Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] City of the Dead (BAS D/R)  (Read 17343 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:City of the Dead (w/BAS's Delta/Ranger addon!)
« Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2003, 02:07:03 »
just tested;D

da only bug i can find is dat da choper didnt wait 4 da restof da team 2 board it  :o didnt u hear bout leave no 1 behind ?  ;) ;D

is it just me or da ver wid da reg ppl was harder ??? (or mebe im just geing beter ::)) i need harder misions :P

but its kool nyway  ;)  ;D :toocool:

:cheers:

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2003, 15:51:14 »
Thanks for checkin it LCD!   :D

lol

The answer is that you're getting better and it's easier!   ;)   These guys have great body armor!   :o  

Never fear, I plan on changing the AI a lot and they will react to your attack much better.   ;)  (and hide in crazy spots)   :P

What's up with these choppers??  That's it... You have to walk back!   :P   :P  J/k.. that's weird...  Did you get in first or did you order your troops to get in first and wait??  Also, when exactly did you call the chopper for evac?  (the best way is to wait until you are ready and at the pickup spot in my experience...)   ;)

Thanks again!   8)   ;D

Asmo

P.S>  I added a huge weapon selection into it today.  Now I'm working on the AI and other stuff.   ;)

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #17 on: 27 Feb 2003, 09:02:20 »
INTRO: It wouldn't load. It said I was mission addon "6g3o.pbo" - even though I have a file in BOTH my addon folders called 6g3o. Anyway I didn;t see trhe intro, and i got the same error message when the mission started, but the mission still played.

MISSION:
Definitely nix the music man. I turned it on accidentally and was horrified to see that I couldn't turn it off. The mission would be a tiny download without the two music tracks. How many enemies were on the map? They seemed to keep coming and coming and coming.

Gonna go back and play it again....only I'll be patient this time. :)

More to come....
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

asmodeus

« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2003, 11:05:49 »
Thanks for testing it!  

That's Weird!!  It's the grenade launcher for the East side I think...  Wonder why you get the error?  

Well, I agree with you on the music thing partly..  (I was thinking along the same lines, actually)

I've already taken Fear Factory out of the mission.  (It was used for the outro)   But I feel that Prodigy fits in with the intro very well.  (you'd understand if you could see it) So I'm keeping that.  

But I have changed some things and now the mission weighs in at 2.6 MB I believe..  

I've also updated the AI, weapon selection, radio messages, support, enemy placement and numbers, as well as added a "stop music" option to the radio menu...  

So...  If you read this in time, I'm uploading the mission now...

I'll post more when it's done.   ;)

Asmo

asmodeus

« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2003, 12:00:59 »
Yeah... It's real strange, check out this bit from my mission.sqm:

Code: [Select]
class Intro
{
   addOns[]=
   {
      "Bizon",
      "Hunter",
      "editorupdate102",
      "bas_deraw",
      "bas_weap",
      "bis_weaponpack",
      "bis_resistance",
      "bas_kawa"
   };
   addOnsAuto[]=
   {
      "bis_resistance",
      "Bizon",
      "bas_deraw",
      "Hunter",
      "bas_kawa",
      "editorupdate102"
   };

The mission one does have the 6G30 listed, but as you said, that's a valid BIS addon...  ??

Where's the prob??  This sucks, cause I've seen the same thing happen on Wolf's missions...  Unexplained error messages that shouldn't be there!!    >:(  Well, mebbe this new version will fix it for some reason??   ::)

Anyone else have these probs so far?

