Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: operation firelord  (Read 1394 times)

twisted_al

operation firelord
« on: 25 Apr 2003, 18:06:10 »
Has anyone had problems with operation firelord where people at the start run off down the road without you? funny the first time then got annoying! please help

Ex-RoNiN

Re:operation firelord
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2003, 19:53:10 »
Play it in 1.46, or wait for Firelord 2.0 :)

ARVN Marvin

« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2003, 18:51:43 »
Has anyone had problems with operation firelord where people at the start run off down the road without you? funny the first time then got annoying! please help

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I posted this problem a while ago and was told it was an issue with the EditorUpgrade addon that's zipped with the mission. I guess it's the wrong addon or the wrong version but I've since downloaded and installed every EditorUpgrade that's available and nothing has resolved the problem.
I've tried it on three different pc's with different installs of OFP and each time, those bastards run away from the jeep, yaking along amongst themselves. What really sucks is that once you're in the jeep, you can't get out!! Hell, I'd run after those punks just so I could progress through the mission!!!  
If i rememver correctly, you should also be getting an error that you're missing an addon (editorupgrade v1.2?) right as you get to the briefing screen? Don't bother checking your Addon's folder, I'd bet $1 it's there even if OPF says it isn't!!!
I couldn't help but think it was something I was doing wrong since there are so many glowing reviews of the mission and to date, I seemed to be the only person who couldn't run it.
Sorry I don't have the answer but glad I'm not the only one having the problem.
BTW, I've tried to run the mission from each version of OFP, with and without patches, from the 1st version all the way through 1.91 and still no luck.

I feel your pain Bro :D

Marv'

:Nexus:

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2003, 22:06:38 »
i had this the first time i played this mission. So i played it again and this time waited for them to get in before i followed them all the way, and sure enough, it worked!  :D

But...................... I got a different prob now which i cant solve. Its the part where they are showing you the video of the spetznats making things explode and stuff like that. But it gets to a part where he is (i think) gonna lift up a truck with his mind but instead of going up it just shakes.

At first i just thought it was all apart of the story and they were going to turn it off and say that they didnt get far enough in the project to make them that strong. but after 5 mins of seeing this truck just shake i relised that something was wrong. ive reloaded the mission 5 times now and it just wont work!  :(

Any suggestions please?

Nex
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2003, 22:44:08 by :Nexus: »

:Nexus:

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2003, 23:09:59 »
well, i guess that means there isnt any hope for me then.  :'(

Oh well, it looked like a good mission too........

*places operation firelord in recycle bin*

:(

Nex

max_killer_payne

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2003, 12:18:51 »
I have the same problem and always think the same thing:
'COME BACK HERE YOU BASTARDS, SO I CAN BLOW A HOLE IN UR BRAIN'