Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya  (Read 8431 times)

bigdog632

Re:Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya
« Reply #45 on: 05 Mar 2003, 04:36:54 »
too bad ya cant go from coop to dm when ya die by a zombie you become a zombie

O Neil

« Reply #46 on: 05 Mar 2003, 05:03:11 »
Hey wazzup !

(I think this topic could be locked..not sure, but it could)

Soz I couldn't get back for a while, we had a whole line of gay things happening. And I'm still busy.

I finished the cut-scene.........umm........atleast I think I did. No, I have finished it but it doesn't end, I still have to do that, but other than that, it should be good.

So I've put it in the attachment, it ain't my best, but It's alright.

O Neil

PS: I seriously need to find out how you can see a SCUD from long ranges (Cam_create ??) because it looks gay in the cut-scene. ;)
PPS: Sorry I called it sky virus, I forgot what we were doing ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #47 on: 05 Mar 2003, 07:16:31 »
you know big dog thats a pretty cool idea

O Neil is that the same as the one you sent me VIA Messenger? or did you work on it some more  ???

and in case it does get locked maybe we should talk about this through Email or something...(could use my message board too since it currently is "Dead" member wise untill i start Recruiting people to my BF1942 clan but that will be a while since 1.3 crashes my game)  ;)

if you want to move this topic over to my board for "Safe Keeping" we can just email me and i will email you guys back with the Link to my board

also be good incase we make a Sequal to this we will have a place to talk and this way my board is used aswell..  ;D

anywho try that lay weapons murph it should work and its real easy too

be great in this mission

right now i have a lot of free time though so how about coming up with a project for me to do like maybe a "Commercial" for the Sequel?
or something cause im bored of getting ideas... oh Murph can you make a Tutorial on how you made those shops etc.. and the eating too cause i would like to include those in a mission im working on

-Sol Fire

O Neil

« Reply #48 on: 05 Mar 2003, 07:29:28 »
Yea, but I did do a few things at the end. ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #49 on: 05 Mar 2003, 07:35:22 »
ok

Sol Fire

« Reply #50 on: 07 Mar 2003, 03:02:14 »
hey murph whats the latest?

if you have a good setup with the food/eating script could you send me it?
im working on a mission that would be great with that in it ;)

well i have OFP working again but im not going to install Res for a while.. and very little if any addons will be used in any of my missions from now on

murph when you finish this Zombie mission how about helping me out? im working on a mission and its in close to the first Beta stage and is real Simple for now but soon im going to be adding more features etc... so i will need help with it

fully Multiplayer and im thinking of adding a group of Resistance men to the game too so its 1vs1vs1 instead of just a 1 on 1 MP mission(each 1 is a team of 6 5 being AI)

not going to give out much Detail on this mission though

well i better get back to work.. cya

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: 07 Mar 2003, 23:24:18 »
Hey guys sorry bout not getting intouch for a while but iv been very busy latly witch allso means that there is no new news on the mission.so im still putting the eating feature in,and havent started on the shop thing :-\so ill bring you more news as i go and also i will help ya out with ur mission sol

O Neil

« Reply #52 on: 08 Mar 2003, 06:21:49 »
Hey

In the middle of my files somewhere, I found a ZOMBIE face ( you know, a setface  face) if you guys want it, I can send it to you/put it in the forums.

O Neil

PS: If you know how to put jpg faces on, in game, PLEASE TELL ME what to do, I put this setface "Face.jpg"  (Or something like that, it's in my command file somewhere) but it never shows up  :-\

O Neil

;) ;) ;)                                        ;)
                                ;)

;)  ;)                                                                ;)  ;)
                     ;) ;)                                                        ;) ;)
                          ;) ;)                                               ;) ;)
                              ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2003, 06:23:10 by O Neil »

O Neil

« Reply #53 on: 08 Mar 2003, 06:23:42 »
.........ok, that wa gay ;)

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: 09 Mar 2003, 18:04:32 »
right im still working on things having some proplems with removeaction command but the first beta version for The Skye Virus will be finished soon im glad to say ;D

Im going to put the ablitiy for the military to be able to order a evacuation of the island via the action menu.Then all the players must evacuate the island in a certain amout of time befor the intire island is nuked.

Thats it! more news soon ppl gotta get back to work on da mission now

Sol Fire

« Reply #55 on: 09 Mar 2003, 18:54:04 »
to Remove action

("Mans Name" removeaction "actions ID")

so say if i added the action like this :

ID1 = w1 addaction ["Set Flag","build.sqs"]
(ID1 being the action ID and w1 being the soldier im adding the action to)

i would remove it like this:

w1 removeaction ID1
and put that in the script at the end so when they build or use the script the action dissapears and you can also use the script to add a new action too

that should help ;)

thats what i used in my mission for the ability to set up base anywhere on the island allowing the player to always be somewhere else meaning its always a challenge to find/kill them etc..

that should work fine for you it did for me if it doesnt send me the script your working on and i will see if i can get it to work

Remember to remove the correct ID otherwise you'll keep setting the same thing over and over and get multiple actions

Well im going to go back to work i gotta find more features etc... to add to my mission

-Sol Fire
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2003, 18:56:09 by Sol Fire »

O Neil

« Reply #56 on: 10 Mar 2003, 02:11:06 »
"gotta find more features etc... to add to my mission"

.....like a zombie face ?

O Neil

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: 10 Mar 2003, 20:53:03 »
well iv finished it and its ready for testing!
and i wont bofer with da zombies face neil but thnx any way.So if any one is willing to put my mission up on there site plz pm or reply on this topic.

thnx,
     D.murphy

O Neil

« Reply #58 on: 11 Mar 2003, 04:57:01 »
I HAVE AN ANNOUCEMENT TO MAKE

On thursday the 13th of March 2003 galactice cycle 254642, I will be getting OpFlash RES and would no longer have to put up with 1.75 missions, ADDONS  >:(  and..........things !

This has been brought to you by a very happy O Neil

O Neil

PS: I hope I will at least........but I'm 90% sure I'll get it, useing my money, (Duh) getting mum to buy it, just hoping that it's not sold out, but I'm sure it won't be.
PPS: That would make it a later date then in which I will delete this post to hide my humiliation.
PPPS: ok I'm finished now ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #59 on: 11 Mar 2003, 23:27:12 »
good then you will be able to play the zombie mission with me.... still havnt had a chance to try it with someone... no fun without someone else to talk to so it doesnt have that role play type feel ;)

-Sol Fire