*******************New version*******************

I changed the new version a lot on different things.  Here's a list of them:

• Added large weapon selection w/BAS weapons
  • Players' group starts w/silenced weapons
  • Enemies are now placed in key locations
  • No enemies should be on safe mode after the alarm goes off now
  • There are now special "seeker" groups in the city that will go towards any area that you are detected in a battle and support the defenders
  • Added key events that make the mission more of a challenge and more realistic (I'm not telling you, mebbe you'll notice)   ;)
  • Removed Fear Factory music, lessening the size of the mission by a lot (most people don't easily make it to the outro of this mission so far anyways)   ;)
  • Added radio option to "stop music" at any time (thanks toadlife, I thought the same thing when I was testing it a few days ago and fixed it)   ;)  
  • Changed Air support to where you can only call it after the enemy AA defenses are down.  (after you destroy the computers)
  • Fixed a few details in the mission that most people wouldn't notice, but that do come up under weird situations (trigger activations, enemy placement in parts of city that player usually wouldn't go to, removed lots of small objects and details I had in the city that most people wouldn't notice to reduce lag)
  • Changed Overview picture (I noticed that I need to fix the border a little bit on it today)
  • Changed camera angles in the intro and outro, as well as other details

That's all I can think of!  
 8)
You can get it at the same link!  

http://home.earthlink.net/~jehning1/COD.zip  (2.7 MB)

Thanks again for the feedback!!   ;D

*edit*  Also, I'm going to add custom voices for the radio chatter.  (once I get my soundcard to let me record anything but static again..  ::))

Asmo

P.S.   How many enemies??   I dunno... You can count em...   ;)  There's a lot.  (I like my missions challenging, that optional objective isn't for the faint of heart!)   ;)   ;)

P.P.S. I did remove a lot of the "roving" squads though, instead placing key defenders and certain "support" squads..  
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2003, 12:14:53 by Asmodeus »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2003, 17:55:31 »
ill test it soon ;D (hop dat in da next 2 dayz ;D)

LCD OUT

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #21 on: 01 Mar 2003, 06:28:24 »
deres probwid da link  :-X

it donw wanna D/L da mission4 me

LCD OUT

[edit] tried again nd it D/Ls - prooly was bug in ma comp :beat: or ur server ;D
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2003, 07:35:50 by LCD »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #22 on: 01 Mar 2003, 10:31:54 »
just tried it again and i gotta say dat da AI is lots beter now ;D - dey even gt me injured :wow:

can u gimme som hints on how u did dat ? (im 2 lazy 2  depbo ::) u just used guard and S&D wps ir its da grouplink script or.... ?
da only bug i saw is da choper - u have 2 make it wait till all da men inside - doesnt matter wen da command is given ;)

btw y did dey say dat dere r russian dere ? - all da spetz natz it should b clear ::) wat exactly happened ? i was busy runing away from MG  ;D

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #23 on: 01 Mar 2003, 11:56:57 »
Cool!   ;D  

I'm glad the AI is better.   ;D  And it's a secret how I did it...   ::)  (Actually, it's just like you said, I used a combination of waypoints and triggers in a certain way to achieve the crazy urban battle effect...  ;)  and Kali found out about GUARD wps.   ;))   (Good luck looking through the maze of wp's and triggers in this mission)   ::)  

I know what you mean, I've had the "Seeker" squads chase me down like crazy in this mission!   :o  You'd think I had a girl scout cookie or somethin!   ::)  

About the chopper...  CRAP!   :P  I'm gonna have to just use snYpirs wonderful heli landing scripts then.  Have a feeling it will work better.   (snYpir really did a great job on that)   :thumbsup:

The stuff about the Russians... They were still stunned that there were any Russians involved in the battle at all!  It's supposed to be a purely "Resistance" base..  I'll have to explain more in the briefing about that part of the story.  (It's going to have to do with the sequel)   ;)

I have a few q's for you:

Did you like the difference for the computer room access?  

Did any snipers chase you?   :P

Did you call the air support?

What direction did you attack the town from?

Did you use the default weapon loadout?

