Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEBNamPack2.1 ?  (Read 1741 times)

Aeon

SEBNamPack2.1 ?
« on: 07 Mar 2003, 04:12:45 »
Ballisitic addons are amazing and deserve full attention. Their author are humans (yes they are!) and they cannot be behind their computer all day all night. Perhaps SEB team is too busy with BAS addon

In this case let me know! I mean I could tweak the sebnampack2 to sebnampack2.1
It would be the basic sebnampack2 with few minor improvements :

SEBNAMPACK2.1 features :
=======================
- Fixed: Ambient sound by day
- Added: Flammable huts
- Improved: RPG-2 and LAW are now able to fire on infantry target (LAW only if no rifle ammo left)
=======================

Update will be compatible with missions built with the previous pack.
BUT FOR MULTIPLAYER MODE YOU NEED TO OVERWRITE ADDON

List of files modified in 2.1 version :
- sebnam_ia_trang.pbo
- sebnam_obj.pbo
- sebnam_wp.pbo

The file's name will remain the same but you could differentiate them because in 2.1 version they will be written in capital letter ( SEBNAM_IA_TRANG.PBO , SEBNAM_OBJ.PBO , SEBNAM_WP.PBO )

Ok guys what you think about that ? suggestions ?
off course I won't work on it neither release it until I get SEB permission, but I hope they will read this post and reply

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
Re:SEBNamPack2.1 ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2003, 05:09:06 »
Basically i like the idea, BUT there should not be such small updates for SEB NAM make a SEB NAM 3 PACK including the bug fixes, some new buildings (i think you did some).  One or two new NAM island if they are good. The Napalm AddOn, good missions and the Airplanes Pack.

I think that is worth a download for everybody instead of creating a new version for every small  bugfix will lead to the same situation as we have with a lot of AddOns: you spend two hours downloading and installing AddOns, before you are able to have 10 min of fun.

I personally like the big (as big as possible Packs) so the mission maker can say it runs on all OFPs with xxx Pack and not have to supply a twelve meter list of addons. Also the costumer what to have a lot mission run with the same xxx Pack.

Greetings
Kuro
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2003, 05:10:17 by Kuro »

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2003, 07:33:19 »
Yes I like the idea, but as Kuro said small packs are a pain in the a$$... :-\ Reminds me of the time when 'Nam gaming on OFP was just starting and we had all those one unit downloads. And there was a sh!t load of them too. ;D
Now when we have NP2 it's like a dream come true. Everything we need in one big pack. And if the pack is going to be updated, then it should be a big update. Like all bugs (not necesarilly all but most of them) fixed in a big update with new units.
What i'm trying to say is that you should send your objects (they are cool and I like them a lot :) ) to the SEB team and they could put them in the update with the Aircraft and Armour Modules. This would be really cool and it would be one big pack instead of one small one. :)
No offense but this would be the best. And I also would like to hear the status of SEB team. ;D Is the light shining on us 'Nam grunts? :o ::) ;D :P

Hawki
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2003, 07:33:52 by Hawki »

Aeon

« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2003, 13:05:55 »
This IS NOT SEBNamPack3
This IS NOT the SEBAircraft module neither SEBArmored module

I know you wish (as I wish) have something more than a small update but I'm not member of SEB team, just a poor-skilled guy trying to make the game keep going ahead

About features in update I would like to fix every bug...if I knew how to proceed. Once again if someone from SEB team remembers few bug and can fix them : please let me know!

I will not insert new .PBO or .P3D file and make the pack heavier than it is actually. It's just an update to 2.1 so it will affect only existing files.
No addon will be added EXCEPT IF SEB TEAM recommends me some (like they done with CoC_Mines)

If you have SEBNamPack2 you will just have to download the 2.1 update -not the whole pack- (14Mo)

-----

Now waiting for SEB directive.
but, if you dudes, don't want a "too small" update and prefer to wait -maybe forever- for the next SEBNAMPACK3...I stop right now and forget about that update  :-X

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #4 on: 07 Mar 2003, 16:49:21 »
;D

Well if you're gonna fix all the bugs like the Ia Trang forest's invisible walls that stop bullets then I think you should make the update. ;D :) But of course only if SEB team says ya can do it. ;) But I'm with you on this one. :)

Hawki

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2003, 02:52:29 »
heya guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates and info on the Nam Pack additions/fixes. All of SEB has been busy with addons for BAS and also RL has been pretty time-demanding recently.

There are alot of grand plans for the Pack and hopefully we will get time to put them into effect.

I understand that the lack of updates can be frustrating as there are many holes and bugs in the pack which need doing in order to let mission makers make even better missions.

My preference is for one large update sometime in the "near" (fingers crossed) future where the main bugs with NP2 can be addressed and new content added.

What's I'd like people to do is to continue work on their nam era addons so that we can include them as is or intergrate them fully into the nam pack (with full credit of course). Aeon, your support has been wonderful and keep up the good work, be assured that we would love to include the addons you make (size limitations need to be considered of course).

Sorry again for the lack of time frames but RL comes first.

SelectThis

Nokic

« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2003, 15:07:57 »
Ok, first, hi everybody,
Sorry, but what's RL? Never heard from it.
I have so "good" ;D ideas, but i can't do it, cuz I'm busy at school  :-\
And btw, Aeon, I need to add you in ICQ, wanna talk a little about your "Hardcore" Campaign ;D

Greetz

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2003, 17:50:21 »
RL = Real Life ;D

We all have it. Right? ::) :P ;D

Hawki

Nokic

« Reply #8 on: 11 Mar 2003, 18:14:54 »