Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Landrover 110  (Read 48221 times)

DeLiltMon

Landrover 110
« on: 20 Aug 2002, 12:26:37 »
Yay, OPFEC is back up and I've decided to move my topic in here as it's no longer an idea but a big lump of 3d model!
First topic on the board too  ;D
Havent got any progress pics as Milkshape is knackered again, bl00dy registration crap, this is the second time it's "expired" even though it's registered!  >:( Think I'll give up on it and use GMAX, only problem is I've gotta get it working so I can convert the model  :(
I'll try and remeber to post all the pics I put up on the old forum tonight so you can have something to look at while I try and fix Milkshape.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2002, 12:36:14 by DeLiltMon »

Mr_Shady

Re:Landrover 110
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 01:17:38 »
Hey DeLiltMon!

I hope everything works out soon and goes smoothly from this point on, your Landy is the only decent addon that's in the works IMHO. All we need after this is a few tanks, a couple of helis and some decent soldiers and weapons, and us Brits can all kick Russian a$$ happy in the knowledge that there are no Americans around to spoil it for us.  ;)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:14:24 »
Thanks Shady, there's a rumour going through the BIS Forums that O2 maybe released soon  :D I just hope it's true.
Gonna try and remove all trace of Milkshape from my machine tonight and then download the latest trial version. If O2 is on it's way I wont need Milkshape anymore, except to convert the model to a format that can be used by O2 - after that there will be a ceremonial deleting of Milkshape cos it really is a pile of shite!

We'll always need yanks about with all their technology, say, does anyone know of a good "friendly fire" script?  :P (And before anyone starts a flame war here THIS IS A JOKE, A HUMOUROUS COMMENT)
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2002, 12:16:17 by DeLiltMon »

MrCrispPacketII

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:31:44 »
Go into RegEdit into your Windows file and edit your registry - that's were progs like Milkshape keep the details of when the program was installed so people can only use it once. Delete all entries of "Milkshape" and then search the "InstallShield" file for the installation file for "Milkshape" - delete that too. Then reinstall et voila! - hopefully, I've not tried it with M3D but it works on other progs with similar expiry systems.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 17:50:41 »
Hey again!

I thought modern computers were supposed to be simple to maintain! And my new ninja P4 1.0 gig with all the trimmings runs slower than an astmhatic ant with some heavy shopping bags because XP needs to have a little think every time I try to do TWO THINGS AT ONCE!! As in simultaneously!

Oh, and on the American thing, I'm not having a go at our ex-colonials, but how the heck can you mistake a wedding for a group of Taliban fighters shooting at you? :hmm:  I mean, once mistook a cow for a very unhealthy looking horse, but at least my excuse came in several bottles with "40% Proof" on them.

Oh, and DeLiltMon, any chance of one of those great army Harleys after you finish up your Landy? No pressure, just a thought. I'll post a piccy of one if I find it

Mr_Shady

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 17:55:34 »

[This Attachment has been Deleted By Routine Maintenance]

Jimmy_james

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2002, 02:01:13 »
hahahaha is that piece fast cos i wana dive bomb it off the rocky's map!

Marksman

« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2002, 10:09:32 »
This websites got quite a few pics of Landy 110's and 130's in different 'modes'

Its the Turkish military versions i think, but still handy as i reckon the only differences would be in the lettering styles, and there's NATO specs at the bottom of each pic

Website here

DeLiltMon

« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2002, 11:11:11 »
Hmmm looks like Turkey uses standard landies apart from the 130 Rapier Tractor, which could be Ex-MOD since they are now being disposed of in favour of the M548 based all in one unit.

Stu35

« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2002, 15:20:50 »
A Defender 110 - the ultimate vehicle, can take 17 (yes one seven) Queens own Highlanders from London to Inverness in complete comfort...

well the comfort bit is a lie, but it is still an excellent vehicle.

And for reasons for gloating my comp is 2.2 GHZ, 40 Gigs Hard Drive, 256 RAM, 128 Graphics card...
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 15:43:01 by King Stu »

Marksman

« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:32:03 »
I was havin a look round that site, and found some more Landy's

More Landy pics

Go to the Weapons for ground forces page
(scroll down, the Landy's are no.'s 24, 25 and 26

Landrover 130 Rescue Vehicle

This ones gotta be my favourite though:

106mm Recoiless Rifle on a Landrover 90 anyone??  ;D

Marksman
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2002, 20:45:15 by Marksman »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2002, 16:10:05 »
The great thing about the Landy is that it's so adaptable. It can be used as anything from a utility truck to a FAV to a gun tractor. And it fits on aircraft, unlike a certain American 4x4...
The point of this post? Well, none really, I just thought that the adaptability of the Landy means that if DeLiltMon vows never to model again (which would be a blow to the modelling community, as he's making a useful vehicle, no a Nimitz or a B-52), if he lets someone edit his Landy, then we could quite feasibly have everything from open/covered wagons to SAS style FAVs and even Northern Ireland-style Macralon armoured Landies!

Which would be nice  ;D

I think the armoured Landy would be great in a British campaign, say if the locals hate the squaddies, which they seem to do until there's a war on and the squaddies do what they have been trained for.  >:(

Stu35

« Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2002, 22:47:09 »
uhhh he aint the only one making land rovers mate,

the falklands war mod is having about 4 made for the mod - i cant fully remember but i think were having a defender 110 LWB and SWB, and a defender 90, LWB and SWB.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:40:31 »
I didn't say he was the only guy making a Landy, sorry if I gave that impression.

Any pics up of the Falklands Mod Landies yet? I'm dying to drive a 110 in the game, cause the jeep is too weedy, the hummer's too big and the UAZ is frankly cr@p  ::)

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:21:06 »
BUMP