Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: F117 Stealth Fighter  (Read 560 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
F117 Stealth Fighter
« on: 24 Mar 2003, 11:51:14 »
or the nighthawk in other words  ;)

a while back i pretty much saw a completed model of this bird, and now it seems nothing has come if it....

my point is that this aircraft would be an amazing addition to the game, why?

1. Stealth
2. Precision J-Dam Guided Bombs
3. Looks preeeeeetty
4. Great Support Aircraft
5. Great Mission Objective

now, i know people will say 'its too fast for ofp' - but then modify it, lol, u dont need to make the speed accurate, just the model and the fun - yay

the initial issues with the first showing of this unit, was that the bomb bay doors wouldnt work - but now with Res etc, they will, and we can create accurate ballistics and also kit it out with an array of weaponry - and we can have flare dispensers etc - what a unit.... although is stealth possible? im sure you can put the camo rating on the unit very very high, but will it be stealth on radar units?

any thoughts or contributions?
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Cedaie

Re:F117 Stealth Fighter
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2003, 13:05:50 »
Sounds like a plan, no doubt

And this issue of stealth would be an interesting topic to combat, Idea certainly has potential in my books.

If I don't remember correctly, weren't a bunch of F117 already made (EDIT: And released) from various designers?

Cheers

-Cedaie
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2003, 13:10:08 by Cedaie »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2003, 14:40:51 »
hmmm, well i remember that many models were made, and i think a poor version (sorry if im wrong) was made... but with all the new goodies we can add with res, i think a new version is in order?
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2003, 21:34:16 »
 Stealth might be possible... as the Commanche has an IR/Radar Jammer on it....

And yeah.. with the new commands.. this would make updating the old addon very cool ;)

asmodeus

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2003, 21:53:40 »
Yeah, cool idea Mezzy!   :D

I would love to make a B.O. mission where you gotta sneak in and destroy a bunch of these suckers!   ;D

Our mod is currently trying to address the issue of "stealth" for our sub.  We plan on making it able to submerge (after a fashion) and part of the plan is to make it in "stealth mode" while submerged.

I'll let you know when/if we solve this problem for sure... Right now all I have is untested ideas.   ;)

Asmo