Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wow what a chopper!  (Read 1766 times)

RT

Wow what a chopper!
« on: 02 Sep 2002, 17:15:43 »
I was just looking around and came across a chopper called the AH-56a, from what I can tell it was only a prototype but damn its cool!
It has small wings and looks to me as it a harrier but a chopper instead with wings, heres the link to the site but if this could be made wow what fun could you have.
I'm gonna try my hand at 3D modeling but I'm not ready yet, any input on this wicked chopper would be nice. :)

http://www.digigraph.com/fotodude/cheyenne/ah561.html
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2002, 18:32:07 by RT »

Mr_Shady

Re:Wow what a chopper!
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2002, 00:09:59 »
I watched a documentary called "Project Cancelled" on the History Channel once about the Cheyenne... that would have been an excellent piece of hardware! But it's really unrealistic to make a heli that never actually reached production, so I can't see it happening personally.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2002, 01:42:10 »
I think it's okay as long as it's not Ray Guns or Flying Saucers, But That would be Cool! Good Luck with The Model! :)

RT

« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2002, 03:18:27 »
Well I thought that the idea of having a prototype chopper in ofp would have been good, I mean it did fly in testing and no doubt it does fly in shows around the world so why not ofp, that is if it could be made?

LimeCordial

« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2002, 23:59:25 »
well, never going into production doesnt mean it is sci-fi, surely?

i say, go ahead with it and good luck! that's be  nice chopper to have fo sure.  ;) :D

RT

« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2002, 11:14:48 »
I'll tell u why it was never released, because in one of its tests it crashed in a wind tunnel and they thought it too much of a risk to put into production, although it had been flying perfectly fine before the crash, so methinks it could be good to have in the game. (haha ufo's)  ;)

I'm learning on Rhino atm so might be sometime yet.