghost' addons.

I couldn't see anything about 'Invalid Crew' anywhere else so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:"Invalid Crew"?
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 18:27:27 »
yup!  ::)

See, YOU  :o  use an addon (which is still installed) that uses drivers/gunners that derive from yet ANOTHER addon, most likely one of those that are now floating around, drifting like waste in cyperspace, sailing out on the deep blackened sea of neverend... ( ::) )

...it's gone, man!

Only hope is to DePbo all yer installed addons till ya find the one with the "invalid" crew!!!!!!
And THIS bug is why EVERY addon maker should always remember to add the following bit to their config.cpp files  :o :

RequiredAddons[]={"BIS_Resistance", "My_Crew", "Your_Crew", My_d*ck", Yer pudle", etc. };  ;D

See, this way the OFP engine will let a message pop up when loading the main menu, a message telling about what is needed (if it's missing).

Like this:

"TMB_Bollocks" required

...or alike  ::)

Alias B Incognito

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2003, 13:02:19 »
None of the addons currantly in my folder [or any that have been there in the last few months] use non BIS crew except the BAS choppers and they arent in those misions that dont work.

All my addons work fine on their own. I've never had any seperate crew pbos to go with any vehicles so no vehicle is misiong them.

an enigma if ever i saw one

unless i just didnt get what you said

Alias B Incognito

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2003, 19:37:12 »
Got it!
it was the Hokkaido mod demo screwing with my m2a2 pbo, jut deleted the JSDF files and all i fine.
Thanks anyway though, looks like the guys at Battle over Hokkaido forgot to put that line of code in that Tomb said.