Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to activate a trigger...  (Read 387 times)

Nevres

How to activate a trigger...
« on: 27 Feb 2003, 19:33:16 »
i want a trigger to be activated when an enemy unit knows about me, or any other unit in my group, this is the situation, i want an enemy unit to shoot a flare when he knows that my group is out there, right now it works with the command enemyunit knowsabout me > 0, but i want him to shoot the flare when he knowsabout me or any other unit in my group not just me

Sol Fire

Re:How to activate a trigger...
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2003, 20:44:39 »
looks like this is the second time i will be answering a question  ;D

dont know how to make a flare shoot off but here is to make the unit shoot the flare if he detects a unit

in the trigger if you are west make it so its activated by west.. then set it from present to "Detected by East" if the soldier is russian or the other way around whatever the case may be now when the unit detects a unit of west or again.. whatever the case my be
he preforms the action you specify  ;)

that should help you :)

how to do the flare.. dont know :P

CrashnBurn

Re:How to activate a trigger...
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2003, 20:46:39 »
Skip the knowsabout command for now. Make a trigger of type East detected by west or West by East, or whatever group you're using. Group the trigger to the player. open the trigger properties and change vehicle to any group member. Make the trigger radius an appropriate size for the area you want detection to occur.

To make a unit fire a flare, in the 'on activation' of your trigger, put this:

unitname fire ["GrenadesMuzzle","Flare"]

Put the proper name for the unit you want to fire the flare, and make sure they have the right weapon and flare ammo.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2003, 20:51:47 by CrashnBurn »