Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Special Treatment from OFPEC Staff  (Read 1374 times)

Phantom

Special Treatment from OFPEC Staff
« on: 25 Apr 2003, 12:15:31 »
I thought about e-mail someone at OFPEC about this, but I thought that this same thing could happen.
Every now and again, I'll submit some news, and it's like they've seen who it was and gone, nope, don't like him, piss off!
Then within a few days I'll see that they've posted someone elses news and it was about the same sought of stuff!
Please don't try and write this off as just lot's of coincidences and that it's been missed. If OFPEC is "By the Community, For the Community", then hiring someone who's likely to hold a grudge and bring it to work with them, is not good for public profile.
If I'm banned, then I'll say bye to all my mates now. If you do ban me, please say why, because at the moment I can't see warrant for it.

Phantom
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2003, 12:16:14 by Phantom »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Special Treatment from OFPEC Staff
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2003, 12:26:51 »
Phantom, I can assure you that that never has happened and never will.   All news submissions are judged solely on their merits.   Any OFPEC staffer who held grudges wouldn't be an OFPEC staffer for long.

However, you are right that there has been a problem and some news submissions (including yours) have not been posted.     News has been one of the things that has "fallen through the cracks" in recent months.     We are aware of this and would like to apologise to everybody who has submitted news that has not been posted.     It is our intention that this situation will improve in the future, and snYpir has asked me to make sure that it does.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2003, 12:29:33 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2003, 12:32:06 »
Thanks Mac, and to Snypir (congrats on new leadership mate).

Just one last thing though, how do you know if an OFPEC staffer holds a grudge?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2003, 12:49:41 »
lol good question .... it would probably become obvious to other staff quite quickly.    If you feel there is a problem then in the first instance discuss it politely by IM with the person in question.    If that doesn't work then send an IM to the appropriate person.   For example, if it was a mission reviewer then you would contact Anmac, who is in charge of the Mission Depot.

If all else fails IM snYpir or a senior staff member that you trust and ask them to help.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2003, 14:29:42 »
thanks again

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2003, 01:02:34 »
Phantom - In recent months, getting staff to do anything has been an issue, and I understand that news has sat and not been posted. In order to rectify this problem, a capable, motivated person needs to be in charge of the intel depot.

This person (since the day before yesterday) is Macguba. From now on, no news will be left unposted, unless it is unpostable.

I understand the frustration that you (and many others) feel towards the apart lack of care factor from the staff. Well, staff are being replaced and I mean to address the concerns of people like yourself.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention :-*
Bohemia Interactive Simulations