Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Iranian Embassy  (Read 3910 times)

Scam

Iranian Embassy
« on: 29 Apr 2003, 02:55:26 »
 ;D ok not sure if this has been suggested before, i searched and found nil. But the Iranian embassy mission'd be cool, maybe a bit short - but repelling from the roof and blowing out the windows'd be fun. It'd turn out a blitzkrieg, with maybe armed civies as the terrorists. Or just have one team terrorists, and one team SAS - i dunno just an idea. That and im a bit of a n00b so go easy on me ;)

Phantom

Re:Iranian Embassy
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2003, 08:56:48 »
since your a noob, i will go easy on you  ;D

It's impossible without changing the engine.
The closest we have to rapelling at the moment is what you can do with the new MH-47E by BAS.

You wouldn't be able to bounce off walls, and definately not come flying through a window.

You wouldn't be able to move through the building due to shit ai.

basically, the whole idea is a big no.
it'd work a lot better with rainbow six 3: rainbow shield, or something like that.

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2003, 14:27:18 »
Well I think there is a Japanese MOD that just released a demo that contains new animations for repelling down walls now.... but your right the AI is to stupid and you cant go through the building.

Plus there was never any hostage rescue at the Iranian Embassy but there was a real screwed up attempt for one that cost as good soldiers. I also believe that screw up led to the creation the 160th Soar group (Night Stalkers)

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2003, 14:37:54 »
6th of May, 1980, 5:32pm if i remember correctly.
The SAS made a raid on the Iranian Embassy in Princess Gate, London.
The US had nothing to do with it, you might be thinking of Operation: Eagle Claw in Iran, where 1SFOD-Delta attempted their first real rescue, a Sea Stallion flew into a grounded C-130 spilling fuel into the props, sending it everywhere, everything caught fire, and a bunch of blokes kicked the bucket to put it bluntly.

Do your research mate

Iwesshome

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2003, 14:52:18 »
Well shucks... not much on the history buff when it comes to SAS operations. Well thanks for the history lesson and yes I was referring to Operation Iron Claw  ;D

- Well take that back I know of some (Peru and Desert Storm) Yep thats about it
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2003, 14:55:39 by IW »

Phantom

« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2003, 15:27:13 »
lol, it's not sas, it's just world events.

wrong again, it's Operation: Eagle Claw, so don't look like such an ass
and it's S.O.A.R. not Soar, it's an acronym
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2003, 15:27:46 by Phantom »

Iwesshome

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2003, 15:34:59 »
 ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2003, 15:35:57 by IW »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2003, 18:04:35 »

Plus there was never any hostage rescue at the Iranian Embassy

errrm, 8 hostages if i remember correctly  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

max_killer_payne

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2003, 21:50:07 »
yeh, 1 dead hostage, and all the terrorists except 1 (Who tried to blend in with the hostages, what a dumbass) were neutrilized thanks to the quick thinking of the SAS.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2003, 22:08:32 »
ermmm, red mist more like... as far as i recollect, half of those dead terrorists could have been captured alive, but the SAS were too heavy handed... the one who survived was lucky to do so, as one of the SAS soldiers was about to take him off and execute him.

Phantom

« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2003, 00:32:33 »
2 hostages died, and they were all being killed because thatcher said, "i don't want any of them coming out of this".

1 terrorist survived because when he was about to be pulled out of the line, a woman grabbed him, hugging him asking them not to, so they couldn't really, it's called stockholm syndrome

max_killer_payne

« Reply #11 on: 30 Apr 2003, 17:57:36 »
I'll check it, because im pretty sure that all of them were killed except the one (and yes I did no this!!  ::) ) who was gonna be dragged off and shot, but the other members of the SAS stopped him. Ok, it didnt go 100% according to plan. But a pretty damn good first combat mission for the SAS, huh?

P.S Messiah no when the Project UK Forces will be releasing ne addons, and the Royal Marines muzzle is constantly flashing. Ne advice?

Phantom

« Reply #12 on: 30 Apr 2003, 18:09:06 »
the SAS didn't, that lady did, he would've had to pull her off, then shoot him which would look terrible on the SAS, and it was their first CT mission, not first combat ;) and yes, all but one died, i've actually got a pic of the embassy the fire was put out, with salim dead, badly burnt too

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2003, 23:30:28 »
I'll check it, because im pretty sure that all of them were killed except the one (and yes I did no this!!  ::) ) who was gonna be dragged off and shot, but the other members of the SAS stopped him. Ok, it didnt go 100% according to plan. But a pretty d**n good first combat mission for the SAS, huh?

P.S Messiah no when the Project UK Forces will be releasing ne addons, and the Royal Marines muzzle is constantly flashing. Ne advice?

i do know, but you will have to wait until such information is posted at the site. As for the marines muzzel flash - this is a bug with all weapons which are Pre 02 and also pre version 1.46... with 1.46 this issue was solved adding some lines into the .cpp... because we are creating an updated O2 version of the marines, we have seen no need to update this outdated verison... but to fix it, switch off T&L  ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2003, 00:40:15 »
Iranian Embassy Siege and other post War minor SAS ops.     The last terrorist is still in prison in the UK I think.    It was not the SAS's first Counter Terrorist operation, apart from anything else they'd been operating in Nothern Ireland for several years by that stage.

It's an excellent website actually, I'd recommed a surf.

My favourite aspect of the disastrous hostage resuce mission in Iran was the plight of the two squaddies whose job it was to create a roadblock to prevent passing civilians from interrupting the operation.   The first vehicle to approach did not appear  to slow down when they waved their lights, so they took the interesting step of firing a missile at it.   Of course it was only a petrol tanker .......

Anyway, returning swiftly to the topic, it's not really an operation that brings out the best in OFP.   Now the Sierra Leone job, that's a different matter entirely.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2003, 00:41:47 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play