Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya  (Read 8440 times)

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Hey all.

Iv been playing OFP online alot lately but,im getting a bit bored of the usuall CTF,TDM or DM ect.. i want summing new,summing along the lines of C&R and civ role play.But there aint many mission likes thous sadly  So heres my idea.

How bout Zombies (ok dont click the little x in the coner just yet!hear me out first this could be good trust me) a island infested with zombies im thinking of skye island.so since this is MP youll have team mates witch you must meet up with and ecscape from the isalnd.
features could be:
*night and day cycle
*random weath change(mainly heavy fog for atmosphere ;))
*lack of ammo
*multiple ways of ecscaping witch the players must find there selvs

My second idea is a bit more complocated and was inspired by C&R and Civ role play.
This could also take place on Skye island but insted of the isalnd all ready being infested by zombies it starts befor the infestaion.
Players can choose there roles from soldiers,police and civilians.then,live there lives erning money and buying suplies for the inpending invasion.Then after a certain time the infection will begin and zombies will start from one end of the island invading some small town some where and moving on to the citys then intire island,then who ever chose the soldiers roles will have to protect the citys and town from the zombies,the civilans must try survive and the police must keep the order amongest the caos  .

Possible features:
*Civlians can kill each other then steal money off each other bodys (thus creating a jobs for the police and also another thing to worry about as well as zombies ;))
*night and day cycle as well as random weath change
*Being able to rob shops,houses,banks,cinimas,ect..(so whiles police r busy with zombies the civis can go cause some riots :P)
*Respawn intill the intire island gets conquerd by zombies.
*Soldiers r not very well equiped also soldiers can build barriers (like cops in C&R)
*soldiers and cops cannot steal money from civilians and civilians canot steal money from soldiers and cops

well thats it!If any one can think of any other ideas for this there welcomed to say.Allso i am attempting to make the first idea my self but sadly things aint going well at the moment  The second idea was directed towards any one who thinks they can possibly make it.It would be like a heavly modifide C&R + Civ role play missions.whever my second idea is possible in multiplayer is open for discussion.

P.S.If u dont like this idea plz dont flame me   and sorry for the ammount of writing and thank u for spending ur time reading it.

thanx,
     D.murphy man

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Scripting gurus get ur asses in here!! i got an idea for ya
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2003, 11:11:01 »
Just one thing: Death.

To get killed in this is going to be soooooooooooo boring. If yer killed in a normal Coop it only take a few min(except if yer admin hehe) but here itÂ's gonna take a lot of time before you get to play again. That often ends with 2 guys playing on the server cause every1 else left when they died.

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2003, 12:43:43 »
Well its more of a reason not to get killed then  ;)

but if u was say,making my second idea u would have respawn and when ur home town/city gets infested u respwan in the next closes town/city intill the island gets conquerd by zombies then u would have no respawn and then try take the island back or try and ecscape or summing along thous lines

O Neil

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2003, 04:18:12 »
Hey

I like  the idea (Although I'm too dumb to go online) and there was another post about makin zombie addons.

About your second idea, Sorry, I only read the first 4 sentances ::) but (If your gonna like, make a third idea/mission) You could make it that your a bodyguard outside a research center (In another post they're trying to make a embassy addon) and your guarding it (From gimbal tossers which are angry people, you know, like people agaisn't GE?) and then all of a sudden out comes the zombies because the experiment went bad..............................................ok, that's a gay idea, don't listen to me.
*Hangs himself

O Neil ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2003, 11:53:28 »
You mean like this?

Half-Life meets Resident evil and become Operation Flashpoint.

Somethin like that was in yer mind?  ;) :D

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2003, 15:01:29 »
Well thanks for the suggestion O Neil...any way,my second idea could be easyely done jus by useing Slashes Civil RPG MP mission(if he lets us) and then get some one to help me out on this Zombie script witch i got and sqeez out a few bugs init so it works in MP,and then my first version of this zombie mission will be completed in say about a week.

P.S.any suggestions on the name of this mission??

thnx,
      Murphy Man 8)

O Neil

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2003, 03:27:46 »
Operations Zombie Muncher............mabey not. ;)

Something like, Operation Evil Resedents..............

O Neil ;)

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2003, 14:56:46 »
lol how about Incubation or The Infestaion or maybe The Skye Virus (or what ever island i plan to make this on)?

P.S.Still looking for help and ideas

O Neil

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2003, 08:33:52 »
If you want help with your campaign, I can help you if you want, mainly the cut-scenes (Scripted).

O Neil ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2003, 10:34:17 »
real cool idea... its got me wanting to go in and start working on making it but im still learning scripting so i dont think it would be possible for a while

but if there is some way i can help let me know.. love the idea.. been waiting for someone to come up with this just i was hoping i would hear about it when it was out.. lol

anyway let me know.. also i think something like having it so the more ofthe island the Zombies take over the smarter the get like when they take half the island they start learning how to use small arms riding bikes or somthing lol... as for the name... if it is on Skye then "Skye Virus" sounds pretty cool

if not anything else i can be a beta tester... let me know

cya later

Sol Fire

« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2003, 10:36:45 »
oh and "Operation Zombie Muncher"??? sounds more like
pacman vs resident evil to me

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2003, 19:38:10 »
Thnx for the idea about the zombies getting smarter Sol Fire and yes u ur welcomed to help me you to O neial i need all the help i can get!

Also i got a zombie script sorted and its working fine in multiplayer,at last! just a few tweaks here and there and itll be perfect. ill inform u of more news as i go on this topic.

any more suggestions and idea will be recieved with open arms so plz keep posting
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2003, 19:39:51 by D.murphy man »

Sol Fire

« Reply #12 on: 25 Feb 2003, 07:55:23 »
hey happy to help... and since i own the DVD of resident evil maybe i will watch it a few times again and pick up a few ideas for ya and mix them with my own to come up with some cool ideas.. i dont know

how about ability to become infected and if that happens you have 15 minutes to get to a hospital and use the antidote or your dead? ;D

and maybe some BIGGER type zombies.. more rare but 3 times stronger and can take more bullets then a regular?
 ;)

Sol Fire

« Reply #13 on: 25 Feb 2003, 08:04:03 »
maybe lay a few guns around the map in places like a shack or in a attic

ammo laying here and there too so it gives the feeling of a real life situation?

some vehicles here and there with very limited gas supply?

Offline D.murphy man

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: 25 Feb 2003, 21:03:02 »
WOW! :o very very nice idea's i love the one about getting infected and having to get to a hospital.Ill see if i can make this with my some what limited scripting skills.

At the moment i just started on making the skye mission iv spent most of the time testing scipts so far.So gonna go now and get working on it