Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon Submissions  (Read 4281 times)

onepremise

Addon Submissions
« on: 10 Apr 2003, 08:33:42 »
I guess the addons submission page is still broken?  Any status on this.  It seems to have been down for a very long time.  I tried a month ago and it was broken and it still seems to be broken now.  Shouldnt that link be brought down if its not working?  Or at least some sort of post on the status of the submission page.  Please give us some sort of update.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2003, 21:04:34 by onepremise »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Addon Submissions
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2003, 11:40:19 »
I second taking down the non-working link and setting up a info text which tells the users that addon submission is down at the moment.

This is part of the standard communication between the staff and the 'customers' which we really should adapt better.  ::)
Not all is lost.

onepremise

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2003, 23:59:25 »
Addons at Ease?
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e963a81397cffff;act=ST;f=54;t=29034

In regards to that, Does this mean you guys got the addon uploads working?  Its been a very long time and nobody affiliated to ofpec has even posted any kind of status on it.  Its still broken.

onepremise

« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2003, 02:37:42 »
Any status on this?  Is it ever gonna get fixed?  There are many of us that would love to contribute to the addon community here at OFPEC.  However, we cannot contribute if there is no way to upload our addons.  Whats the deal?  Do you guys need help with getting the addons submissions going?  Please give us some sort of status.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2003, 04:00:05 »
I've started chasing this up for you.

Someone will reply here ASAP (please give us at least 24 hours due to timezone differences) as to what will be done to address this issue.

Regards,
Noon
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

onepremise

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2003, 23:56:14 »
Did you find anything new?  Just checkn...  ;D

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2003, 01:07:44 »
Hi Onepremise,

The decision was that we would take it down until we could gaurantee it would work.

I'm not sure this has been actioned yet, simply because the person to action the disabling is under a lot of demand all over OFPEC.

All I can add at this point is that there indeed will be great fanfare and announcements when we start taking Addons again, but until then there's a lot to be done and we continue to work on it all as fast as we can.

So continue to cling tightly to that addon, and when we announce the reopening of Addon submission and the Addon Depot, we very much look forward to receiving it from you. :D

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2003, 09:37:44 »
Like say...open the damn addons depot again!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2003, 09:58:16 »
Patience, patience.  8)

It will be ready when it's ready.   Nobody wants it back more than the people working on it.   When it's ready, you'll know about it.    
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

bmgarcangel

« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2003, 05:29:04 »
Darn, thats why there ain't anything new there.  I hope you guys can get it up and working again fast so that people building things can submit, submit, and submit again  ;D

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2003, 05:46:37 »
The addons depot is being rebuilt by Hubba (the guys who owns the server). It will be up within a week or so hopefully. *crosses fingers*

We need to design it for the long haul, without bugs, and this is taking some time.
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

onepremise

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2003, 05:08:22 »
Finally, its about damn time! J/K!  Thats wonderful guys.  Thanks for all the hard work and dedication OFPEC ppl.  I already see my addon out there!  Works like a champ.

Keep up the good work!  :D

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jun 2003, 05:44:05 »
thanks! any suggestions for improvements plz let us know. ;D
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Shaggy

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jun 2003, 06:09:35 »
Yeh there could be an improvement.

While I was submitting my new ADDON i noticed that there wasn't a box that i could type in "when i hope to have the ADDON released". It could be nice if it was there, then people will know when an ADDON will be released and they wont start thinking that the ADDON makers have gave up on their ADDON.  :D

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jun 2003, 06:26:58 »
Errrr ...  ???

While I was submitting my new ADDON i noticed that there wasn't a box that i could type in "when i hope to have the ADDON released".

If you're submitting your addon to the Depot, then it IS being released as of the moment you upload it to the Depot... ;)

The Addon Depot is for the hosting of finished Addons.

If you have news about an addon that you will be releasing in the future, then you'll need to submit that to the Intel Depot.