Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Coop Idea's?  (Read 2057 times)

Sol Fire

Coop Idea's?
« on: 29 Mar 2003, 08:53:57 »
ok im tired and im sure most everyone else is too with the Typical Coop Objectives

(Attack Convoy/Take Fuel Depot/Destroy Fuel Depot/Attack town/Attack base etc..!)

so i was wondering if anyone here has any ideas that arnt too close atleast to the Typical mission's!

Any Idea's are very much Appreciated, Thanks for your time & Effort.

Phantom

Re:Coop Idea's?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2003, 04:38:19 »
attack and defence are really the only virtues of conflict that can be portrayed into OFP in a co-op manner, things like recon wouldn't go down well online since nothing happens, but check out Purchasing Power by Animal if you he's still doing it, it's like C&C OFP, but i'd like to see something like air support, or you have to fly a bunch of guy's in and out of a hot zone, or SAR or something like that, so it's attack and defence at the same time, but you've gotta keep moving

Sol Fire

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2003, 08:51:00 »
hmm.. Very nice idea's

i could make a very interesting mission but it would Require addons and i dont really think i want to go through the pains of them Cluttering up the Editor :-\

too bad Addons couldnt be like Scripts  ;D

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2003, 12:09:01 »
too bad the ofp editor is so god damn tedious! hey BIS can we get an update for it plz, one that'll show you the spot that your object or ever will actually be in? whichever way it's facing? same goes for objects being on the map

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2003, 15:56:19 »
I'd like to see a SAR mission, say a boat sends out an SOS and u have to get to it before the enemy ships do. And other friendly (player) ships/helicopters have to provide cover fire while you lower the winch.

Sol Fire

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2003, 20:00:44 »
that sounds pretty cool.. going to need scripting to do some of that.. also how would you know where it went down at?

Marker pop up on map showing where last SOS was sent out?!

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2003, 03:55:03 »
i was wondering if anyone here has any ideas that arnt too close atleast to the Typical mission's!

I dunno if you'd consider this too "close" to the typical mission but:

Instead of "attack/destroy" the convoy, you have to hijack some of the supply trucks from it and attempt to drive them back to your base somewhere else on the island. After you get the trucks, then the enemy sends out troops, tanks, and choppers to look for you/hunt you down and stuff. Could be a lot of fun.

Sol Fire

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:16:09 »
in fact i never thought of that!

thanks Zeek

O Neil

« Reply #8 on: 06 Apr 2003, 11:25:24 »
.......I tried helis chacin a car once.....didn't work very well, but I was using 1.46 and the East guy was chacin a Civilian.............

*Hangs Himself

O Neil ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #9 on: 06 Apr 2003, 11:41:55 »
i was thinking along the lines of hostage rescue...

one player is littlebird pilot and has to deploy the other players who are delta into the operational area... another player can be as littlebird gunship....

dletas go kick ass and rescue hostages, and littlebirds drop in and pick them all up.... under fire, etc...

could also have a LB drop off a sniper onto one of those taaaaall buildings in nogova to snipe on the hostage takers...

if i could make MP missions, then this is how i'd go about it.  ::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Jakerod

« Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2003, 18:21:15 »
You should make one where you have freedom to do anything.  I made one onetime where you started off at a res camp and there were russians on half of the island.(If you tried to go on the otherhalf you would blow up) But you had complete freedom.

There were convoys the mission was to get rid of all the russians. And Petrovice had tons of tanks and you only start with 1 rpg. So you would have to find a lightly armored convoy then attack it. Then attack a small town with weapons used from taht convoy to gain more weapons and men, then a larger town using weapons from tehre and once you got enough RPGs you could attack Petrovice.

There was also helicopters and tanks you could steal but the only problem was that there were a lot of shilkas in the area. Then i also had tanks and men set on guard waypoints all over the place. I got ambushed really bad one time by a whole mechinized infantry platoon (3 BMPS, 24 men)

I had americans on the island that could provide you with some new weapons such as a few Stingers and satchels. I had a trigger in so that you could change the time of day.

