Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LAV  (Read 3006 times)

Wires

Re:LAV
« Reply #15 on: 05 Mar 2003, 01:59:58 »
Sure you can make it but they will not function correctly. I had a good look at the BTR-70 and as I suspected - No commander, no hatches, no driver optics, gunner optics don't zoom  ::)

The fact that the driver has no optics alone makes it almost impossible to make and still have a human player drive without having to use 3rd person :(

If you would read the thread I posted earlier Sigma6 explains it very well I thought. Seems the only real option is to have the LAV behave like a tank which is very disappointing indeed, curse BIS and their short sighted coding.

Eviscerator

« Reply #16 on: 05 Mar 2003, 06:26:49 »
Sure you can make it but they will not function correctly. I had a good look at the BTR-70 and as I suspected - No commander, no hatches, no driver optics, gunner optics don't zoom  ::)

Commanders can be added to most vehicles AFAIK, even helicopters, it was probably just not put in as it wasnt needed, hatches can be made with custom animations with a script linking to an animation change...driver optics probably can be made, they can be made on most vehicles, if the gunner has one i find it hard to believe the driver couldnt have one, and the gunner optics dont zoom because they were made to not zoom, the fact the optics even work means they can zoom. So there is nothing stopping an LAV 25 type LAV  being made.

Wires

« Reply #17 on: 05 Mar 2003, 07:07:57 »
ok ok, I'm going to take this info into the ADF addon factory and see what I can do with it. Hopefully there will be an ASLAV  ;D maybe you shoudl post your thoughts over at ONS Evis would help them out a lot I would think.

bringer_25

« Reply #18 on: 05 Mar 2003, 16:42:47 »
hey i think we need a new one, i don't like their lav

C598

« Reply #19 on: 08 Mar 2003, 07:29:11 »
Huh?

Whats with all the Canadian LAV-IIIs?

I'm want a USMC LAV-25.