Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Modern MARPAT Marines  (Read 2950 times)

Wires

Re:Modern MARPAT Marines
« Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2003, 08:08:54 »
You could merge the hand to the arm either straight merge or make a connecting peice that may look ok

suchey

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2003, 15:50:21 »
I tried to merge the arms and wrist, but the wrist rotates too far it seems in the LAW position.  It actually rolls over 90 degrees from its normal position, so merging the arms makes it flat when the wrist rolls.  the problem area is at the bottom right of the wrist so merging only that area doesnt do much good either as it just pulls the sleeve too far under the launcher.  Im quickly coming to the conclusion that this is just an issue with the soldiers that is going to be there regardless.  Ill keep playing around with it and see if I can come up with something.  I really appreciate the suggestions and was hoping it would work.  Thanks.  

In regard to the rest of the progress, things are going well with the project.  I will be working on getting the sniper moving along soon.  I actually had a sniper ready to go, but Im not satisfied with the look at all so Im restarting from scratch with him.  Earls weapons are on the move as well...Im having alot of fun with those in game and cant wait to be able to use them online with others.  So far I only have the betas of the M16a4 and its various scopes...these bad boys deffinately make the M16 a worth while weapon again as opposed to the default OFP M16.  

A couple of side notes...as I will personally be using these units primarily in adversarial multiplayer, I will be keeping that in mind as progress continues.  Blood textures are also coming along nicely...I went in a bit of a different dirrection with these so I hope folks like it.  Ill probably post some pics of those in the near future.  In the meantime, I welcome any suggestions or comments folks may have.  I really appreciate the response from the community thus far!  Ill continue to do my best in keeping the community up to date on our progress with these.  Please also feel free to contact us or post addtional feedback in the forums at my site www.digitalgrenade.com.  More to come!  

suchey

« Reply #17 on: 03 Mar 2003, 04:23:11 »
I updated the screen shit...this pic is for Ferret Fangs who was asking about the scout sniper.  The basics are based on the ghost recon sniper but as you can see its got a different look to it completely.  The remainder of the set up was based on pictures from the net.

suchey

« Reply #18 on: 06 Mar 2003, 08:17:11 »
updated shot..changed the ghille colors to be more OFP environment friendly...added a longer coat and foliage to the suit.