Everything was completely random which made it so cool.  I got ambushed by 2 Tank Platoons once after attacking a convoy. The best part was that if you use the civilian trucks they show as neutral on the map and tanks and helis wont fire at them.  And men wont fire until they know its you, so you have to actually hit them before they would fire almost.

Sol Fire

« Reply #11 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:46:15 »
Sounds cool but if that was to be MP mission it would lag unless there was a trigger to Createvehicle the stuff and then when player is no longer in range of seeing it delete vehicle so you wouldnt have a whole bunch of stuff all over the map at one time and then if the player attacked and destroyed the stuff it wouldnt look all that good coming back to it and everything was createvehicle'ed again so the player(s) see the enemy is alive again!

be great Singleplayer for those of us who have good computers but MP it would only really be fun for BroadBand user's :-\

Jakerod

« Reply #12 on: 06 Apr 2003, 23:48:22 »
They wouldnt have to be there when you came back.... the vehicles could be there still but you could camcreate some of those bodies underneath tarps to show that someone came along and cleaned up the mess.

It worked well on my comp for single until i started puttin in this one base then it started getting laggy. But it was really cool cuz you had complete freedom and it was 90% random.

I also had it so that there were triggers that if you walked up to a civilian he had a 50/50 chance of joining you.

Commando

« Reply #13 on: 07 Apr 2003, 00:30:14 »
Freedom!!! freedom!!! ofp is a war game, yes but it has so much potential of beeing so much more like the c&c thing. even though i hate rts missions :P i love to see new ideas and stuff. Im making a spy coop mission where you are 3 spies that have to get off skye island that is controlled by the soviet regime. but there will be smaller objectives on the way that have to be done and roadblocks to bust thorugh and handgun fights with the kgb agents and sneaking through a big facility area that holds vital intellegence of soviet arsenals of weapons and where you have to steal some stuff. And there will be people living their lives like usual before you get in the picture chased by spetznas and kgb agents and market places could turn into ambushes and bloody fire fights. Me and a friend had lots of fun playing the different versions (I made a new one everyday). And in the grande finale when we sat in the airbus civilian addon plane flying to freedom, suddenly an explosion shock the plane and he lost control and hit a mountain...smash..he got shot down by a AA soldier..lost of stuff could turn out a bit random and some stuff not going as planned at all..driving a civie car as fast as possible on a curvy road when beeing chased by a mi17 spraying rockets after you like crazy  :o
i made a air dogfight capture the flag once with f-18's and mig-29's but the con was that when my friend got killed and crashed in the water with my flag! The flag couldn't be returned :P I'll stick to a regulaar tdm mission next time instead of the planes ctf.. ;D but there's lots of things left to discover, like the open version of the antonov..I drived out a 5T truck out of it from 100 m and hit the ground without a scrath... ;D unreal but still fun watching the ground getting closer and seeing your teammate writing omg we are going to die you crazy maniac to you when he sits in the truck with you..well i got plenty of ideas but im not good at scripting so everyting gets kind of basic usually. why haven't anyone made any boat fights? there's a ADF mod big ship and the pauk clas assault ship. I made a kind of battle of the atlantic mp objective mission on the sea of desert island where east had to take out a convoy with the tales of war lsd ships and west had to protect them! Was extremely fun with a.i drivers in the ships trying to drive to a end zone where if they got there west would win but they could also win if they destroyed all the east units. sitting in cargo inside one of the lsds was really tense when the mi24's started to pound the ships with missiles and stuff..really fun when spetznas wheer trying to disembark and plant pipebombs on the deck when the ship was moving faster and faster!!! There's a known bugg that when the ship moves nothing will stay on deck because soldiers will "moonwalk" and fall to the water and die   :P well everything isn't always perfect but it could turn out to be fun anyways ;)

Phantom

« Reply #14 on: 07 Apr 2003, 01:47:18 »
about the boat thingy, they would send out a distress beacon, or they'd have a TACBE (tactical beacon). lol at messiah, isn't that black hawk down? i've got an idea that u might like sol go to http://www.r-s-p.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4 (yes, it's my site, but i couldn't be bothered typing the whole bloody thing out!)