Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More bullets, less hits, more wounded, more real?  (Read 16207 times)

hurlothrumbo

Re:More bullets, less hits, more wounded, more real?
« Reply #30 on: 19 Apr 2003, 20:37:11 »
I cant test this myself but isn't the way the MG (Not the tripod) is facing set with Setfacedir instead of setdir?

hurlothrumbo

« Reply #31 on: 02 May 2003, 02:56:39 »
Status report?  This is a really cool idea

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #32 on: 03 May 2003, 03:01:29 »
This sounds amazing. :o
I'm looking for scripts to make my AI more of a chalenge to the player, I found some great ones, plus some others I allready had, but this one... I really fancy that one ;D
I just downloaded the demo mission from the first page to check it out, but I can't wayt for the updated script.
SCREWBY!!!

Ace

« Reply #33 on: 04 May 2003, 20:26:22 »
Quality.
I'll test it when I get back but it sounds real cool

hurlothrumbo

« Reply #34 on: 05 May 2003, 11:52:22 »
I've used the preliminary version in one of my missions (given Zayfod credit of course)
Works great :)

hurlothrumbo

« Reply #35 on: 23 May 2003, 16:13:12 »
update plz??

R3dF0x

« Reply #36 on: 21 Jun 2003, 23:41:30 »
Can't you position a gamelogic right in front of the barrel, make the machinegunner target it, and then move the gamelogic from side to side?

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #37 on: 23 Jun 2003, 09:39:12 »
Code: [Select]
Can't you position a gamelogic right in front of the barrel, make the machinegunner target it, and then move the gamelogic from side to side?
errm why  ???

Yeah for sure you can do something like that, but to avoid
doing such unconventional work around, Zayfod has made
this excellent script here.

btw - for those who are bumping for updates here:

this is fully functional, and the discussion about enhancing
it shouldn't prevent of using it like it is right now.

If you read this thread carefully, you may even find enought
explanations/analysis to modify this script upon your wishes.
If you aren't "scripter" enough, use it as it is, be happy, and
when there's an updated version available be even more happy.  ;)

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

CptBravo

« Reply #38 on: 25 Jul 2003, 21:27:37 »
I have a question. If I want to add a script in the init field of the created units .. how do I do that? I added one between the quotes and I kept getting an error.

Its the spray script that I am trying to add to each individual created unit.

Here is what I have:

;begin script

_pos = _this select 0
_grp = _this select 1

"sdoc_uce_russianOfficer" createunit [getpos _pos,_grp,"",1,"LIEUTENANT"]
"sdoc_uce_russianMedic" createunit [getpos _pos,_grp,"this addeventhandler ["fired", {_this exec "spray.sqs"}]",0.5,"SERGEANT"]
"sdoc_russianMachinegunnerRPK74" createunit [getpos _pos,_grp,"this addeventhandler ["fired", {_this exec "spray.sqs"}]",0.2,"CORPORAL"]
~1
_units = units _grp
_grp setformation "LINE"
_grp setbehaviour "AWARE"
_grp setcombatmode "GREEN"
"_x allowfleeing 0" foreach _units

#loop
?(("Alive _x" count _units) == 0): "deletevehicle _x" foreach _units; exit
~random(10) + 10
goto "loop"

Any help is grrrrrrrreatly appreciated!

TrackenHit

« Reply #39 on: 07 Aug 2003, 05:21:47 »
We need more updates in this thread! I really wanted to see this in action, even though I'm trying to make it work in 1.46.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #40 on: 02 Oct 2003, 08:37:25 »
Try the SEB Nam pack if you want to see how weapons should work in this game. I just started playing with it, and I LOVE it! The weapons aren't perfectly accurate, and firefights are really extended. I wish all addon makers would emulate that pack. But in the meantime, this type of script works alright with other units. I'm still working on a much better script similar to this, but I'll post it when its ready to be tested.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #41 on: 22 Oct 2003, 21:50:56 »
First post... :)

Just thinking for applications of this script..

I am making a map (Mainly for me, as it's my first proper mission, and it prob won't be that good..), but anyway - I am going to try this script out in a Black Hawk Down (Not based on the real events, a, how can I descibe, "If you could go back to the begning with lessons learned from the errors of the first [mission]")

The main prob, firstly is that the enemy (West units, for now, but I will download a few enemys that look more SomolianSpelling..?) - Are FAR to accutate - Most of the time (According to the book, film, and if you think about it) the Skinnies (Somonlians) have basicly no training, they just jamp out, randomly fired, and ran away... There were basicly no trained soldiors (Only a few ex-assasin type people, who belong to other clans, but even they are not stong enough to put up a long first with 15+ highly trained  special forces soldiors..).. So this scipt is a good starting point for the random fire :)
The other prob (Which is similar to the main prob) is that only 18 americans were killed (And a couple og them had severe injuries, but died later, after they couldn't get a medivac to them, and one( ?) died in hospital) - Only a few were shot dead then and there - Most were injured -- Another thing this script would help achive

Other apps. In close quater, with some units with very low accurcy..

Crouched behind some ruble that used to belong to a house, but the bommings blew them apart like a paper model - Bullets hitting the remains of the wall - Making dust fall on your dusty, bloody face - It stings your eyes, red as you've not slept for 2 days, you were to excited and scared - You move along the wall, the shooting continues in your previous location - You jump out, dropping the gun man, who firing like a maniac at the bit of wall - The rest of the group relieses you've moved, but also noticed the rest of the partol - your partol - comming up the steet - Some fire at the partol - One at you - Lead flys about you - A bullet just narowly avoids you - But since you've been taking aim at the gun man - You pull the trigger - A single shot in the head sends him down like a bag of stones -  Your partol has hit one of the remaing two in the group.. - The other one, young, with an AK runs of - You take aim, but hes screaming - Scared - Drops his weapon and runs round a corner - Seconds later an enemy runs out and graps the weapon  - Your partol - Who have just reached you - Fire at him - Droping him - His hand twitches... - You move out - Looking for the RZ..

Sorry - Got a bit carried away ;) Sorry if anything doesn't make sense - I'm too tired to go over it again :P

You should get the idea...

Erm - Simply - Random firing and low accurcy - With a few more accurate (These would take longer to fire, as they take aim) - But may be able to get a single shot death in - But rarely

- Ben

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #42 on: 22 Oct 2003, 21:57:55 »
BTW - SOrry if anything I have just posted has been suggested/talked about before.. Just noticed there are another two pages... ::)

Sorry
- Ben

Johan_D

« Reply #43 on: 11 Nov 2003, 00:15:50 »
This works well, and is awesome!
Thanks a lot!

Is the script at the first post the latest script?

Johan

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #44 on: 29 Nov 2003, 23:17:34 »
this script is great, and i thought it couldnt get any better, well i was wrong.

if you Have the ECP mod, and (or?) the Dynamic Range sound thing that you can get on the ECP page, i suggest trying this using the ECP mod, it makes it sound so cool and when your in slomo and a unit gets hit and blood comes flying off it it looks impressive :D