Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Claymores?  (Read 1797 times)

PFC_Mike

Claymores?
« on: 29 Aug 2002, 07:49:59 »
Maybe this would be possible, assuming one can set the amount of shrapnel and it's trajectories.

Would be especially cool for a Vietnam LRRP ambush.

Mike

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
Re:Claymores?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2002, 07:52:10 »
There has been a bit of talk about this, cant we do it like we do the shotgun ???
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...

Eviscerator

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2002, 07:57:45 »
its definately makeable, i have a working claymore on my computer :) i think it should be in the next realism pack...

tai mai shu

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2002, 08:39:58 »
just delete it.

well, in the "ammo explosion" script, (find it in general editing)

he uses this weird curve command, that causes shrapnel and debris to fly in a specific curve. this could be custom tailored to suit he trajectory of ball bearings flying from the clymore mine.

you could also do a thing (using the getdir (claymore), and distance commands) where anything 50 meters or less in a 30 degree cone from the claymroe has a 99 percent chance of death, anything 75 meters or less has 50 percent chance of death, 100 percent chance of maiming., anything 100 meters out or less is 10 percent chance of death and 50 percent chance of maiming

Chomps

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2002, 18:28:10 »
its definately makeable, i have a working claymore on my computer :) i think it should be in the next realism pack...

Or maybe released separately...  ;D

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2002, 00:04:15 »
its possible - in the same way grenades kill in ofp - its the 'kill zone'

basically make any1 in acertain range of the mine become injured or dead - although im not sure if u can specify a direction - unless Evis has that working.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2002, 00:58:15 »
well its aaron ash's not mine :)

PFC_Mike

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2002, 06:21:27 »
If anyone can make a working one, please try to get it into the Nam Pack 2.0. I wanna frag the NVA, a platoon at a time.