is someone making a LAV

Grimesy

Re:LAV
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:32:34 »
Do you like this??

suchey

« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2003, 19:15:32 »
Id like to see an LAV as well!  I cant believe that one of these hasnt been done yet!

DeLiltMon

« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2003, 19:19:12 »
Nice model Grimsey  8)

Wires

« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2003, 01:16:49 »
Well Operation North Star (http://www.operationnorthstar.com/) are making a canadian version of the LAV and the ADF Mod (see link in signature) are also making a LAV in the ASLAV configuration. The main problem is the wheeled vehicle with gun turret sights issue. Currently being worked on by both addon teams. This bug can be seen in the G8 mod's (http://www.ofp.info/G8/) Centauro B1 wher you cannot use any gun sights as the gunner  :-\. ONS have apparantly been working with Suma to get a work around  ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2003, 07:37:27 »
Technicals! :D

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2003, 11:24:03 »
Very great looking model Grimesy. Nice for some Blackhawk Down missions. Although there were no technicals is mog at the time of the operation (they made thatup to make the movie more interesting. In real live the UN told the skinnies that if they, the UN, would see a technical of some sort they would sent out a Cobra attack helicopter to blast it), It will be great fun. And it can also be used for some regular missions with the resistance.

One more thing; try to use a gunsound closer to the movie sounds then the BIS sounds.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2003, 23:36:52 »
Although there were no technicals is mog at the time of the operation (they made thatup to make the movie more interesting.

RU Sure? :hmm:

Wires

« Reply #8 on: 04 Mar 2003, 00:49:35 »
Bad news guys seems that ONS will not be releasing their Coyote because of engine issues  :'( Which is a great shame as any of you who have seen it would know. Check the link below about half way down Sigma explains the problems in detail. Technicals however would have none of these problems.

http://www.operationnorthstar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=271

mattmayhem

« Reply #9 on: 04 Mar 2003, 01:41:43 »
Then how did they make that italian LAV and the BTR-80?

Wires

« Reply #10 on: 04 Mar 2003, 06:04:02 »
If you get the italian LAV and have a play with it you'll notice all the things that couldn't be done  ;) eg you don'r have ANY optics as the gunner  ::)

Eviscerator

« Reply #11 on: 04 Mar 2003, 20:48:33 »
If you get the italian LAV and have a play with it you'll notice all the things that couldn't be done  ;) eg you don'r have ANY optics as the gunner  ::)

er, thats just something they fucked up, check the btr-70 addon, that has optics, they probably didnt do the coyote because it either needed a tank cannon or missiles...

suchey

« Reply #12 on: 04 Mar 2003, 21:36:12 »
so then it should be possible to do a LAV...correct?  The LAV generation III has:

Armament Primary: M242 25mm chain gun with TIS
Secondary: C6 7.62mm machine gun mounted coaxially to the main gun
Supplementary: C9 5.56mm machine gun pintle mounted
Ancillary Weapon: Two 76mm Smoke and Fragmentation Grenade Launchers

???????

Eviscerator

« Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 2003, 00:00:03 »
so then it should be possible to do a LAV...correct?

Yes

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2003, 00:13:30 »
the only probem that can't be solved, is that you cannot launch guided missiles from a wheeled vehicle. So you can't create the tank-buster LAV with twin TOW or the HMMWV with TOW.  

Wires

« Reply #15 on: 05 Mar 2003, 01:59:58 »
Sure you can make it but they will not function correctly. I had a good look at the BTR-70 and as I suspected - No commander, no hatches, no driver optics, gunner optics don't zoom  ::)

The fact that the driver has no optics alone makes it almost impossible to make and still have a human player drive without having to use 3rd person :(

If you would read the thread I posted earlier Sigma6 explains it very well I thought. Seems the only real option is to have the LAV behave like a tank which is very disappointing indeed, curse BIS and their short sighted coding.

Eviscerator

« Reply #16 on: 05 Mar 2003, 06:26:49 »
Sure you can make it but they will not function correctly. I had a good look at the BTR-70 and as I suspected - No commander, no hatches, no driver optics, gunner optics don't zoom  ::)

Commanders can be added to most vehicles AFAIK, even helicopters, it was probably just not put in as it wasnt needed, hatches can be made with custom animations with a script linking to an animation change...driver optics probably can be made, they can be made on most vehicles, if the gunner has one i find it hard to believe the driver couldnt have one, and the gunner optics dont zoom because they were made to not zoom, the fact the optics even work means they can zoom. So there is nothing stopping an LAV 25 type LAV  being made.

Wires

« Reply #17 on: 05 Mar 2003, 07:07:57 »
ok ok, I'm going to take this info into the ADF addon factory and see what I can do with it. Hopefully there will be an ASLAV  ;D maybe you shoudl post your thoughts over at ONS Evis would help them out a lot I would think.

bringer_25

« Reply #18 on: 05 Mar 2003, 16:42:47 »
hey i think we need a new one, i don't like their lav

C598

« Reply #19 on: 08 Mar 2003, 07:29:11 »
Huh?

Whats with all the Canadian LAV-IIIs?

I'm want a USMC LAV-25.