Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: decent idea for a campaign and new island  (Read 2052 times)

PFC_Mike

decent idea for a campaign and new island
« on: 29 Aug 2002, 00:00:17 »
howabout chechnya, using Kegety's weapons and various other addons out there?

A_Happy_Sheep

Re:decent idea for a campaign and new island
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2002, 02:29:34 »
No offence, Mike, but that's not an idea for a campaign, it's the name of a country/state. It's like myself saying, "I have an idea for a mission.... Liverpool"

What would happen in Chechnya?

PFC_Mike

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2002, 04:22:45 »
Ok, in recent years the Russian military has fought a seemingly endless war against seperatists in Chechnya. A lot of them have strong ties to Islamic fundamentalists.

Almost every type of Russian equipment has been used there. Shilkas, BTR-70s, any small arm, tank, or chopper made by the Russians is in use there.

This hypothetical campaign would have you play as a Russian soldier who rises through the ranks, fighting as a guy in a mechanized infantry unit, an OMON unit, and finally as a Spetznatz.

The setting would include rubble-filled urban areas filled with ruined apartments and burned out vehicles, as well as open country with forests, valleys, and rivers w/bridges.

First, urban areas like Grozny would make good use of the new apartment building models, although making a new, O2 version of a damged or destoyed one would help.

New rock formations might help with the wilderness areas.

The only new addons needed other than static objects would be the BTR series of APCs, maybe a new helicopter or two, some different camo for the Russians (the Chechnyans would probably wear similar stuff) and a couple different missles for Russian Su-25's.

I've seen a lot of photos of Russian troops with scoped AR's so Kegety's Soviet Weapons Pack would be a nice thing to include (with His permission of course)

Sorry this is so long.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2002, 04:33:04 »
some different camo for the Russians (

try the UCE russian guys, theyre quite cool

Big-Boss

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:23:26 »
Yes, sounds very good. Always wanted a kind of open-area, but very urbanised mod.

FltSgt

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:53:08 »
So what is the campaign? All you've described is the setting.

PFC_Mike

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2002, 03:17:58 »
this time I'll try to be a bit more concise.

As a soldier, you'll fight across the country until you reach Grozny.

then the POV switches to the OMON trooper
who fights in Grozny and also at rebel camps in the country
and then finally to the Spetznatz, who do a bit of everything

but mostly it's urban warfare at it's finest.

like this.
http://www.pbase.com/image/1744352

really glad the US civil war was not that bad, chcechnya is a good place to move away from

Wires

« Reply #7 on: 02 Sep 2002, 02:20:48 »
I like this idea and hope it gets goin. The blown-up buildings and rubble ect would make a very good battle field (well not good but very dangerous!).

Wires