Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ficitional idea, well kinda  (Read 1711 times)

max_killer_payne

Ficitional idea, well kinda
« on: 20 Mar 2003, 20:17:43 »
O.k firstly, im not here to offend ne1 or p*ss ne1 off wit this subject, all I'd like is a mission based on this.

O.k so theres an island in the middle east, lets say a large island, a island with towns and desert. Its created alot of tension recently, largely due 2 the countries Dictator Maddas Nusseih  ;) . Most of the people want out of his grip, but he has a small army under his command and is the kinda ba***** who doesent give up easily. Hes given a deadline 2 disarm and surender its not met. So, 2 not so fictional countries decide to intervene, the U.S and Great Britain. The Air war starts at 12.03pm on June 15, 2005. Many, planes go over blah, blah! bang, explosion. This is where you come in.....

A well made base is ready by some expert mission maker. All of a sudden "SCUD!! SCUD ALERT!!", you rush to the nearest bunker, 2 prevent the player gettin bored some prearranged dialogue begins when the player enters the bunker. Once the all clear is given the CO rushes over 2 the bunker

"Everyone!! Move out, Romeo Base is hit!! There are casualities, que the chinook, rushin and then flyin 2 Romeo base. The place is a mess, buildings crumpled, dead bodies,etc the general chaos. Suddenly, a cinematic ques and a B52 (Custom addon, made by some geezer) flies over, then BANG!! Huge explosion!! The B52 goes down in a ball of flames!! The Officer turns to you!!

"Jenkins!! Take a sqaud and go find any survivors!! Pronto!!"

SO, reluctantly you get a truck, and drive into the desert. 2 mins into drivin que cinematic with a matrix. You and 2 guys get out in time as a slow-mo cutscene shows a landmine blow up. You're stuck in the desert, you are told 2 carry onto the crash site. You go and theres an injured pilot, everyone else is dead. You have a medic and you heal him. The remainder of the mission, uses sound effects and lighting, to create general tension and paranioa as the player with 3 men run through the desert, occasionaly contactin with enemy troops. You must salvage equipment, you can hijack cars from civilians,etc. In the end, you attempt to get into a truck, the pilot and medic get gunned down, hopefuly you font either, but if not then u get stuck with the otha guy. L8r, he breaks his leg and you have to leave him. U get captured after a while and then you must do a series of missions, were you have 2 escape from jail,escape, survive and then in the last one go and quick Maddas's arse!! So whaddya think?

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
Re:Ficitional idea, well kinda
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2003, 22:29:36 »
The mission sounds ok but hte background story is crap that sort of thing doesn't happen in world with a organization called the UN  ;)

max_killer_payne

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2003, 17:55:41 »
Yeh, i agree the story is crap. I didnt really think about it all I did sat down, thought up a mission. Its a work in progress!!!  ;D

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2003, 07:44:35 »
sounds alright, but yes, the storyline is crap.
not trying to boast, but i do know lot's about the region and the military stuff that goes on, did go on, and will go on, as well as equipment and all that jazz, if you want some help, give me a yell, same for anyone else, if u need help on a mil. or political matter, i'll give u a hand, even my arch enemy o'neil

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2003, 17:59:41 »
lol. Thanks Phantom.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2003, 18:36:26 »
I've kinda changed the storyline. Basically, and island called Krazhpoli (Yes, I know it looks a helluva lot like Everon  ;) Thats because it it Everon), anyway some dicatator dude rules the island, and recently 'acquired' some Russian hardware, mainly SCUDS. After, noticing the threat to the United Kingdom (As it is in range off the missiles) Tony Blair gets all worried. Goes to the United Nations Security Council and they ask Krazhpoli to disarm their SCUDs. A foreing minister for Krazhpoli says its all aloada crap that they havent got SCUDS. Sattielete photos show otherwise, the UN ask again, they wont. They given 48hrs to disarm otherwise Britain have said they're going in to invade, and basically you are an SAS coporal and you and your squad must go in and blow up the SCUD, unfortunately if u blow up something near the begginning of the mission, which is a bit obvious, but still, then u r hunted. But 4 some reason the Hind wont drop the men off. Anyway, Ive started the mission its about 15% complete, they will be alot of trekking across the island but ill place vehicles and stuf for you to use and there will be patrols hanging around to make it more action packed, should be released in about 4 weeks, the beta will be ready for testing next week.

Pandoz

« Reply #6 on: 09 Apr 2003, 04:22:20 »
ummm...this sounds kinda like something going on in a little conflict happening now...ANYWAY i was thinking this could be a fun campaign...but instead of being the usual attacker like in 90% of coop missions..

why not do this?

1. Make the players the DEFENDERS that are severely out manned and out gunned but somehow they could scrounge and they have better land usage and coverage from the enemy.

2. Make a campaign in which one day you could fight a small convoy, but the next morning you get called up to help sabotage a field that tanks are expected to roll through.

I mean basically just be really creative and dont do the normal go in kick ass forget to take names and go rambo...like many coops have been. Liven it up and make it different and this could be a good mission/campaign.

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #7 on: 09 Apr 2003, 15:00:44 »
Maddas Nusseih

That just like Saddam Hussein just spelt backwards and a little diffrent.

Maybe change the name to not cause any arguments.
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

max_killer_payne

« Reply #8 on: 09 Apr 2003, 18:13:52 »
Well done Ratboy!!! Thats the whole point, its a joke.

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2003, 15:51:56 »
I say go for it!
Wars happen people, bad things happen, stopping people from making a mission about it doesn't make it go away. and making a mission about it isn't disrespectful.

i'd love to make the base, i'd put lot's of movement in it and stuff.

good luck!

max_killer_payne

« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2003, 17:16:35 »
I screwed it up, so you start of in a chinook and have to infiltrate an enemy island and take out 6 high ranking officers and Spetz Natz then the evac chopper gets shotdown with ur squad in it and you are stranded there, i'll release a mission pack.