Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya  (Read 8430 times)

Sol Fire

Re:Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya
« Reply #30 on: 28 Feb 2003, 08:55:37 »
IM NOT ALONE ANYMORE!!!!

lol

;)

O Neil

« Reply #31 on: 28 Feb 2003, 09:08:07 »
You had D.Murphy man

Sol Fire

« Reply #32 on: 28 Feb 2003, 09:38:00 »
he is asleep i think.. anyway i might not be online for a few days murphy so just keep posting news on the mission and i will be back in 3 or less days

going to see my supermodel girlfreind in afgahnistan  ;D

actually im going to go out camping in this freezing Alaska winter

be back soon i hope.. cya later

Sol

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: 28 Feb 2003, 12:48:22 »
 :o*Yawns* Hey guys just got up.

Well i just started on Skye Virus and This time ill try and make it easyer to find guns(but not to easy ;)) sadly i dunno how to place guns by them selvs so thats why they had to me in ammo crates :-\but i will take your advise sol and place them in cars and stuff.

Also im trying not to use pistols but that civilian shot gun thing,you know the kolzice (or somthing like that) as you have to reload after every shot witch means you must get some distance between the zombies and you befor you shoot,So it forces you to run away most of the mission insted of just shooting every thing that moves.

Iv all ready tested it with some of my Game Spy buddies and it was very enjoyble.We found our selvs running up a road in the dark being chased by zombies after the fuel in our car ran out.

And finally Sol fire plz take your time to lern scipting i dident mean to rush you.Every thing i know about scipting i lernt from taking my time,i havent even read any tutorials on scripting,iv lernt it by looking at other ppls work,reading forums,asking for help and just messing around on the map editor.So plz take your time to lern its the best way to do it

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: 28 Feb 2003, 19:12:08 »
Well after a intire day working hard my fingers hurt.

Also i completed a beta test version of The Skye Virus!! ;D
it has police the military and civilians all playble.The police and military can allso build a barrier via the action menu.the civilians all start off in there own homes,and each of them have a empty ammo crate in there homes to store items in.I am thinking of having some sort of trading system insted of learning how to scipt a money scipt.so like they jus trade equipment with each other.or use summing like flares (or some other item) as currency
Example:
2 flares for a gun
5 flares for a car
ect...

if any one els would like to input there ideas and suggestions on this trading system or the mission in a hole pleas reply.

O Neil

« Reply #35 on: 28 Feb 2003, 22:06:43 »
Hey

I'm doing the cut-scene, but I'm not really sure what you guys want, and Sol FIre just told me to do something, and Murphy was too busy  :-\

I think someone mentioned scuds so I put them in there, and basically it's a overview of the mission, just so you get the idea of what happens. I'll probably have to get you guys to do the rest, like add in the Zombies for I only have 1.46   (   :gunman: RES).

Anyhoo, about the gun thing, could you just   setdammage   some guys with their guns? It would make it look like they've been killed/eaten 9Or whatever) and you can get their guns off them.

Just wondering.

O Neil ;)

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: 01 Mar 2003, 12:06:20 »
Well i havent got any idea for a cut-scene and also to make zombies just get some civilians and put in there init

This setdammage 0.80

instant zombie  ;D but as for ideas for a cut scene i aint got any sorry neil

Sol Fire

« Reply #37 on: 02 Mar 2003, 00:35:47 »
im back.. cancelled... rained today

anyway you can use a script i guess to lay guns around on the ground etc...

