Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Heavy MG  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Heavy MG
« on: 31 Aug 2002, 15:29:15 »
now - i have a mission which requires 4 strike teams to storm a town - and are supported by a heavy weapons squad who outflank the enemy posistion.

Now - this heavy squad has grenade launchers and MG's - but i was wondering about a large MG - one which i carried on the back of a soldier and can only be fired when it is placed in the ground and setup.

would that at all be possible?
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Chomps

Re:Heavy MG
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2002, 15:32:46 »
At fortress-ofp.com, in their MG pack, they have a 50 caliber machinegun that is on a small tripod, so the user is basically prone.

Here is a picture from http://fortress-ofp.com/

http://members.iomartdsl.com/~s.mcculloch/M2NEW2.jpg

You can get the MG pack from the downloads section.

Hope that helps.  ;)
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2002, 15:35:18 by Chomps »

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2002, 16:03:45 »
looks good - but can you pick it up and run around?

also - i was looking for something more modern - the new OICW has a counterpart that is a Heavy MG - i know the OICW is a long way off - but i figure it could be cool.

Vyper

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:06:05 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

blath

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:26:54 »
messiah i think i have that mg from the pic and if its the same 1 then no it isnt portable

wen u asked if its possible did u mean will sum1 do it or is it technically possible? cos if its the 2nd 1 then i guess the concept is the same as the LAW, jus that the position has 2 b prone rather than crouched, altho hopefully thats in the cpp rather than a hard-coded requirement (makin the unit crouch) that the LAW calls up

ps- as u may have noticed by now i talk a lot but cant actually do nethin myself, so if im wrong, jus whack me and i'll shut up 4 a while :)

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:35:40 »
both really - i guessed a machine gun could maybe be called up as a LAW - and if its big enough - then the crouch posistion wouldnt be too bad... although prone would be better

any1 have any insight?

ZIKAN

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:14:00 »
Some geezer here :http://cazadoresdemonte.com.ar/malvinas/novedades-ing.htm is working on that idea for his IM65 88.9mm rocket launcher. Mybe he could help ?

Marsuitor

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:18:02 »
Doesn't Kegetys AGS launcher have a script to enable the launcher to be "picked" up by a vehicle and carried to a new location and be deployed there? It, would, perhaps, be possible to modify (Kegetys willing) the script too enable GFX's prone .50 to be manportable...

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:41:16 »
Zikan - thats what im on about - wonder if its possible to make that into a heavy MG and fire bullets.... hmmmm.

Thorne

« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2002, 19:34:50 »
Your idea is good but unrealistic because there is no way single would carry the whole mg with tripod and ammo. In real heavy mg squad there is gunner, loader and assistant. Loader carries the ammo, gunner carries the mg it self, and assistant carries the tripod. So I think it's better that heavy mgs don't move at all.

SEAL84

« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2002, 20:38:31 »
Maybe if you coded the "setup" action into the .cpp file or something than you could do that.

For example, the gunner lugging the gun selects "set up fifty cal" and he drops to a crouch.  The other two men come to his position and use "medic healing" animations.  After a few seconds, the gun is set up and the gunner is prone behind it, then the two other soldiers go prone next to you.

Dunno if that's possible but that's my suggestion.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:20:10 »
sounds like a good idea to me seal  :) - does anyone know if it's possible?

LimeCordial

« Reply #12 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:59:40 »
well you'd have to make the AI realise that they are needed to go over and perform their actions....

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #13 on: 02 Sep 2002, 17:42:15 »
could be done with scripts, or in the cpp file, like it sets up a move waypoint to the gunner's position when he calls for the gun to be set up, for the support team to go to him

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #14 on: 02 Sep 2002, 17:50:28 »
well the point of having this MG (as SEAL knows  ;) ) is to provide heavy covering fire for an assult...

now what seal suggests is a great idea - the medic unit is set to go heal people when commanded - so why not make him come over and sit next to the mg when commanded?

of course, if any of them die, then the MG cannot be used - it would be a great addon in my honest opinion.