Do you think I should put custom voices in this?  (if I can get my soundcard to record)   :-\

Did you see the jumping purple llama??   :o    :P

Thanks for checkin it...    :D

Asmo

P.S.  THe problem was with your comp earlier..   :P   :P   ;)

« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2003, 11:58:29 by Asmodeus »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #24 on: 01 Mar 2003, 12:54:45 »
Did you like the difference for the computer room access?

its kool ;D even though i was shocked first time wen i saw it ;D

Did any snipers chase you?

no1 cud get close 2 me :P - didnt chase me - dey just got killed :P

Did you call the air support?

yeah 4 fun after i detroyed 2 tanks ;D

What direction did you attack the town from?

east - never was keen on walkin 2 much ;)

Did you use the default weapon loadout?

just gave 1of my team mebers carl gustav and took da kool new AT launcher 4 myself

Do you think I should put custom voices in this?

yeah

Did you see the jumping purple llama??  

no but i didt c da striper paras  :P  ::)

Thanks for checkin it...    

kool Q

Asmo

LCD

P.S.  THe problem was with your comp earlier..  

i know :P

ignore da last part of da ansers dis werent Qs ::) ;D

know what you mean, I've had the "Seeker" squads chase me down like crazy in this mission!  

tell me how u did seeker squads or ill kill u :P

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #25 on: 01 Mar 2003, 13:39:20 »
ROTFL   :P

thanx!   ;D

tell me how u did seeker squads or ill kill u

You'd have to find me first..   :P  

I did tell you how I did the seeker squads.   ;)  With guard wp's and triggers to activate their "seeking"!    ;)   :P  Also I replaced a lot of guys in different places where they are better hidden and such.  (and Kali is making something that's going to make this mission even crazier!!)   :o  

Tanks for answering all my q's.   ;D  That helps a lot!   ;D

I just played this mission through again and got 67 kills.   :D  (2 of them tanks, 8 snipers!)  :o   ;D  While testing this alot, I've noticed it's different every time!  (especially w/the AI how I have it)  

Tlk to you l8rz
 8)
Asmo

P.S.  Anyone else have a chance to cleanse Kolgujev of this Resistance AA missile threat?  :beat:

« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2003, 13:44:11 by Asmodeus »

The Avon Lady

« Reply #26 on: 10 Mar 2003, 10:39:10 »
I've played this once so far. Got killed somewhere in town by a bad guy.

Looks nice. I didn't read through most of the posts here because I don't want to spoil my playing the mission.

From the start, I have 2 suggested changes:

1. Give the commanders binocs. This is normal. So why do I have to nick them from the enemy officer I kill at the start? ::)

2. You suggest a well placed satchel charge should knock out the 2 PCs but you don't equip anyone with them. Not very realistic going out on a mission without the gear you know in advance you'll be needing. Here, too, like the binocs, nicking satchel charges from dead Spetsnazs doesn't really add any excitement to the mission.

asmodeus

« Reply #27 on: 10 Mar 2003, 11:31:29 »
Thanks for checkin it out Avon!!

I have a question for ya:

Did you check the gear selection?  

I think you'll be nicely surprised if you haven't yet.   ;)

Also, I need to update the briefing, cause I actually made it to where the computers can be destroyed with gunfire very easily.   ;)

In the final version I'll include the binocs in the default loadout though.   ;)

Thanks for the feedback!   8)  

Asmo

The Avon Lady

« Reply #28 on: 10 Mar 2003, 11:38:36 »
Did you check the gear selection?  

I think you'll be nicely surprised if you haven't yet.   ;)
I did but I didn't see anything. What am I missing? ???

While I'm here, another suggestion.

At the start, you've got these soldiers walking around causally just outside the woods. Not very realistic, considerring they were just bombarded beyond the hill.

I would suggest all of these soldiers take up a defensive recon position in the bushes on the hill just to the east of the forest's edge. That hill both overlooks the forrest where the Rangers are starting from and the town, making it a highly strategic vantage point to either side.

asmodeus

« Reply #29 on: 10 Mar 2003, 11:56:17 »
Good suggestions!  

To tell you the truth, mebbe you have the version without the big gear choice?   ::)  If so sorry..   ::)   :-*  I thought there was binocs in the weapons loadout (as well as satchels and a bunch of other stuff)   ;)

If it's not there, it will be in the next version!   ;)

Good input about the soldiers walkin along.  I changed everybody else but them I think.   ;)  Thanks, that will be looked at.   ;D

Time for me to get some z's.  

Thanks again!   8)   ;D

Asmo

*edit*

You have the one that's 2.7 MB's right?  
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2003, 11:58:48 by Asmodeus »