Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Landrover 110  (Read 48360 times)

DeLiltMon

Re:Landrover 110
« Reply #300 on: 02 Jan 2003, 00:03:46 »
And a close up of the big ole .50 on the back of the Wolf (according to the site I got the pic from that is a SUSAT mounted on it)

Wires

« Reply #301 on: 02 Jan 2003, 08:53:49 »
If you need any help with weapons on your Landys DeLiltMon I'd be glad to help out  ;) , you can have a ring mount m2 or gimpy I have one on the LRPV already  :)

Speaking of which it is coming along quite well just fixing up the placement of the MAG58 and cleaning up the M2 mount. Then it's all to be textured.

Wires

Mr_Shady

« Reply #302 on: 02 Jan 2003, 16:53:24 »
It's a shame BIS didn't code missile capability into wheeled vehicles, a Landy with a Milan tube would be really cool for buggering the enemy's armour up   :(

DeLiltMon

« Reply #303 on: 02 Jan 2003, 20:43:32 »
If you need any help with weapons on your Landys DeLiltMon I'd be glad to help out   , you can have a ring mount m2 or gimpy I have one on the LRPV already  

Speaking of which it is coming along quite well just fixing up the placement of the MAG58 and cleaning up the M2 mount. Then it's all to be textured.

Wires

Cheers mate any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't got a clue where to start with it

Wires

« Reply #304 on: 03 Jan 2003, 01:04:29 »
Adding a ring mount is pretty easy really, all you need to do is grab the M113 turret and gun and all the corresponding memory points. Paste them on your model and position as necessary. Then all I did was squash the armour around the ring mount to make it look right and moved the gun and proxy around until the guy fitted in. If you want a tripod type mount do a similar thing with the M2 tripod mount. It's all about the memory points and selections. Look at the config for the JeepMG and there's the code for the gunner positionm as well.

I could send you the LRPV as an example if you like DeLiltMon  ;) least I could for you seeing as it's mostly your model.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #305 on: 03 Jan 2003, 14:07:41 »
Arse I forgot the M113 was in the demo! Doh!  :(
I wouldn't mind a look at the LRPV, my copy looks a bit bare with an empty pintle mount on the back  ;)
Who created the MAG58/GPMG/FN MAG model that I stuck on the front? I'd like to use it on the landies

It's a shame BIS didn't code missile capability into wheeled vehicles, a Landy with a Milan tube would be really cool for buggering the enemy's armour up  
Yeah I suppose we'll just have to stop and get out to do it  ;)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #306 on: 03 Jan 2003, 14:16:52 »
Wires m8 you guys make the LRPV a Aussie version ???
If so please make a UK version to for us UK lovers please m8 with a machinegun of course ;)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #307 on: 03 Jan 2003, 19:49:38 »
Wires m8 you guys make the LRPV a Aussie version
If so please make a UK version to for us UK lovers please m8 with a machinegun of course  
It's only the Aussies that use the LRPV it's specially made by Land Rover Australia the British SAS use this:

Apparently the SAS are not using the Wolf as yet, all but one of the 110's made for the Gulf are still in service.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #308 on: 04 Jan 2003, 00:07:12 »
Started work on the armed Wolf, got a bit more work to do on the roll cage and the mount for the Gimpy on the front needs remodeling as I just cut the front end off the LRPV and spliced it with the back end of the open 110 so I supose what your looking at is a cut and shut - DeLiltMon's Dodgy Motors open for business ;)
The .50 works thanks to Wires for reminding me that the M113 model came with the demo and I need to find out who made the Gimpy model so I can ask for permission to use it.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #309 on: 04 Jan 2003, 00:08:09 »
It moves!

Mr_Shady

« Reply #310 on: 04 Jan 2003, 01:39:26 »
Are you doing the old-style Pinkies with the old pintle-mouted .50? Chuck a few U/S GPMGs and maybe make a Mark 19 armed one, and I'll get off your back for a bit  ;)

Oh, and hey, before I forget, you're in charge of D Sqn now Lilty, I'm buggering off to A Sqn to raz around on Kawasakis and drive stripped-down Landies  ;D

Jeez, promotion and command in one week! Us head shed boys are getting soft sitting in the officer's mess knocking back sherry  ;)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #311 on: 04 Jan 2003, 13:19:00 »
A word of advice Deliltmon...

You have to open up the right hand side rear door (All wolfs are at least 3 point exit)

And it may be an idea to open up the back ramp too ;)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #312 on: 04 Jan 2003, 16:45:16 »
Hmmmm, I don't suppose you've got any pics showing the side opening? All the pics I've found look like the rear body is the same as the soft and hard top Wolf  :-\ I'll definately open the tailgate though.

And Kooky yes I will be doing the Gulf period 110 pinkie - I saved a copy of the model just after I opened up the side doors, I was thinking of doing a version with a working pintle mounted .50 and a dummy Gimpy and one with a dummy .50 and a working front mounted Gimpy and maybe one with a Mk19 Grenade Launcher

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #313 on: 04 Jan 2003, 17:03:54 »
hmmm, nice piccys matey....

looks like the "official info" (from landy) was wrong... HMPFH.... *grumbles*

Mr_Shady

« Reply #314 on: 04 Jan 2003, 20:14:38 »
Huzzah!  :D