Author Topic: a limo  (Read 5212 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:a limo
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2003, 11:22:36 »
well... lets play i have the 9mm and u have a baseball bat... wonder who wins?  ;D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

tankieboy

« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2003, 16:02:11 »
Me because you don't know how to shoot.

bigdog632

« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2003, 16:17:37 »
itd play heck on the poor defenseless tires
maybe even kill someone.....maybe

Mr_Shady

« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2003, 16:23:24 »
*applauds tankie*

tankieboy

« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2003, 16:34:58 »
*applauds tankie*

I wank you, funny much.

FatJoe

« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2003, 03:02:41 »
tankie..
Your right.. the MP5's are useless.. and their defenantly not used by most of the SWAT teams in the world or special operation teams.. I belive they use .22 bolt action rifles instead :P

"Well he aint going to do alot of damage with a 9mm H&K" seriously... why not?

Joe

tankieboy

« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2003, 03:13:33 »
Because 9mm is shit. How many ways do I have to say it.

FatJoe

« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2003, 13:25:40 »
9 mm aint shit.. it can kill you as much as a .50 round would.. I could be using the MP7's 4 mm rounds and still kill you.. life doesnt consist of Health Bars like in those arcade games, you know?

Joe

tankieboy

« Reply #23 on: 24 May 2003, 14:39:10 »
And what the f##k do you know fat boy.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2003, 16:23:07 »
I have to agree with tankie that 9mm isn't much cop unless you can smell their breath. SMGs and pistols are only really useful in CQB, since a wet greatcoat will stop a pistol-calibre round at any sort of range.

Also, the calibre of a round doesn't have anything to do with how deadly it is. It's how the round is shaped or how it's designed. 7.62mm NATO FMJ will go right through your kevlar vest, tumble around inside you and turn your insides to mince, then bust out the back of you and take a fist-sized chunk of meat out of you. That's due to the shape of the bullet, the fact that it's a relatively soft lead core covered in very hard jacket of anything from brass to titanium to aid with penetration, and prevent the round pancaking once it hits you in the plates (in your flak jacket).
Now, a 9mm JHP round, despite being a "larger" round, would only penetrate about an inch at most, before expanding inside you and causing massive damage and bloodloss... that is, if you weren't wearing anything thicker than a string vest. That's due to the fact that a 9x19mm parabellum round has less propellant and is designed to stay in the target, rather than bust out and hit someone behind them, which is exactly what the police don't want to happen. The military, however, would consider that to be quite a bonus, taking one bloke down and getting his mate too.

The reason so many organisations use the MP5 is because it is reliable, accurate and can empty a magazine in less time than it takes to spit a mouthful of marmite out. At CQB ranges, it's a nice weapon, since at 5m max you can ruin someone's day with a quick burst. If whoever you want to slot is wearing body armour, something like a Colt Commando (M4, CAR-15, whatever you want to call the damn thing) would be used instead.

And don't underestimate .22 rifles, by mate shot himself in the leg with his a few years ago, hit an artery and lost a fair bit of blood. Also, Israeli hit squads use .22 pistols for assasination work, since if you shoot someone in the back of the head with one, the round will go in but lack the power to bust out of the front, so it ricochets around the head and turns the brain to bolognese.

Right. Back on topic?  

Mav

« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2003, 18:34:31 »
as kooky said, the MP5 doesn't fire 850+rpm for no reason, the 9mm cartridge is small and light but when you empty 6/7 rounds into somebody it has more stopping power than a runaway train...

oh yes, limo, SUV

back on topic now :)

FatJoe

« Reply #26 on: 24 May 2003, 20:46:58 »
And what the f##k do you know fat boy.

OI! Bahve your self!.. the OFPEC forums is not the place for name calling or bad language!
and about how I would know.. well usualy.. if a pointy thing(and not even pointy) goes at more then a car's speed into your head you'd be, in most cases, pretty much dead..

Surely enough it might lack the punch to go through a bodyarmor but even a pen at a mans thrust can kill you if you put it through the head..

I belive you need to watch that temper of yours, tankie..

- and yes.. lets go back to topic now
« Last Edit: 24 May 2003, 20:47:24 by FatJoe »

tankieboy

« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2003, 14:00:12 »
I have to agree with tankie that 9mm isn't much cop unless you can smell their breath. SMGs and pistols are only really useful in CQB, since a wet greatcoat will stop a pistol-calibre round at any sort of range.

Also, the calibre of a round doesn't have anything to do with how deadly it is. It's how the round is shaped or how it's designed. 7.62mm NATO FMJ will go right through your kevlar vest, tumble around inside you and turn your insides to mince, then bust out the back of you and take a fist-sized chunk of meat out of you. That's due to the shape of the bullet, the fact that it's a relatively soft lead core covered in very hard jacket of anything from brass to titanium to aid with penetration, and prevent the round pancaking once it hits you in the plates (in your flak jacket).
Now, a 9mm JHP round, despite being a "larger" round, would only penetrate about an inch at most, before expanding inside you and causing massive damage and bloodloss... that is, if you weren't wearing anything thicker than a string vest. That's due to the fact that a 9x19mm parabellum round has less propellant and is designed to stay in the target, rather than bust out and hit someone behind them, which is exactly what the police don't want to happen. The military, however, would consider that to be quite a bonus, taking one bloke down and getting his mate too.

The reason so many organisations use the MP5 is because it is reliable, accurate and can empty a magazine in less time than it takes to spit a mouthful of marmite out. At CQB ranges, it's a nice weapon, since at 5m max you can ruin someone's day with a quick burst. If whoever you want to slot is wearing body armour, something like a Colt Commando (M4, CAR-15, whatever you want to call the d**n thing) would be used instead.

And don't underestimate .22 rifles, by mate shot himself in the leg with his a few years ago, hit an artery and lost a fair bit of blood. Also, Israeli hit squads use .22 pistols for assasination work, since if you shoot someone in the back of the head with one, the round will go in but lack the power to bust out of the front, so it ricochets around the head and turns the brain to bolognese.

Right. Back on topic?  

Education is a wonderful thing. Are you educated now Fat Boy?

FatJoe

« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2003, 15:05:34 »
I knew the rough idea of the bullet.. thing is you said that 9mm was shit.. period.. which means wether it to be FMJ or JHP it would still be shit..
And I'd like to add that I dont underestimate a type of bullet(ie .22), gun or a person.. which is probably why I dont underestimate the power of a 9mm bullet either.

Also, If you want to keep acting childish on me then do so in an IM.. no need to close a perfectly normal forum post becaus of your childish behavior and your inability to let go of things.

Now back to topic or I belive this topic will be locked as we've strayed far off it..
again Tankieboy.. if you want to continue your childish behavior.. IM me.

Cheers
Joe

tankieboy

« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2003, 15:55:51 »
Am I being a child? Subject droped then.

Prick