Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dead animals and destroyed vehicles.  (Read 8627 times)

buzzboy762

Re:Dead animals and destroyed vehicles.
« Reply #15 on: 02 Sep 2002, 04:36:29 »
I just wish there was a better crash sequence for the jets, i mean it looks real and all if you crash a jet doing 1000, but the model once its done spinnning through the air, like it should have done going 300, just looks pathetic, the fact that all of the parts are still there is just stupid.

OPF FREAK

« Reply #16 on: 02 Sep 2002, 11:22:03 »
You cant really have things breaking off its not in the game for it to be able to do that.

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #17 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:27:01 »
yes - agreed BIS dammage models are poor

but no1 will be happy with any crashed model - there will be people who want different styles etc....

I understand your point Messiah,... but, just to exchange thoughts on the issue,...why discourage anyone from making a static object that would, indeed add to the asthetics of the game?  (I dont know anything about modeling,...so if this is just something that cant be done for some reason,...just say so, and I will drop it) :)

I dont see any problem in having a few static wrecked aircraft to choose from...Afterall, people have made other static "prop" addons that add nice details to the game...And how would it differ from the static wrecked jeeps, M113, Ural, ect. ect. that are provided by BIS.
Even if it's not crashed exactly the style someone in particular might want it to be...it would still look better than using the BIS destroyed model, and it would be something very nice for search and rescue type missions.

And poor @cero,...no one even adressed his thought about dead animals...I think that is a good idea too (if , of course it can be done) ;D

ZIKAN

« Reply #18 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:51:32 »
I guess at dead bloated cow could provide some usefull cover when crossing an empty field lol but what next?
a fly add on? so flys would buzz around corpses and cow pats? lol  :P

blath

« Reply #19 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:59:50 »
zikan u r a genius!
i wish u wudnt copy my ideas tho- that fly 1 was my best yet >:( lol

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #20 on: 03 Sep 2002, 17:22:24 »
I think the fly is takin it a bit far lads, but the other idea are good tho. keep 'em coming

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #21 on: 04 Sep 2002, 08:05:19 »
I will allways remember that part of a film that I can remember the name now, when a few Russians in the WWII get pin down in the middle of a field surrounded by Germans and the only cover they could get was them dead cows, and thei had to stay there ntill night time, great scene with the tracers of the German gunners hiting them cows and all you see is blood and dust. It sounds a bit like some kind of dark fetish but the tension and realism on the game fetched by this little bit of addon could be enourmus, and a few models of them would be even better.
 And thanks for the apreciation guys. ;D
 Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #22 on: 05 Sep 2002, 16:14:18 »
didnt someone show off a cow-model once?

HotShot

« Reply #23 on: 05 Sep 2002, 20:58:08 »
I will allways remember that part of a film that I can remember the name now, when a few Russians in the WWII get pin down in the middle of a field surrounded by Germans and the only cover they could get was them dead cows, and thei had to stay there ntill night time, great scene with the tracers of the German gunners hiting them cows and all you see is blood and dust.

I think it was Saving Private Ryan which had something like that in as well. The trouble is you would start to get sickos playing the game and making live animals which they would start blasting the brains out of. For some reason it feels worse shooting an animal the it does a soldier?

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #24 on: 06 Sep 2002, 00:58:21 »
Well, yeah, you'r right there, but at the moment is not posible to make a hall new moving animal for OFP at all. That's why I want the dead cows, they won't move before you shoot them with your SAW :o ;D ;D ;DLOL, just joking.
Later all.
@CERO.

SCREWBY!!!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #25 on: 10 Sep 2002, 22:54:36 »
so, how about the Muuuuuuuuuhh cow then?
@CERO
SCREWBY!!!

Waterman

« Reply #26 on: 10 Sep 2002, 23:14:05 »
Off topic for a second...

Talking about Saving Private Ryan, it's on tonight on Channel 5 for those Brits out there! :D (Tue 10 Sep, 9pm) ;) It's on now...)
Quality film, especially where the sniper gets shot in the eye by the other sniper...

On topic...

Too many insignificant addons like destroyed vehicles slow OFP a lot (If you have my comp 700MHz :-\), but are nice in missions.

Also like the cow idea... ;D

Waterman. 8)

*Runs off to the TV to watch S.P.R.* ;D
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2002, 23:14:37 by Waterman »

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #27 on: 10 Sep 2002, 23:59:30 »
Off topic.
 S'ok, I got it in DVD ;Dhe he he he he
 Back to topic.
 I know is a lot of you out there in the world of big and small computers that think some addons are a bit of a waste of time, take a lot of space in the hard drive and can cause some anoying lag, is allso a pain in the rear when you download a mission or try to play on mulytiplayer and for some reason the addon neade information is not there completely and you end up without fun :( ::)nah, a dead cow addon, or a few diferent models of them in a addon would be reeeeally cool.
 What I'm doing is a litle(so far) campaighn and I'm trying to use the less posible addons but in the same time the ones in there have to be special, with some significance or sense and good quality, and something that is popular too so a lot of people have it allready in theyr hard drives and saves the problem of loock for them and download.
 However, I think that a addon like the one I'm requesting have a lot of significance, at list for me, it remaind you that that game you'r playing is based in a thing call war and violence and that allways the inocent goes first, and what more inocent that a por cow? ;DWar is not nice, only in PCs and in the telly.
 So give me give me give me a dead cow addon at list please.
Thanks all. And for those that suport my thoughts and requests wish me luck and thank you a lot.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #28 on: 11 Sep 2002, 22:30:33 »
I see, that post must be of a boring nature and is draging the interest awy from dead animals and destroyed objects :(oooooh, I think I better start tryin Milkshake then.Laaaaaaaater then.
@CERO.
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2002, 22:34:41 by @cero »
SCREWBY!!!

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #29 on: 11 Sep 2002, 23:06:58 »
it's not that m8, its just after a while peeps get bored/lose inspiration/move on to other topics.

Personally, i think that every vehicle in ofp should have a wrecked version for placement in the editor.

And then we should have extra units, like the tail end of a b-52, a UH-1, and an f-4 phantom (personal pref)

;)