Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tracked Rapier  (Read 1153 times)

beastman72

Tracked Rapier
« on: 04 Apr 2003, 12:58:14 »
The Shilka and the Vulcan are good and all but realistically you cant hit an A10 or Frogfoot with it.

Could one of you O2 experts put together a tracked Rapier SAM system, like the one the British Forces used in the 80s??? ???

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Tracked Rapier
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2003, 13:16:24 »
being made by the falklands mod  ;D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Peter Eyres

« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2003, 22:07:24 »
Try the M109 ADATS from OFP.info or the Tunguska made by DKM. And I belive there are a number of Russian portable Sams being made.

bigdog632

« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2003, 03:45:30 »
i saw the rapier screenshots somewhere on here i believe and SA2 or something they look pretty nice

swift88

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2003, 21:46:55 »
try this website............... its french but if u look left u see a english translation........ any way enjoy http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyReco/europe/Angleterre/vehicules_missiles/Rapier/Rapier_Angleterre_identification.htm i would make it but im too busy

swift88

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2003, 22:03:33 »
any suggestions with the scripting from the tracking of the missile-----------to-------------the-----aircraft? I think that will be a very challenging script, and might find that you shoot a manual guided missle which will be very unrealistic!

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2003, 01:53:07 »
Yes a tracked version of the Rapier is being planned. I'm resourcing information on it  now.

As for tracking targets, that can be done with scripting.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2003, 02:21:50 »
i think and optically guided AA would prolley have a better chance than the missiles launched right now they seem afraid to hit the planes turning away at the last second like they do