Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Iranian Embassy  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Iranian Embassy
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2003, 01:20:40 »
which will be the mission released with the project uk forces para's and sas and landies....

Operation BARRAS which was the hostage situation is Sierra Leone... I have contact with one of the actual captives from that campaign... makes great reading what happened when they were taken captive and then the rescue, which I am trying to recreate to as greater a degree as possible...

and no, the iranian embassy wasnt the SAS's first CT, but it was (reportadly) their first CQB mission.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2003, 20:34:38 »
Excellent news Messiah!   Looking forward to that one.

First SAS CQB?   Well I don't know if Mogadishu airport counts ... it was technically a German operation but there were two SAS advisors who did a lot of the planning work and took part in the assualt on the aircraft.  

And wasn't it the SAS who did that unsuccessful hit on Rommel?  ::)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #17 on: 01 May 2003, 23:00:49 »
not CQB house clearing... the Rommel strike in WW2 was to deal a blow to rommels supply lines in the desert - fuel trucks etc...

as for the mog one, i guess you could count it, but the SAS had a limited role advising...

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2003, 00:20:15 »
no no, there was a failed assassination attempt on Rommel in North Africa .... they cleared a house room by room but he wasn't there.

anyway.. doens't matter.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Phantom

« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2003, 05:41:42 »
there were 2 sas men, one was barry davies, don't know who the other bloke was. they advised and lobbed bangs over the fuselage of the aircraft as the Germans entered. as for the hit on rommel, we're really getting into the nitty gritty, but well, that's not the modern day sas, they're two completely seperate organisations because it was disbanded after WWII and then brought back again in the Malayan Crisis by Brig. Mike Calvert. It's anal, but thems the facts

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #20 on: 02 May 2003, 10:43:40 »
no no, there was a failed assassination attempt on Rommel in North Africa .... they cleared a house room by room but he wasn't there.

anyway.. doens't matter.

hmm, never heard about that  ::)

Mav

« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2003, 15:07:22 »
if you do want to know about the IES, ask me, i know a few lads who were there...

all of them

Commando

« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2003, 22:56:03 »
I have to ask why is everybody only thinking about the a.i?? there's so much people could do if they made multiplayer missions and coop missions out of ideas like this   ;)  I made a sort of storm the mansion tdm mission without respawn and it worked pretty well untill someone picked up the idea to blast the house with grenades... :P But that can be fixed to by removing the grenades  :) then you got some sharp and fast shoot outs inside and around a building complex or one building.

I used  the enterable Gubas mansion bulding if anyone who has played through the regular ofp campaign knows what im talking about.
I've even made some GTA kind of missions to with civie cops against some criminals and the only weaposn avaible where the koslize and all the handguns + sniper rifle. and don't forget the cars and other stuff that you can have in the background ;) or to be usuable.

I love the way you can make missions that are all about super realism that sometimes gets boring and about crazy fun and using stuff that no one else does. or to make a total frag fest with messy urban fire fights that requires a quick mouse sensitivty and a fast trigger finger  ;D