Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting Banned?  (Read 1652 times)

bmgarcangel

Getting Banned?
« on: 07 Apr 2003, 07:22:11 »
I just am curious.  Now, if someone were to ban me from the site (which I hope NeVeR eVeR hApPeNs) you guys would send something to my what Internet Provider or computer right.  So then, me and my family have like a really nice Cabin in Glacier near Mt. Baker here in Washington and it has a different internet provider there ( I luv Comcast Cable).  So if I went there I could go on this site true is it not?
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2003, 07:22:32 by bmgarcangel »

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:Getting Banned?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2003, 08:05:57 »
If you're banned, you're banned. Simple as that.

We won't discuss methodolgy or systems used to enforce this, but consider the following...

A great number of people have tried to work around our bans but ALL have failed. Our track record in this area speaks for itself.

And remember, a ban includes a ban from www.ofec.com completely, and can also cost you your ISP account (I'm sure in your situation, your family would not appreciate losing them both).

So all in all, thats a great deal to lose from your point of view, and no loss at all to us.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2003, 08:23:18 »
And actually, you also get a ban from www.ofpec.com too :)

Really Noonie :)

/HuBBa (who is awake when he types this :)

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2003, 00:35:34 »
*Fires Noon on the spot, recalls he retired first, re-hires him, then fires him*

Can't get the help these days.

As for your nice Cabin, if you continually attempted to bypass our Bans, we'd send the boys round with a can of petrol and a few boxes of matches.

Simple.

:D
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.