by the way.. before i left i had found something that helped me major core on learning scripting so im (        ) this much closer to learning script  ;)

im doing my best now that im back to find out how to use that script for laying guns on the ground etc.. i will let you know how when im done

as for the cutscenes i figured something not too complicated but not too simple either

anyway..... i will be on msn all day and night if you need tot alk to me or something.. meanwhile i will be working on my own scripted movie

for some reason i love making movies... and love watching them even more but i never make it to release it.. but i might in the future but for now im just having fun learning what i dont know

but i will get that script for you murphy and i will figure it out for you and also send me that skye virus if you havnt already.. going to check  my email now so if you havnt then do it whenever you can and we can progress through this mission

but i might take a break from OFP to play my hunting game so if my status is be right back then im hunting otherwise im on OFP or im looking for something for OFP

cya later and good luck on that cutscene neil.. i think maybe you should just make some cutscenes for intro/win/lose and send them to me and murph and maybe we can vote on them or if we think of some ideas you could include them to the cutscenes untill they are perfect

but anyway just try making some and maybe we will find the ones perfect for this mission cause since we dont know what we want just make it up

im sure they all will be great its just finding that certain "One" that will be hard  ;) i have faith in ya man..

well better stop yappin and start working.. god i missed OFP  :'(
 ;D

-Sol

O Neil

« Reply #38 on: 02 Mar 2003, 02:28:14 »
Lol, I guess your happy that it's cancelled, back into the warm.........what ever you live in  ::)

I like main vid missions to cause I suck at mission makin'

Lol, just lookin down and saying something back to all these lines of writing

Hunting game ! I seriously want one, does anyone know where I can download a good one WITHOUT having to pay or deeply subscribe to the site?

Anyhoo, About the cut-scene, I'm 90% done, about 5 mins long (Probably shorter). At the end, you'll see that the enemy are all spetznats. (Opps) Those are your zombies, cause I don't think that setdammage thing will work for me ( :gunman: RES) so you can just change them.

Anyhoo, I'll be goin then.

O Neil

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: 02 Mar 2003, 19:10:48 »
right peeps heres the latest news on my mission.

Its all most completed now just adding finishing touches.
Iv all so mannage to get my hands on a hunger scipt witch makes the player die if he dont 'eat' thanks to Harnu at the flashpoint 1985 forums.Ill be adding this scipt to the mission to force the players to fight each other for food.

I am allso planning to add the ablity to raid shops for stuff.Example would be raiding a camping shop will give you the option on your action menu to build a camp fire and tent,and raiding a gun shop will give ammo and maybe guns.

So thats bout it for now.but i need more ideas for shops and what they give you so any one got any suggestions??

Sol Fire

« Reply #40 on: 02 Mar 2003, 21:54:04 »
maybe libraries to learn how to set up the tents etc.. make it so you can use them untill you learn "HOW" to use them at a library?

Sol Fire

« Reply #41 on: 04 Mar 2003, 07:54:47 »
Zombie Mail Man? Brings The Mail for a Small Fee?  ;D

actually no that would be pretty stupid.. funny yet stupid  ;)
(Personally i would rig the mailbox with a bomb)

seriously though

didnt get much OFP time in today i first helped my dad out with some work he needed help with then i sat for 2 hours watching TV then a spent 30 minutes working on OFP then the rest of the time downloading stuff

think im burned out of OFP mission editing i need someone to kill!!
or atleast team up with

i updated to 1.91 now.. so far nothing has messed up

hey Murph how about me and you play the Skye or Everon Virus  ??? ... i seriously need a break from OFP editing and the only freind i have that owns OFP isnt able to play online lately and probly not for a few months more so im totally burned out and need a break  ;)

i want to  :gunman: Zombies!!!!!!
PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!! :help:
I'll let you shoot my legs so i have to crawl..  :beat:

:gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :beat:

i'll shoot yours...
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im over that now

anyway if you want to play let me know im ready anytime
(that im online that is)  ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #42 on: 05 Mar 2003, 00:49:41 »
yet Again i need some fun!!

im back to editing but im sure i will get bored again soon

oh murph im real close to knowing how to lay guns etc... on the ground i will let you knwo when i learn how

Sol Fire

« Reply #43 on: 05 Mar 2003, 01:02:48 »
found this

works too

try it out!!

Sol Fire

« Reply #44 on: 05 Mar 2003, 01:05:43 »
i suppose for on the ground instead of using table put a Game Logic