Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Covert & Deniable Operator Missions  (Read 1699 times)

Phantom

Covert & Deniable Operator Missions
« on: 29 Apr 2003, 12:48:26 »
Has anyone ever taken the thought of making a campaign based on the player, being a covert and/or deniable operator (k) past these forums?

In resistance I think it could be really fantastic, you could make special weapons that have been cannibalised from other weapons, and make them available for sale, you could carry them around in a car that your given by the agency you work for, CIA, MI6, MI5 (The Firm). You'd be given a mission, and would have to find things out in order to progress, like a campaign. It'd give you a huge amount of freedom, since you'd be working off clues to get anywhere on the Island (probably Nogova).

If anyone's interested, can you contact me, (not recruiting, I'd just like to help anyone out if they're seriously thinking about it)  phantom@r-s-p.org

I think it would be REALLY awesome to be able to do something like that, and the awesome thing is that the addons to do it are out there, the rest would just be scripting

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
Re:Covert & Deniable Operator Missions
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2003, 13:14:54 »
I did.. Sam Gerard - CIA.. Demo at opflash.org.. finished it but comp crashed so i have no completed version other than the 3-mission campaign  :'(

Starting some kind of thing up again maybe tho.. Will be a dedicated-56k'ers-or-high-speed-connection-friendly thing, because of the vast ammount of addons it would require... OR.. i might  restore the SGCIA parts I have left... everything but the last mission :\
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2003, 13:16:54 by Jahve »

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2003, 13:48:04 »
i tried to gather interest a while ago in these forums, seems no-one was interested

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:17:51 »
well I am :)

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:40:12 »
www.r-s-p.org
talk to cyberpunk/mitrohkin we're old mates

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2003, 18:00:20 »
im making one at the moment... but not on the same lines... but it is indeed a deniable mission - no identifying equipment, not markings etc... and no evac, you have to get out yourself... lol
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

max_killer_payne

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2003, 21:54:15 »
Im making one at the moment  as well. Basically, a covert ranger team deep in enemy lines is engaged and you need to go and rescue them. In the outro your helicopter is shot down. And everyone else gets rescued. So you must spend the rest of the campaign looking for equipment, (rations, hopefully will be an addon, radio, weapons) and scavange stuff, until youre ready to make a run for it.

Phantom

« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2003, 00:39:22 »
i'm thinking more along the lines of Remote Control, although Andy McNab is full of himself, it's a fantastic book

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2003, 13:43:44 »
hmm.. I've read a ton of Tom Clancy so i got my inspiration :)
Will start one today..

Edit: This i made up just as i write: Experimental helo Airwolf under CIA-control go in on Kolgujev to extract a deffecting russian scientist. Entirely hostile territory. Must destroy 1 shilka, some armour that have orders to stop the deffection.

Edit #2: Also, a comanche under CIA control to destroy a protected fuel convot that's en route to a nuclear launch facility with rocket fuel, to prevent nuclear missile launch.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2003, 13:56:58 by Jahve »