Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 3 way deathmatch, scoring problem!  (Read 1398 times)

Cap

3 way deathmatch, scoring problem!
« on: 30 Mar 2003, 20:36:11 »
Ok, how i would normaly make a deathmatch is that when a player is killed the opposing team get a point. But i want to do a 3 team deathmatch and the thing is im not sure how to accomplish the scoring, either i need a script that determins who killed a certain player, or i need to access the score board that shows when you press "i" in multiplayer games. Thing is im not sure if either is possible or how to accomplish what i want to achieve, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2003, 23:41:33 by Cap »

Cap

Re:3 way deathmatch, scoring problem!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2003, 00:34:09 »
Aww comon my post is dropping down the list at a dangerous rate and it has not even had 1 reply :o ;D

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2003, 04:58:00 »
In OFP theres Mission WiZards for Deathmatches, you can make it and look in at how they made the scores...

If you can't do it then i might be willing to help you.

But its all in the mission Wizard

Cap

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2003, 14:10:53 »
I KNOW HOW TO DO A 2 TEAM DEATHMATCH, BUT I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SCORE A 3 TEAM DEATHMATCH. IT IS JUST NOT AS SIMPLE.

To do a 2 team deathmatch i would make it so that when a playe on the east side dies the west team get a point. BUT for a 3 team deathmatch if a player on the east side dies WHO GETS THE POINT!!!! the player who shot him i hear you say,how do i find this out!!! and what is there is a friendly fire incedent!!! take a point from the according team i hear you say!!! HOW!!!

This is my problem, i'm not even sure if it is possible letalone even start to think of a way round it!!!!

So all i ask is....

Is it possible to determine who shot and killed a certain player? If not is it possible to somehow access that little scoreboard that apears in multiplayer games when you press "I"? if not is it possible to find out howmany kills a player has friend and foe?

And OFP WiZard i went looking for this wizard that makes deathmatch maps for you, but it was nowhere to be found. I did however find a wizard that makes a coop map in the editor (this was of no use) and i found some multiplayer templates in the \codemasters\templates folder but none of these had the answer to my problem (or atleast not as far as i could see, if you know different please enlighten me with your knowledge).

PLEASE HELP :'(

This is a really frustrating problem and any help would be GREATLY appreciated :D

And if you dont help you will be paid a visit by my little friend :gunman:

:beat:   <-=-=-=-=-= this will be you  :P

Anybody who solves this problem, their name will be painted in 6 ft high letters all over my house :P

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2003, 14:46:29 »
There are folders called SPTemplates and Templates
C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint

I did it before so i don't remember what folder had more files + folders in it.  but whatever the one is press Ctrl + A to select all and then press Ctrl + C to copy all of the file and folders then go to the other folder (SPTemplates or Templates) and press Ctrl + P to paste all the files in there.  then open OFP and them Edit Mission, on the bottom left corner something says: Mission Wizard, in there theres a lot of missions you can edit... not 3 team death match but two, you can always edit it to make the third party.

bye

Cap

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2003, 16:37:01 »
ok i did as you said but i can only play the missions i cant open them in the editor, i know it is possible cos i have done it before but cant remember. Also i dont think that it will help any way cos the way they score deathmatch points is to add a point when someone DIES, i think this is the case and you cant just edit it to allow a third party cos, i need to add a point when someone KILLS. Do you understand?

if they do not score deathmatches in that way jst tell me how to open the map in the editor please :'(

Gravitybeetle

« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2003, 16:07:42 »
I have that same problem too. I have an area surrounded by fence.
There are 2 teams, East and West, but I have also got a BMP and a T55
patrolling there (resistance). How can I make the game add points for the
team which killed the BMP?
How?

Gravitybeetle

« Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2003, 15:10:41 »
Help?