Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pilot training school  (Read 3001 times)

Phantom

Pilot training school
« on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:37:30 »
I was mucking around in a chopper and I got the idea that someone should have created a pilot training school by now.
Since no-one has, I've taken it into my own hands to see one get made.
I'm not exactly sure how you would do it though. Maybe just release a bunch of missions aimed at training you in certain areas of flying. From Noivice to Advanced, plus tactics and tricks and all that jazz.
It'd be for choppers and planes.
Before I put anymore wrk into it, what does everyone else think?

Phantom

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Pilot training school
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:41:15 »
mybe flin low trainin cuz i saw a lot of good ofp pilots dat cant fly low  :-\

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:42:29 »
easy as mate, and so is stopping at full speed within a distance of 20-30m depending on what your flying

Hybrid

« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2002, 19:21:01 »
Sup, Ive been working on a Pilot Training Mission on and off for a while now. But i always get sidetracked or get bored. :'( Anyways i did have some good ideas. Like night flying and terrain hugging. Also i made it so that a chopper would appear about 20 to 30m right in front of the trainie. You could also have them fly through a group of AA's. Well if you need any help or want to work with someone PM me. Peace.  :gunman: :cheers: :booty: :wave:

CHEEKYBOY105

« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2002, 20:21:54 »
Why don't you make it bigger and go for a wider radius.Go for Tank,Infantry,Special Ops,Officer,Seal Why just go for one go for like a complete Military Training school with everything.

Hybrid

« Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2002, 22:21:15 »
CheekyBoy has a point. Why not just go for everything. As far as i know there are no training courses out for the public. It seems like a good idea.  :gunman: :thumbsup:

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2002, 14:30:21 »
It's an addition for the training campaigns in the SAS MOD. Since some of the missions will be as RAF and RAAF pilots instead of SAS for a change, but we will try to include schools for units, vehicles and anything else we think is worth doing.

Phantom

Btw, if anyone wants to help out, PM me, since i don't want the thread to get locked.

Offline Mitrokhin

• Members
    • T2003 MOD
« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2002, 20:36:00 »
come on guys I started helping him today and it was fun get in contact with phantom and see what he can do If he asks mention me!!
http://loc-doc.the-net.net/t2003
T2003 MOD WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Offline Intruder

• Members
  • I wanted to be a milkman...
    • OPFlashpoint.org
« Reply #8 on: 04 Sep 2002, 14:07:15 »
I made this chopper tactics mission ages ago: http://www.opflashpoint.org/maps.php?v=146

I'm working on the sequel to it ;)
PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2002, 20:05:35 »
here's an update guys.
we've done basic stuff for the Kiowa, Chinook, Black Hawk and Cobra, stuff like ways to land, cruise, take off.
We've worked out all the types of mission each chopper could be used for, we're currently working on low level flying, night flying, landing, taking off, and flying while under fire and flying in bad weather. Next we'll be working on flying in formation, flying tactics etc etc

We've also done a format to give in-game briefings, for anyone who needs to give out a mission during an MP game, and we're also working some lingo for it, which is just short, obvious words that save u haveing to type out stuff like, turn on the engine and follow me, instead you'd say REV, follow

Phantom
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2002, 20:18:13 by Phantom »

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2002, 10:43:35 »
so you kinda work on a training campaign?

Offline angusjm

• Contributing Member
    • Virtual SAS
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2002, 12:48:42 »
Good Idea!  You should try the player with different weapons and planes.  You should ut in some strafing, bombing and air to air combat.

Defender_01

« Reply #12 on: 21 Sep 2002, 12:52:42 »
Hey dude, I'm definitely interested in your Idea, Maybe have some CSAR missions for the more advanced aviators.  Where do I sign?

Phantom

« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2002, 18:11:18 »
another update guy's, so far it's all going great, though we're still working on choppers, but as far as i'm concerned, the work we need to do to get info on what needs doin for basic aviator training is complete, and if we can make it, we'll be creating a system that will give you a number or something unique, then you can e-mail us, then we'll send you a licence at whatever level the training you complete was, for instance, if you can get your a level licence, you've completed advanced training, b, intermiediate, c, basic, then you can show it to clan leader's or anyone else who would be interested in it as an example of what you can do, and so that those people can see if it's forged or not, they can e-mail us and see if that person has completed it, the lists won't be made public, that way, people don't know what they can and can't forge/copy?

I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this, guy's?

Phanotm
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2002, 18:12:39 by Phantom »

Bosniarat

« Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2002, 04:18:43 »
Sounds like a great Idea, I've been wanting a Training Mission to hone some skills. Are you going to implament a MPRC? In the US Army We have different Tables that We have to shoot in order to quailfy as Gunners, loaders, and Track Commanders. If Your wondering what a MPRC is, it is a Muti-purpose Range Complex that i have yet to find a map for.