Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Defensive missions  (Read 1554 times)

delaware

Defensive missions
« on: 20 Mar 2003, 00:36:16 »
Sometimes reading a detailed briefing, following waypoints and (especially) controlling AI soldiers can be cumbersome and frustrating.  Lately, I'd rather just defend a position in a large battle without commanding a squad or having to follow waypoints.  Just a big firefight to the point of *needing* to scavenge dead friendlies/enemies for ammo.

Anyone working on something like that?

Kaliyuga

Re:Defensive missions
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2003, 00:49:12 »
http://www.freewebs.com/wolfsmissions/completedmissions.htm

go here... and download light defence .... it's fooking awesome ;)

I think I might have to go play it now as a matter of  fact...

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 00:49:59 by Kaliyuga »

delaware

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2003, 01:44:59 »
Just got done with it... very good.  The simplicity of it was just great, but I would've preferred less armor for more infantry.

All in all, a good mission.

Thanks!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2003, 08:04:59 »
Just put out a few squads on Nogova and put some WP to each other. I do that every time IÂ'm bored and just want a simple shootout. ;)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2003, 09:42:53 »
  I hope you'll excuse me, but I feel the need to make a shameless plug for my mission, here. It's called Platoon Commander, and can be found using the link in my signature. Now, don't let the name turn you away: you are commanding about 35 men, but you don't really have to do much.
  The plot is simple: lay an ambush for a convoy set to reinforce the enemy. You have a squad of twelve men, and you can order your six other teams of four to move. You get as much time as you want to set up your ambush, then you radio in and the convoy moves. Basically, after you set up your men, its just one big shootout between you and a hundred soviet men and tanks. Then you radio for extraction and make your dramatic escape. Lots of exciting custom music. Kinda like an action movie at times. I love playing it, even though I've played it a million times. But maybe i have a bit of a bias... :-*
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

delaware

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2003, 08:26:56 »
Thanks for the responses.

Armstrong, I do the same as you but it gets boring fast when I know exactly what's going to happen.  I'm still learning more about editing, so hopefully I can figure out randomization soon.

Barron, I'm downloading your mission now.  I'll let you know what I think when I try it out, but from your description, it sounds tremendous.

Have a good one.

delaware

« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2003, 09:45:04 »
Awesome mission, Barron.  I don't mind having to set up some squads like that when adequate time is given, and the way everything works in the mission is neat.  I haven't been successful yet though; still experimenting with different positions.

Thank you.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2003, 11:47:07 »
Hey, thanks for playing. I'm still waiting for it to be posted on OFPEC :)

Try placing your men up in the hills on the east side, so they don't have to cross the valley when you radio for extraction. But watch out; the enemy infantry on the flanks will run over those hills, so be ready to take them out too. Make sure you place your mines well. And a well placed satchel charge in the middle of the ammo trucks will take out half the convoy  :D
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!