Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hitler Youth  (Read 2971 times)

desert_storm_dude

Hitler Youth
« on: 18 Apr 2003, 20:00:41 »
is someone making the hitler youth.  I think that would be great
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2003, 20:03:03 by desert_storm_dude »

At.St_Walker

Re:Hitler Youth
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2003, 01:17:17 »
A.K.A. "Hitler-Jugend" ??  ???

I'm sorry my english is too bad  :'(

Donnervogel

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2003, 01:17:40 »
err great?!?

Black Magic

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2003, 02:01:10 »
Well I've heard nothing about Hitler Youth addons - and I doubt anyone would, because it raises that long disputed moral issue of children in warfare. :-X

Offline jojimbo

• Members
  • I'm a BIG FAT LAZY llama!
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2003, 04:48:52 »
the actual hitlerjugend 12 ss pz division was not made from
16 year olds,they were mostly hardened veterans and alot of
their ncos came from the leibstandarte.
unless you mean by hitler youth,young boys with brown shorts
and a yellow scarf,er???

Donnervogel

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2003, 13:13:15 »
The Idea of the Hitler youth was something like Boy Scouts in the USA. The purpose was not to sent them to war. However they did it as they lost more and more troops in the eastern front. I've never heard about that veteran hitler youth group you mentioned and I doubt that it existed because that would be absurd. And if there is one good thing in the nazi organisazion then it's the pure logic behind it. The only thing I could imagine is that those were hitler youth leaders or instructors. I don't know how they are called in english. However hitler youth = young boys, children. And I don't think we need to play a war game with children units.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2003, 13:17:41 by Donnervogel »

titan

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2003, 21:55:18 »
Well, then again u are playing a factual game. Theres no hiding the fact that boys from the Hitler Youth did actually fight.

p.s. the boy scouts isnt just American!

Vyper

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2003, 22:58:18 »
On the techical side new models and animations i assume would be needed for children....big effort so such small and morally dubious gain.

Vyper

P.S. Titan.....the American Boy Scouts is actually a direct american 'spin off' of the age old british tradition of "Beavers" then "cubs" the "scounts" (hence boy scouts) then "Ventures".......so it is most CERTAINLY not just american!

Donnervogel

« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2003, 19:12:31 »
guys you read things I don't write.

I assumed most people here are american so I compared it to american boy scouts. certainly many nations have something like this and theres nothing bad about it. In Switzerland (where I live) and Gemrany they're called Pfadfinder wich means path-finders.
And I said I doubt that this "veteran hitler youth" group existet. I doubt that there was a hitler youth group with middle aged men or something like that.
I cetainly know that hitler used those poor children in combat. I just said that the hitler youth, at the time it was created, wasn't meant to have chidren soldiers. The purpose was similar to that of the boy scouts or whatever you want to call those groups.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2003, 19:16:58 by Donnervogel »

titan

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2003, 20:35:19 »
well actually, in the end it was meant to kick out VERY well trined soldiers. During maths class they wld learn how to aim artiellery in all conditions and ranges. During P.E they would would do endurance runs (over a period of 2 or 3 days) and also rifle shooting/drills. As well as many other things. It was also mainly to alter their 'fragile' little minds to beliefing that Hitler was like God! And when they would leave the Hitler Youth at the age of 18, they would had to do a 4 year term of service.
   And there deffently wldnt be a Veteran Hitler Youth, mainly cause the Hitler Youth was only set up in 1933, and the fact that once they left...they wld either join the Wermacht (spelling) or the SS! The only way you wld of fought with the Hitler Youth is if you were under 18 and still doing your training in it, or if you a Adult Officer...training them!

(i only know that cause i did a project on it in History)

btw Donnervogel, never assume that most ppl here are American, im British and you will prob find alot of ppl here not American!

Donnervogel

« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2003, 21:07:51 »
I totaly agree ;) I just refered to the inital purpose of the hitler youth:
1. boy scouts
2. part of the nazi propaganda

I just wanted to say that I doubt that that veteran group existed that jojimbo mentioned.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2003, 21:08:10 by Donnervogel »

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2003, 22:17:29 »
lol donnervogel

dont question the might JoJimbo.... :)

http://home.att.net/~SSPzHJ/Index.html

It was an SS Division as well as a boy indoctrination. I sawa program where boys were off on summer camp playing essentially wargames. Learning how to take positions etc.

'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Donnervogel

« Reply #12 on: 20 Apr 2003, 23:29:40 »
Well the division existed but they speak of volunteers from the hitler youth, not of some kind of combat veterans. Looks like the name "Hitlerjugend" was just a nickname. Basicly it's a normal SS-Division. Thats not that what I understand under Hitler Youth units ;)

And for the purpose discussion... how can I make it clear? I don't speak of everything the hitler youth ever did. I speak of what it was supposed to be when it was created. After the war started everything, of course, was changed to support the war.
And that boy scouts, or hitler youth is a preparation for military service is nothing special. It's still like that today in some countries. In the US (just to stay on the example) they learn (in some places at least) the basic values of the military and the behaivoir, paradeing (right word?) and so on.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 2003, 00:21:00 »
I think you are really talking about the final days in Berlin where youth's were given Panzerfaust's and sent to defy the Russians rather than children in shorts running aound taking 'lots of healthy exercise in the fresh air'

Other than youthful faces would these troops be very different from normal german soldiers - a little less equipment perhaps?
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

At.St_Walker

« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr 2003, 02:09:13 »
I think you are really talking about the final days in Berlin where youth's were given Panzerfaust's and sent to..

::)