Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom Textures on maps I CANT BLOODY DO THIS  (Read 2169 times)

Nasty Buttler

Custom Textures on maps I CANT BLOODY DO THIS
« on: 01 Sep 2002, 17:59:26 »
Hi guys,

Please help....

I have looked hi and low for someone to either show me, or for someone to tell me how the hell im supposed to add my personal textures into my OFP maps made in Wrp-edit

1. I have made a 128x128 texture and have placed it into my maps pbo file, then added it to the pbo list in wrpedit, i can see the texture correctly in the preview window and everything seems to checkout in Wrp-edit......then i recompress the pbo with config.cpp, .wrp and my texture in the same pbo...and when i get into the map i cant see the texture when i click show texture and then when i got and click preview there is white squares where my texture is supposed to be. please help...

2. Am i supposed to have a config.bin??
if so how do i set it up?

3. I have made about 70 textures cause ive made a crossover airfield...(an airport with 2 runways that cross eachother.....

4. is 128x128 the highest detail u can get for textures for the ground, or should i be making a few variants of my textures for the higher speced machines....(mine being a lowly p3 700)

5. Can someone get me a 12gauge and a buckshot.....

6. Please help or ill be forced to use the 12 gauge on myself....very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx to the person that helps....

ill give u my kidneys in the next life, i fear my kidneys in this life will have buckshot through them very soon...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Custom Textures on maps I CANT BLOODY DO THIS
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2002, 18:36:32 »
Nasty........if you have Icq      message me.......my # is 34664954

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2002, 18:37:00 »
Spare the buckshot

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2002, 19:46:16 »
OK here is how you do it.....thanx for your help by the way...

when you want to add your textures you must use the add button to add your pbo EVEN IF U SEE IT!!....look near the bottom for your pbo's name to be repeated, this is the good copy of your pbo you must use to get the textures working

the way to check if you have the correct texture is by looking at the path of the texture in the texture list next to its thumbnail.....

if the textures path is this

mytexturepbo\texture.paa
 this is correct

BUT if its this

\mytexturepbo\texture.paa
 then its incorrect and u need to look for the other duplicate of the pbo file...or add it

now most people that have read this will already of added the wrong textures the way u do it is by removing all the old broken textures from the map and right clicking where the thumb nails are and selecting remove unused textures....this will remove all textures that arent on your map at that time....

ok i hope that helps someone out there with a shotgun or semiauto weapon of sum discription....

dwolf

« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2002, 16:20:08 »
 When you use the pbo tool,using PBOTools here works great,
make a subfolder in the folder your using to compress the wrp file a cpp file,put your textures in that and now will show up in game.I have 6 subfolders for grouping of textures if you prefer not to shove them all into one folder.
 The icon paa file that shows up in my mission editor in the game is in the main foldernot a subfolder.Also have a config.bin with just
 addonsopt\NameOfWrpFile\config.bin

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2002, 20:50:39 »
Pity I been out and didnt spot this earlier.

Good luck with your runway, I had the same problem for a while till I sorted it out in the same way.

You may have seen my terrain, and its got over 300 new texures to make the Airport up.

I am glad to see others are willing to go all the way to get airports to look right..

CBF Shipbuilding

Timmothias

« Reply #6 on: 08 Sep 2002, 04:05:09 »
alright, first of all, thank god ofpec is online again.

anyway... how do i go about taking an existing texture out of one of the pbo's and then makin it a jpg/bmp, edit it (i can do this part on my own :) ), and then use it in wrp edit? i didn't make a new topic because this is pretty much the same.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 08 Sep 2002, 17:58:07 »
If the textures are .pac or .paa format Wrpedit can use them  as is.

No need for .jpeg or .bmp.

Planck

blath

« Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2002, 18:24:41 »
goddamn read wot he sed!
he needs them in jpg or bmp 2 EDIT them!

Timmothias

« Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2002, 18:41:25 »
yea, i need them to be a standard format so i can edit em with photoshop or something like that. ofpmanager doesnt convert to jpg yet, so i dunno what to use.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2002, 03:25:42 »
I did read what he said, which was....

how do i go about taking an existing texture out of one of the pbo's and then makin it a jpg/bmp, edit it (i can do this part on my own).....

As you can see, he said he can do that part on his own.

So, it must be the second part he has trouble with......I reasoned.  But on reflection maybe he meant he can edit on his own.

But, enough of that.....

Don't make them into jpeg or bmp.

Take the paa or pac file and load it  into Texview then resave it in tga format.........edit it........load back into Texview.....save it back into paa or pac format.

If you don't have Texview, you can get it here:

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/downloads5.html

Planck